Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Valley11 said:
    Any hints on the striker?
    Hemed?  he's in London

Honestly, I think at this stage he'd be better than who we get even if he's seen as a bit of a joke figure now. He didn't perform at Championship level which doesn't mean he can't perform at League One level. 

He seemed low on confidence rather than just being done as a player as his movement wasn't dreadful or anything. I think he'd score in League One, and if he's low on offers so will take a small 1 year deal, why not.
    If we didnt have Bogle then I'd agree...

Having Hemed | Bogle | Aneke | Washington as our options would be fine but would feel like we're missing the pacey striker
  • RE: Phillips and Palace... I wonder if we'd do a slightly better deal for them compared with other clubs

The way the Inniss deal worked (not to mention Williams) it sounds in a way like we owe them a bit
  • For once I'd be fine with that if it frees up Dillon's wage for another player
    Agreed, he'll just go there and play for their reserves anyway. 
  • edited October 2020
    Looks like we were after Odin Bailey on loan from Birmingham but it fell through

• In terms of Smyth, two fast wider players and two strong physical ones. That could potentially be League One defence busting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    Sage said:
    I know how this will sound, and I don’t like it, but I’ll be completely honest and say if Smyth is the ‘striker’ we bring in, I’ll be underwhelmed.

He’s very quick and we lack that across the team, but it doesn’t solve any problems regarding the lack of goals.

We were interested in him the season we went up, but didn’t pursue the interest and he went to Accrington Stanley. He’s got 4 goals in his last 40 games or so, I just don’t see him as too inspiring. 
    The problem is that there’s just nobody out there for the money we’re offering. With the wage cap you have to take punts on players and pray they come good. 

If we got Sorba Thomas, Smyth and another good midfielder on loan, I’d be very happy with how this window has gone. 
    I think all things considered, we’ve had a good window and signed some excellent players for this level.

But when you look at some of the signings made by others in the league since the cap came in, I do think there’s better out there than Smyth if he’s deemed to be the striker.

Bogle could prove to be a great signing, but we are 100% weaker up front than we have been over the last 2/3 years and I just don’t see how Smyth changes that.
    I agree Smyth is underwhelming, but he is lightning quick, which is exactly what Bowyer wants. I'm sure after a few months working with him in training, Bowyer will get a tune out of him. Let's not forget that Bogle and Washington are also fairly quick strikers, certainly quicker than any League One defender. 

I would have hoped we'd be able to get a good young striker from a Premier League side, rather than QPR's deadwood - but beggars can't be choosers. 

For me this season is a free-hit, I don't particularly care where we finish as long as we put up a good fight. It's all about building strong foundations to romp the league next season - so long as 90% of the clubs haven't gone bust by then. 
  • edited October 2020
    5 minutes til deadline to play tomorrow. 

5hrs 5 mins remaining to sign the 2-3.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    5 minutes til deadline to play tomorrow. 

5hrs 5 mins remaining to sign the 2-3.
    Is that ITK?? 
  • Dizzle said:

Uh-oh..
    Bloody hell, if that's not agent talk I don't know what is. No offence to him, he done a superb job last season for us
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Do proven league 1 goals scorers exist?

If you look back over the last 3 or 4 seasons everyone that has scored goals in league 1 is either playing in the championship, at least, or has already failed in the championship.  And we seem to be judging are current strikers, and any linked, on not being regular goal scorers in the championship.  BWP didn't score regularly in the championship either side on our title winning season. 

If you score 20 goals in league 1 your either going to get promoted, or sold very quickly.  
    Mo Eisa is perfect surely, no idea why no one has tried to get him 
  • So potentially no extras playing tomorrow... 

(Obviously someone could be signed but awaiting announcement) 
  • edited October 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    So potentially no extras playing tomorrow... 

Yep looks like that what happened with Inniss and Maateson they signed, trained then did interviews before it was announced. 
  • After a leaked article was anonymously put into the public domain yesterday and after much speculation that Charlton Athletic had made an offer for Wood fans favourite Sorba Thomas, the Club can now publicly state, that Charlton have in fact made a bid but their kind offer falls a bit short of the Club’s valuation of the player, which they were made very aware of that before making their offer in writing.

Thats a no from me.
  • Dansk_Red said:
    Getting the medical done before 5pm rules out most clubs outside London. 
    Medicals can be done elsewhere just as I doubt they actually have to be in London to sign.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2020
    MattF said:
    Looks like we were after Odin Bailey on loan from Birmingham but it fell through

Loan spell to a L2 club cut short by injury.  Sounds ideal for us.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    So potentially no extras playing tomorrow... 

Not bothered about the noon deadline. We've got enough new players to integrate tomorrow anyway, not helped by having 4 players away on international duty, and both Wales and N Ireland being away on Wednesday
  • To me it looks like its Sorba OR Smyth for the wide/winger place. Was Cawley referring to Smyth just then or Sorba ?  Can't see us signing both as we still NEED A STRIKER WHO CAN SCORE US THE GOALS WE NEED TO WIN GAMES.
  • To me it looks like its Sorba OR Smyth for the wide/winger place. Was Cawley referring to Smyth just then or Sorba ?  Can't see us signing both as we still NEED A STRIKER WHO CAN SCORE US THE GOALS WE NEED TO WIN GAMES.
    In my opinion the latter won’t happen. Just have to hope that the likes of Bogle and Washington can score more goals in a season than they have ever done before.
  • MattF said:

"It's important for him to play"
    ........... I would imagine Birmingham wanted guarantees about game time for the lad.

Bowyer wouldn't be willing to do that.

• That one has come in out of the blue.

• If he’s the striker we’re after I’ll be underwhelmed.

😉
  • Do we need another attacking midfielder?