Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• With any luck we've left some room in the wage bill to bring Schwartz in in January (or have another crack at it at least)
  • Talal said:
    Christ was it only a month ago we were wondering if our club was going to survive at all?
    People have very short memories. I've no issue with who we bring in or where we finish this season (long as we stay up!). Build properly next summer, anything we achieve now is a bonus. 
    Next summer the cap will still be in place, we will still face the same problems
  • MattF said:
    With any luck we've left some room in the wage bill to bring Schwartz in in January (or have another crack at it at least)
    If he is on our radar still and not getting game time at his current club, get him in sooner so that he can spend a month training, finding some where to live and adjusting to English life, ready to play in early jan
  • Talal said:
    Christ was it only a month ago we were wondering if our club was going to survive at all?
    People have very short memories. I've no issue with who we bring in or where we finish this season (long as we stay up!). Build properly next summer, anything we achieve now is a bonus. 
    Next summer the cap will still be in place, we will still face the same problems
    No, the Championship has a higher cap  :)
  • How much did Charlton get from Cardiff for our goalkeeper?
  • Ferryman said:
    Scoham said:
    Leuth said:
    I said this before but I'll say it again: why such resistance to Smyth? He's young, quick, hasn't found his feet yet, but according to people who know better than us has the ability to break through. He'd supplement our other forwards and we wouldn't necessarily depend on him. I know we only have room for 1 or 2 more players, but given a choice between him and Sorba Thomas, surely the one with league experience is preferable for a promotion push? Or we sign both! :) 
    Because a few articles call him a forward rather than a winger so some look at the stats and decide he’s an inexperienced striker who doesn’t score goals.

There will be a social media meltdown if he signs before the striker is announced.
    I think Smyth will be the Striker... Unless your talking about Thomas here?

Striker ? Another "striker" that doesn't score goals.

2017–Queens Park Rangers19(2)
    2019→ Accrington Stanley (loan)15(3)
    2019–2020→ Wycombe Wanderers (loan)19(1)

6 goals in 53 games in 3 years ?

Lets hope we can sign a proven striker, one that actually scores goals otherwise we'll be struggling to even get in the play offs. 
    Not 53 starts though.
    Hmm not even good enough to start
  • Redrobo said:
    MrLargo said:
    Southbank said:
    No proven goalscorer=no promotion
    Got in the play-offs in 96 with Leaburn as top scorer on 9. Prospered in the Premier League pre-Bent without prolific scorers (JJ had one season when he got 14). Parky got us close to the automatic spots with Burton and Mooney up front.

This division is dross. Peterborough, Sunderland, Ipswich, Pompey and Hull are our main rivals and none of them are going to power to the title like we did in 2012. We've got a solid squad, with some strength in depth for the first time in ages. I don't expect us to romp to the title, the salary cap has prevented anyone from spending the money required to do that. I do expect us to be there or thereabouts, and I think the top 6 sides will have lower points totals than previous years due the levelling effect of the salary cap causing more dropped points across the board against weaker sides.
    Lincoln City will be right up there.
    And so will Doncaster. I strongly fancy them to finish in top 6, maybe even in an automatic spot 
  • Im pretty much 85 % satisfied and 15% worried after the deadline - quite like the CL forum. Happy with the players coming in, but keeping Doughty was more important than any recruitment. 
    I agree we probably dont have a 20+ goal striker within our ranks today, but believe we have wingers and attacking midfielders to chip in enough.
    The biggest worry for me is cover for the CB/RB positions. With Inniss` injury record and now with Osh and Pearce on the sideline. Leaving me to think, have we got money left on the cap to bring in a free agent?
    Would think Luton and QPR are carrying a lot of the wages for Shinnie and Smyth. Pretty smart move making these loans, and not permanent signings. Hasn`t seen their contract situation been reported, but would think at least Shinnie might be in his last year and can easily be signed up permanent along the way.
  • Redrobo said:
    MrLargo said:
    Southbank said:
    No proven goalscorer=no promotion
    Got in the play-offs in 96 with Leaburn as top scorer on 9. Prospered in the Premier League pre-Bent without prolific scorers (JJ had one season when he got 14). Parky got us close to the automatic spots with Burton and Mooney up front.

