Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    £16m according to the daily fail.

Another £2.8m (est) in the club purse if the 20% sell on is correct.
    Thomas will be "in the black" before you know it.
  • Commentary team on Valley Pass are going to have a hard time next couple of games.
  • limeygent said:
    Dazzler21 said:

He'll take the profit from the player sales (Bonne, Grant, Dillon, Doughty) and sell the club to the Turkish consortium  ;)
  • Dazzler21 said:

Shrewd from Sandgaard. With this sell on fee and the Bonne money, the man will probably be in profit. Plus potential fees to come for Doughty and Phillips.

Thankfully the money is going to him though, imagine if it had been falling into the hands of Elliott!! 
  • edited October 2020
    Dazzler21 said:

Should just about cover the Freshfields bill.
  • limeygent said:
    Dazzler21 said:

CASH OUT!!!!  ;)
  • Oggy Red said:
    Timmy Abraham was in our Academy until 3 years ago.
    Indeed, and another example of the Cat 1 status in comparison to us. I am actually not entirely sure on the terms he left the club. I might be completely wrong, and apologise if I am, but I think he and his father pushed for the move.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ben Woodburn seems a bit injury prone. And is a Welsh international, so you can see why he's been linked to us!
  • We’re only likely to be interested in Woodburn because he’s a Welsh international :smile:
  • Sage said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Indeed, and another example of the Cat 1 status in comparison to us. I am actually not entirely sure on the terms he left the club. I might be completely wrong, and apologise if I am, but I think he and his father pushed for the move.
    Which is why we should spend the incoming funds from player sales on cat 1 status facilities.  If we do have to sell Doughty (who is good, but never outstanding based on the way we play) then invest the money for the long haul.
  • Ben Woodburn seems a bit injury prone. And is a Welsh international, so you can see why he's been linked to us!
    He broke a bone in his foot last year. And in his first game back, broke a similar bone in his other foot!

I don't believe he had too much injury before then though.

• limeygent said:
    Commentary team on Valley Pass are going to have a hard time next couple of games.
    Perhaps they should ditch all the stupid shout outs, find it all a bit pathetic really.
  • Simply describe all the events taking place for those who can't see them.
    Well not simply actually given what happens, we can but hope it will become so.
  • BalladMan said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Who calls their kids Timmy and Tammy?  Bordering on Neville Neville territory. 

There are actually five brothers - Tammy, Temmy. Timmy. Tommy and Tummy but the last named is unlikely to make it due to weight issues (I never get fed up telling that one!)

Other footballers with names to envy/live up to are  Marvelous Nakamba (Zimbabwe), Hulk (Brazil), Gabriel Jesus (Brazil), Norman Conquest (Australia), Modest M'Bami (Cameroon), Surprise Morini (South Africa), Prince Boateng (Germany), Johannes Vennegoor of Hesselink (Holland) and last but not least Wayne Wanklyn (from plain old Hull)
    That’s a great one, can’t stop laughing. His parents have got a great sense of humour, I wonder if Norman does?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2020
    FAVADDICK said:
    both would be very good signings 
    Timmy came through our academy before leaving to join Fulham. 
  • edited October 2020
    Also just read that Dortmund tried to sign Timmy on deadline day but deal fell through. Were looking to loan to buy and join their 23’s side. He was highly regarded with us. Take everything with a pinch of salt with Nixon though. 
  • BalladMan said:
    Oggy Red said:
    I kid you not, my brother in law’s three girls from his first marriage are called Tina, Gina and Dina. He’s from South Carolina.
  • Has Alan Nixon got anything right yet?
  • BalladMan said:
    Oggy Red said:

There are actually five brothers - Tammy, Temmy. Timmy. Tommy and Tummy but the last named is unlikely to make it due to weight issues (I never get fed up telling that one!)

Other footballers with names to envy/live up to are  Marvelous Nakamba (Zimbabwe), Hulk (Brazil), Gabriel Jesus (Brazil), Norman Conquest (Australia), Modest M'Bami (Cameroon), Surprise Morini (South Africa), Prince Boateng (Germany), Johannes Vennegoor of Hesselink (Holland) and last but not least Wayne Wanklyn (from plain old Hull)
    Sunderland's Max Power is a good one too!
    Bryn Gunn ex Forest.
  • Henske said:
    Henske said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    When you read about Inniss, he doesn't actually sound like a bad lad, pretty sure Palace would have got rid of him sooner if he were:

Inniss had a troubled childhood, as his mother's drug dependency and his father's imprisonment left him to raise his two younger siblings as a teenager. 

He has three police cautions: 
    one for a public order offence in 2011, 
    one for common assault in August 2015 and 
    one for being drunk and disorderly and resisting a police constable in March 2015.

On 9 September 2016, Inniss pleaded guilty to assault following an incident in a bar four months earlier; he was sentenced to 14 weeks in prison. He was released three days later after successfully appealing his sentence, which was suspended for 18 months; he was also handed 240 hours unpaid work, a £300 fine, and ordered to take part in a 20-day alcohol rehabilitation course.

Seems to be struggling as a result of his terrible upbringing and childhood being stolen by forced parental duties for his siblings... Given all his struggles he has managed to stay at Palace and earn loans at decent levels. 

If Bowyer and Gallen think he's good enough and can manage him, then in them we must trust. 

You seem to be suggesting that this excuses his behaviour at 25?

If you are, I don't buy it, his record suggests that he is a nasty piece of work and I would hate to meet him in a pub. 

Having said that, if he is a good footballer, I would happily have him as our nasty piece of work, we need more of them. 
    Suggesting that this offence history indicates that this young man is a ‘nasty piece of work’ is seriously out of order. I’ve worked in the criminal justice system for many years with young offenders and, in fact, his offence record as detailed by dazzler21 if correct, would be entry level offending. The Cautions are all very low level, the assault was appealed successfully indicating no serious harm was perpetrated. The prison sentence was probably the outcome because he resisted arrest. Care needs to be taken when labelling a person because of criminal records, especially offence records relating to teenagers. 
    Well I stick by my comments. It wasn't a one off and it is an indication. 

He wasn't a teenager for all offences. 
    Troy Deeney is an example of a player who committed a violent offence, served time and went on to have successful career. There are other examples The guy deserves a chance. 
    I really don't get your argument, I have never at any point said that he doesn't deserve a chance, I simply don't buy absolving his behaviour because of his parents.

We all make mistakes and some of us have had moments we aren't proud of, but to be a repeat offender suggests it's more than a mistake. 
  • edited October 2020
    limeygent said:
    Commentary team on Valley Pass are going to have a hard time next couple of games.
    Why, are there even more shout outs than usual!?
  • BalladMan said:
    Oggy Red said:
    There’s a set it twins at a school I work in .... ‘arry and ‘enry