Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Oggy Red said:
    We've got no number 1 ....... or number 9.

Was number 9 meant to be for Rocket Ronnie Schwartz, I wonder?

Perhaps there's a sign on the dressing room door:  "Vacancy. Please apply within".

I wonder if there's any budget left for a free agent...
    I suspect that there might be. Dillon has now gone and they tried to sign Thomas. 

I think we would need to be under the 22 man squad to register someone. 

Although I wonder if we might be saving it for the January window. 
  • Options
    Summary of grapevine's Post:

A good window. And stop fucking moaning.

• Options
    Still room for a number 9!
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    The season starts tomorrow 
    I think we will have to wait a couple of weeks as some of the new players are not match fit, plus they have to gel with the other players
    So a 46 game season has not become a 42 game one but a 40 or even 38 game one. Good job we aren't already playing catch up. 

You keep mentioning catch up, even though we’re only 4 games in. I very much doubt the top 6 after 4 games is ever the same top 6 at end of season. No need to be worrying about catch up at this time. 
    Southampton got 5 points from their opening 7 games of the 2010/11 season. 
    They got promoted at the end of it.

It's simply ridiculous to consider that we are out of it at this stage. Typical golfie!🤪 Though I do wonder if he is on a wind up half the time. 
  • Options
    Life is too short to read all of Grapevines posts. Only kidding, excellent post as usual.
  • Options
    Even Bowyer agrees that we haven't got a No 9. Oh dear.
  • Options
    Maybe Williams can play as a 'false 9' like he did for Wales the other night. 
  • Options
    Sorba Thomas no longer follows charlton on twitter so either being professional and not following after his club made things clear yesterday or maybe he's pissed off we didn't offer more for him to land him. Either way he won't be here anytime soon 
    Transfer window opens again in just 11 weeks. Monitor him between now and then and if we think it's worth it, maybe go back in with a higher bid in January. 
    Thing is if he is any good we ain't gonna be the only ones
    interested, so might work out in our favour to get a deal
    done prior to January and get him up to speed before
    next year
  • Options
    We’ve kept Doughty which is probably a bigger win than any signing.
    Ah but will his head have been turned?
    What by Luton,.. don't think so,  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am very excited by the shape of the new team and reckon Bogle and maybe Washington will beat their career best of goals per season this year.

in an ideal world I think we would all have wanted to see a Gary Linekar poacher join as well. Still think we have the potential to rip most teams in this division apart. 

Will watch the game today.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Now reposted, what changed? 
    So, seems No1 has been retired, surely Ben could be promoted ;)
  • Options
    Well said @Grapevine49

How do we nominate people for the fans advisory panel?
    Can we anti-nominate people too?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Oh dear god!! - So you dont think for one minute that Bogle / Smyth have chosen their respective numbers rather than accepting what they've been given!! 
  • Options
    With no No.9 on that list, can someone find a goal scoring free agent out there who may consider a couple of grand a week for a few months?

I'm sure someone like Gstede, Keogh, Anichebe or Miller might show some interest. Experienced and possibly lethal at League 1 level.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Scoham said:
    Oggy Red said:

Perhaps there's a sign on the dressing room door:  "Vacancy. Please apply within".

I suspect that there might be. Dillon has now gone and they tried to sign Thomas. 

I think we would need to be under the 22 man squad to register someone. 

Although I wonder if we might be saving it for the January window. 
    Phillips wasn't part of our named squad and Thomas would have counted as u21, so neither of their wages would have been under the salary cap.
  • Options
    Where did you see that mate? Presume you have a link for it
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Now reposted, what changed? 
    Famewo name spelled wrong
    I feel better about misspelling his name on another thread when even the club gets it wrong  :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Lee say's we haven't got a No9, then he must have said that
    knowing something is about to happen, who knows, maybe
    he has a freebie set up and waiting for the big intro.
    Are we really sure nothing has happened with Schwartz
    or Thomas that we are not ITK  ;)

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Shame Gestede seems to have held out for big wages rather than play. Rumours on here were that we approached him but he wanted too much - shame as he’d probably have done a job for us in league 1. He’s not been taken and at 31 should be trying to play football before his short career ends. 
  • Options
    Couple of strikers still free agents that we may have a look at, Jordy Hiwula and Mamadou Thiam. Both shouldn’t be looking for huge wages and may be decent at league one level.
  • Options
    It's noticeable that none of our signings were players "poached" from other clubs, they were all loans, free agents or in the case of Inniss someone not needed at their previous club. 

These are unusual times, with far more free agents available at this stage of the season, and indeed STILL available (e.g. Joel Lynch and Adam Matthews) than normal which made getting bodies in easier. 

I suspect that come January we'll do further and more aggressive business, targeting a striker as we are definitely short up top. I also wonder if one or two more might be moved on if they fail to make in impact in the team in the next 2 months, e.g. Chuks, to free up more wages
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Oggy Red said:

That's exactly what I was implying.

• Options
    GRAPEVINE ! You my friend are always on the money. Your post explains exactly what many of us also believe. Far too many moaners about. In the face of all the internal and external issues that have been going on the last few weeks have been fantastic for the club. People have short memories and need to think back over what may have been. 
    Your statement that if anyone does not want to sign up to the journey is bang on, best to get rid now
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Maybe Williams can play as a 'false 9' like he did for Wales the other night. 
    Ah, of course ....... number 7 is really the 'false 9'.

Simples. :smile:
  • Options
    Mum lad informs me that West Brom top league scorer last season had 10 goals. So isn’t a must have to win a league. 
  • Options
    SamE7 said:
    Where did you see that mate? Presume you have a link for it
    It was posted in big bright red on the previous page of this thread. :smile:

#duhpeoplereadonlythemostrecentpost