Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    Who knows how these things work. Bowyer said he's tried to sign Smyth 3 times.

So QPR come in for Bonne and don't offer Smyth as part of the deal, knowing full well Bowyer fancies him?

Odd.

Bow fancied him on loan three times.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Surprised Lincoln have had so much change, what’s happened there?
    Makes their start even more impressive if they've got such a new squad
  • Options
     So did we push the wage cap to the limit?
    I reckon if all the loaned out players came back early we'd be over the cap.
  • Options
    @ButtleJR The wage cap can't be used as a reason. We could quite easily have paid a striker £7.5kPW, but we chose to spend that money on 3 other players instead.

Time will tell if we've made the right call. I genuinely believe we have a good squad but we do look a little light up top IMO.
    Then you wouldn't have enough players. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I got a couple of lols for suggesting they will be up and around the top of the league, but I think they have bought in some good players and play decent football. Long season, but I think they will be up there.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Scoham said:
    I got a couple of lols for suggesting they will be up and around the top of the league, but I think they have bought in some good players and play decent football. Long season, but I think they will be up there.
    Not sure about Lincoln yet... They started well last season and fell away, reckon they might do the same again

That be said they've been the best defensive side we've faced this season for me, whilst Donny have been the best attacking
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Talal said:
    Christ was it only a month ago we were wondering if our club was going to survive at all?
    People have very short memories. I've no issue with who we bring in or where we finish this season (long as we stay up!). Build properly next summer, anything we achieve now is a bonus. 
    Next summer the cap will still be in place, we will still face the same problems
    No, the Championship has a higher cap  :)
    Actually I don't think the Championship has a cap at all at the moment, not that we will have to worry too much about it.
    Liverpool & Man Ure haven't decided how much the Championship cap will be yet!
  • Options
    We’ve kept Doughty which is probably a bigger win than any signing.
    Ah but will his head have been turned?
  • Options
    We need to start shooting from outside the box, that's for sure. Being a small team, goals from set pieces are unlikely. I just don't see goals coming our way easily.
  • Options
    Well why not play him, he was contracted until the end of the season, same as Doughty.
    There's obviously been words between Bowyer and Dills. Perhaps, Dill has told him he's a Championship keeper and won't be playing Third Division?

You can imagine Bowyers reply. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We’ve kept Doughty which is probably a bigger win than any signing.
    Ah but will his head have been turned?
    I'm pretty sure if Alfie wanted to go he would have gone. As a few have said on here why would he want to go anywhere at the moment. We are without doubt one of the few clubs with a plan going forward. He may as well stay and see where it goes
  • Options
    tweet now deleted🤔🤔🤔
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Now reposted, what changed? 
  • Options
    Graphic showing Churn/ turn over of players since last season.

Only four teams have had more change and one of them is in administration.

Someone has a lot of free time on their hands.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    tweet now deleted🤔🤔🤔

Did Amos always wear 13? 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

I think we have to remember there are a lot of 1 year contracts around in League One, especially with smaller clubs.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Scoham said:
    Makes their start even more impressive if they've got such a new squad
    Did you watch our defeat to them. Christ we played them off the park, missed chance after chance, they had a complete non pen and rebound should have been disallowed. Hardly their quality that got the points that day.... 
    They were tough bastards to break down though werent they? - Add that to your squad and you'll score goals as you'll get chances

Stop conceding and you just wont need as many yourselves

Teams like Charlton can play all the pretty passes they want down here, wont get you anywhere though without the grit and organisation
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Who knows how these things work. Bowyer said he's tried to sign Smyth 3 times.

So QPR come in for Bonne and don't offer Smyth as part of the deal, knowing full well Bowyer fancies him?

Odd.

Bow fancied him on loan three times.
    Obviously got his own ideas as to how to get the best out of Smyth, like he did with Leko.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    We've got no number 1 ....... or number 9.

Was number 9 meant to be for Rocket Ronnie Schwartz, I wonder?

Perhaps there's a sign on the dressing room door:  "Vacancy. Please apply within".

• Options
    Jac_52 said:
    There is a great opportunity for one of our strikers/winger and attacking midfielders to step up to the plate.

Ronnie Swartz was going to be the striker that transformed our season but it broke down at the last moment.

Despite selling Bonne we couldn't get a direct replacement in that position. (Goal scorer with a 1 in 3 return) 

Money has come into the club with the Grant sell on clause: IF 20% then Duchatelet hadn't totally lost his marbles.
    Phillips wasn't given away and both Oztumer and Lapslie are off the pay roll.

Lots of new players with experience and also players with something still to prove.

A decent window and we should be working on checking out the Striker/goalscorer who will make the difference before the next window in 3 months.

We signed Washington who has a 1 in 2 return already. The other 2 strikers we signed haven't even played yet!! Bonne didn't fit how Bowyer wants to play, I'd guess mainly because of his lack of ability. Get over him.

Cannot believe anyone is moaning about our business given what has been occuring at this club over the summer and for the last god knows how many years. Quite frankly disgraceful support.

Bonne has 57 goals in 127 games for Orient,Charlton and QPR !
    1goal in 3 games is good in the Championship, despite the misses.
    He would've had a great partnership with Taylor but they never seemed to play together when they were both fit.

Lee Bowyer said he would get 2 strikers in to replace Bonne. 

We wish our strikers and the winger Smyth well but I'm sure Steve Gallen will continue to search for a young Hales, Mendonca or Taylor amount the lower Leagues.

Both Lyle and Clive only became top goalscorer at 27.

Unlike Bonne who was already a goalscorer when he made the 3 level jump, the "20 goal scorer" can be on potential to score that many as opposed to already having met that figure.

A decent window compared to the nonsense under Southall.

As I said a great opportunity for players to step up and take their chances.

• Options
    ross1 said:
    The season starts tomorrow 
    I think we will have to wait a couple of weeks as some of the new players are not match fit, plus they have to gel with the other players
    So a 46 game season has not become a 42 game one but a 40 or even 38 game one. Good job we aren't already playing catch up. 

You keep mentioning catch up, even though we’re only 4 games in. I very much doubt the top 6 after 4 games is ever the same top 6 at end of season. No need to be worrying about catch up at this time. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    2121 said:
    I think its quite obvious that alfie can play at a higher level based on his performances last term and his head has been turned. Dont think its anything against the club. 
    Also someone said on here he supports millwall so no reason to stay. 
    I disagree, I think it's quite obvious that Alfie has the potential to play at a higher level.

He only played as many games as he did last season because he was fit and avaliable.  Something you can't say about many of our players then. 

Big 10 weeks for him now, not in terms of his development, in terms of his attitude.  He may for the first time find himself left out of the 1st XI despite being fit and ready to go. 
    Agree to disagree then! For me he played at a higher level for half a season and was great. 
  • Options
    @Grapevine49 👏👏👏👏👏