This division is dross. Peterborough, Sunderland, Ipswich, Pompey and Hull are our main rivals and none of them are going to power to the title like we did in 2012. We've got a solid squad, with some strength in depth for the first time in ages. I don't expect us to romp to the title, the salary cap has prevented anyone from spending the money required to do that. I do expect us to be there or thereabouts, and I think the top 6 sides will have lower points totals than previous years due the levelling effect of the salary cap causing more dropped points across the board against weaker sides.
    Lincoln City will be right up there.
    And Donny Rovers
  • Sponsored links:

• Welly said:
    How much did Charlton get from Cardiff for our goalkeeper?
    You won’t believe this but.....it was undisclosed. I’d guess at £750k + add ons - (£25.00 if takes 30 wickets in an Ashes series)
  • The season starts tomorrow 
    Not sure on that, Bow said it’s going to take a while to get everyone up to speed.
  • I thought Bonne's replacement was Bogle or am I getting it confused here?

I would much rather have Bogle and Smyth than a disinterested Bonne.

Macca's success relies on him putting in 100%, chasing down lost causes and putting pressure on the back line. He had no interest in doing that in his last two weeks with us.
    Bogle was probably Taylor's replacement, big / strong and battler

What we still need really for Bowyer's setup is a Grant / Leko type striker
    But Taylor scored goals
  • I've very pleased with the dealings, of course I wanted more but considering we as a club was staring down the barrel few weeks ago. It's all positive progress and long may it continue.

Onwards and upwards. 

Macca's success relies on him putting in 100%, chasing down lost causes and putting pressure on the back line. He had no interest in doing that in his last two weeks with us.
    If we had told him he was staying until we got a replacement, and it didn't happen, he would have knuckled down and got on with it. That's how football works
    Or we have a Dillon Phillips situation on our hands with a depreciating asset that won't play for us.
    The only reason that Philips won't play for us is that Bowyer refuses to pick him.

Bogle was probably Taylor's replacement, big / strong and battler

What we still need really for Bowyer's setup is a Grant / Leko type striker
    But Taylor scored goals
    Bogle hasn't even started with us yet, give him a chance ;)

If we had told him he was staying until we got a replacement, and it didn't happen, he would have knuckled down and got on with it. That's how football works
    Or we have a Dillon Phillips situation on our hands with a depreciating asset that won't play for us.
    The only reason that Philips won't play for us is that Bowyer refuses to pick him.
    Granted but Phillips refused to sign a new deal. Bowyer did what he thought was best for the future of the team by gaining revenue. 

Why have a player in the squad who can just walk off after a year, bowyer wants a team of fighters not people along for the ride. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    So we could start our next game with the following (Assumes Shinnie already signed before 12pm)

Amos
    Gunter - Inniss - Famewo - Maatsen
    Shinnie - Watson
    Maddison - - - - - - - - Doughty
    Bogle - Washington

Subs: M.Brewer, Purrington, Pratley, Levitt, Williams, Smyth, Aneke
    Look at your team, Dazzler ......... 3 internationals on the bench, for a club in the Third Division! :smile:

Granted but Phillips refused to sign a new deal. Bowyer did what he thought was best for the future of the team by gaining revenue. 

Why have a player in the squad who can just walk off after a year, bowyer wants a team of fighters not people along for the ride. 
    Half our squad are out of contract in a year's time! Even amongst the goalkeepers, Amos's contract ran for the same time as Dillon's.

Half our squad are out of contract in a year's time! Even amongst the goalkeepers, Amos's contract ran for the same time as Dillon's.
    Difference being those players will be fighting for contracts either her or elsewhere. Phillips refused his new deal. 

• See you all again when the next window takeover thread opens in all of 12 weeks time.
    Correction  ;)
  • On one of the greatest stages in Football, Philips made one of the biggest fuck ups of all time. If we had lost that final 1-0 he would have been hung out to dry.

Nowhere near as good as he or his agent thinks he is.
  • I wish he had signed, great shot stopper. Disappointed with his attitude as I think he would have been the no1 in a Championship club quicker by staying with us.
    He has made his bench and will have to sit on it.
  • Very very disappointing window . I asked a simple question and all I got was slobbering over my girlfriend...

one last time

does a basic Valley Pass give me extended  highlights of all Charlton games?

how soon after a game does Valley Pass have extended highlights available?
  • Very very disappointing window . I asked a simple question and all I got was slobbering over my girlfriend...

one last time

does a basic Valley Pass give me extended  highlights of all Charlton games?

how soon after a game does Valley Pass have extended highlights available?
    Have you thought of asking the club?