Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    The Sorba deal won’t happen this time. It’s a shame because if he bangs in 10 goals before January he’ll go elsewhere 
  • Options
    Lots of chat about whether Phillips has got his move, how his agent might have overplayed his hand etc.

But in it all, nothing about Adam Matthews. He doesn't appear to have got a new club (although I assume he can still sign for someone as presumably on a free).

Can't help but feel him and his agent can't be too happy tonight.   
  • Options
    edited October 2020
  • Options
    Phillips to Cardiff 
  • Options
    Cardiff apparently 
  • Options
    The Sorba deal won’t happen this time. It’s a shame because if he bangs in 10 goals before January he’ll go elsewhere 
    We can sign him and loan him back.....I think 🤔 
  • Options
    Phillips to Cardiff 
    Guess or hears something?
  • Options
    Bonne went to Bowyer and said he wanted to go. What are we meant to do? Keep him when his heart isn’t in it and probably do a Lyle and refuse to play? Time will tell but I think both Bogle & Smith will prove to be good signings and better than Bonne.
    Bonne is under contract for 2 more years, that's the difference

And Lyle wanted to go to Brentford last summer, but we refused to sell him. He might have been sulky, but continued to play until March. His unforgiveable hissy fit was at the end of the season when  he was about to go out of contract
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Back up to Alex Smithies then. Nice.
  • Options
    I'd rather be number 1 in League 1 than backup to Smithies in the Championship. Strange move for Dillon but hope it works out for him
  • Options
    Would be a crime for Dills to not be playing somewhere. Very happy he seems to have found a new home
  • Options
    Barker
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Rossman92 said:
    Would be a crime for Dills to not be playing somewhere. Very happy he seems to have found a new home
    He won't be playing
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Can see Bogle/Maddison/Washington and possibly Aneke getting into double figures with a few other players chipping in. Think we'll be just fine. 
    I’ll give £20 to The Upbeats if three of those four score 10 or more league goals if you match it if they don’t. Obviously hope I lose £20.
    Go on then 🤝
    I’ll make a note of it somewhere.
  • Options
    I'd rather be number 1 in League 1 than backup to Smithies in the Championship. Strange move for Dillon but hope it works out for him

Backed himself into a corner I think. He's better than Smithies imo so may find his way into the team, but it'll be a waste if he just ends up bench warming somewhere. I think he's very good and has potential to be a starter in the Premier League.
  • Options
    Clarky said:
    Barker
    I think Pratley would be a better RB if needed....& we have 2 CBs fit.

Legend Pratley can do a job anywhere.

• Options
    So, did Philips get snapped up?
    Cardiff
  • Options
    Clarky said:
    Barker
    ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has Matthews signed anywhere? If not we May be able to get him back as back up to gunter. 
  • Options
    I’m still hoping there may be more as CAFC have not officially said that’s it.....
  • Options
    Has Matthews signed anywhere? If not we May be able to get him back as back up to gunter. 
    Not yet but doesnt need to sign with anyone today
  • Options
    LargeAddick - "I’m struggling to see how selling Bonne was a good idea." I'm assuming you have watched all of this season's games and particularly those that featured Bonne. And if you did how could you have come to any other conclusion? The man was a passenger and, of his own admission, had had his head turned by QPR's interest. He was mentally and physically AWOL in most of the games and, if anything, his performances were getting progressively worse. So, yes, selling him was a very good idea.
    this, plus it's clear that the Danish fella was our No 1 striking target but he choose to stay at home...what can we do
  • Options
    CHARL7ON said:
    I’m still hoping there may be more as CAFC have not officially said that’s it.....
    Wishful thinking anyway!
  • Options
     So did we push the wage cap to the limit?
  • Options
    CHARL7ON said:

• Options
    MattF said:
    CHARL7ON said:

I saw that but just thought they may officially say that’s it......... I’m just clutching at straws