Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• edited October 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    Worth mentioning I think that if we haven't agreed a price with Boreham Wood and haven't started negotiations with the Sorba I find it hard to believe we'll get this done today. 
    Disagree. Easily enough time, not even midday yet.
    We have until 5pm. Not midnight though. IF we agree terms with the club, then we have to start negotiating with the player and agent... 
  • Clarky said:
    Looks like to me that Phillips has had some bad guidance by his agent. 

There plan seems to have backfired and left Dil in limbo!
    Or maybe he's not as good as a lot of people on here (and his agent) think. 
    Phillips is a very good shot stopper but his kicking severely lets him down. Also not great at commanding his area and punches/flaps a little too much for my liking. Is he better than Amos, possilbly but not enough for him and his agent to be dicking around. 
    If Phillips is all of those things, then Amos is a whole lot worse, his kicking is horrendous. I'd have Dilly over Amos every day of the week, however i will say the season Amos was with us last, i thought he was outstanding.
  • I reckon there is a good chance that Sorba knows what he will get if he joins us. 
  • Swisdom said:
    Borehamwood have clearly got the arse that a player is refusing to play - rightly so.  I can't see us advising him to do that so you would assume it's coming from his agent trying to force a move.  This will most certainly have got their backs up leading to this missive from their Chairman.

If they are not financially struggling you wonder if they will play hard-ball and hold out for the appropriate bid.  Clearly they are trying to start a bidding war but I can't see that working out.  If they need the money I would think they will blink today and he'll move.

In my head I guessed £100k was the asking price as someone stated "six figures".  That is still a massive punt on someone  from this level.  No doubt they will be bleating on about "Vardy and buying potential" but that's just daft.  He's a freak.  If the actual asking price is £500k then that's mental and will never happen.

Personally I have no idea if he is good enough for us but presumably we have scouted him several times so he must have something about him.
    The other big difference with Vardy is that he had scored 57 goals in 73 games respectively for Halifax and Fleetwood in the previous two seasons and was top scorer in the Conference in his final season. £1m with adds on making it £1.7m was a massive and seemingly ridiculous gamble. But you can't argue that it didn't ultimately pay off as his goals, effectively, won them the Premier League.

• I know it was confirmed that he wasn’t a target, but Timmy Abraham has joined Plymouth on loan. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dizzle said:
    I know it was confirmed that he wasn’t a target, but Timmy Abraham has joined Plymouth on loan. 
    :o but Alan said he was coming here?
  • Do we need BOTH Sorba and Smyth, or is Smyth an alternative in case the Sorba deal falls through? With Doughty and Maddison, that seems an excess of wide attacking players
  • I think we’ll get the Borham Wood player 
  • Do we need BOTH Sorba and Smyth, or is Smyth an alternative in case the Sorba deal falls through? With Doughty and Maddison, that seems an excess of wide attacking players
    Cover for both of them to an extent with then another Striker joining

Dont forget that Sorba is the third signing that might happen, we should still expect two others
  • Any hints on the striker?
  • J BLOCK said:
    I think we’ll get the Borham Wood player 
    I'm inclined to agree.  I suspect the donkey work is all done - it's just meeting their price (or somewhere near it) that remains outstanding.
  • Getting the medical done before 5pm rules out most clubs outside London. 
  • I reckon there is a good chance that Sorba knows what he will get if he joins us. 

Golfie remarks that he's not worth the money after 15 minutes of his debut on the match thread ?
    The negativity of our fans doesn’t even wait that long mate, it’s usually “underwhelmed, Wikipedia page doesn’t fill me with confidence” after the official announcement.
  • Valley11 said:
    Any hints on the striker?
    Depends if Smyth is considered a/the striker or not. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:
    Hemed?  he's in London
  • I'm not going to lose sleep over Sorba. TS and Gallen will offer what they feel is right. 
  • Valley11 said:

Igor Vetokele.
  • Agree, with you there @Sage, I'm hoping we have somebody better up our sleeve from a PL loan for a forward.
  • I will say that the letter regarding Sorba does seem like the kind of thing a club does when they know he is going and just want a few more quid (which is perfectly reasonable). I take it from that that he will be our player by the end of the day.
  • Sage said:
    I know how this will sound, and I don’t like it, but I’ll be completely honest and say if Smyth is the ‘striker’ we bring in, I’ll be underwhelmed.

He’s very quick and we lack that across the team, but it doesn’t solve any problems regarding the lack of goals.

We were interested in him the season we went up, but didn’t pursue the interest and he went to Accrington Stanley. He’s got 4 goals in his last 40 games or so, I just don’t see him as too inspiring. 
    The problem is that there’s just nobody out there for the money we’re offering. With the wage cap you have to take punts on players and pray they come good. 

If we got Sorba Thomas, Smyth and another good midfielder on loan, I’d be very happy with how this window has gone.