Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• edited October 2020
    £16m according to the daily fail.

Another £2.8m (est) in the club purse if the 20% sell on is correct.
  • Scoham said:
    Huge pinch of salt as it's Nixon but he's saying West Brom have agreed a deal worth more than £14m for Grant.

Not that we can use it, but can only help us next summer if we're back in the Championship.

What's that worth to us, Scoham ...... ?

• Oggy Red said:
    Scoham said:
    Huge pinch of salt as it's Nixon but he's saying West Brom have agreed a deal worth more than £14m for Grant.

Not that we can use it, but can only help us next summer if we're back in the Championship.

Don't know for certain, I would guess the sell on clause is something like 20% of the profit Huddersfield. We sold him for about £2m, so potentially £2-3m.
  • If the grant transfer goes through I’d sign up Dillion and Alfie , and still have change over for a few more through the door.
  • Scoham said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Scoham said:

Don't know for certain, I would guess the sell on clause is something like 20% of the profit Huddersfield. We sold him for about £2m, so potentially £2-3m.
    Cheers, Scoham. Handy to have in the bank or towards whatever, even if we can't spend much of it right now.

• If the grant transfer goes through I’d sign up Dillion and Alfie , and still have change over for a few more through the door.
    Really? You'd sign two want away players?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    £16m according to the daily fail.

Another £2.8m (est) in the club purse if the 20% sell on is correct.
    Just seen your post, Dazzler Wazzler. Cheers, mate.

Not with the salary cap in place we wouldn't. Seemingly, we could sell a player for £50million and still be unable to go above the cap
  • edited October 2020
    Why didn't ESIv1/2 cash in that sell on clause while they were in charge? I can imagine Huddersfield offering them £500k and having their arm bitten off. Seems even stranger than the non sale of Lyle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    Gallen said in his interview today about hopefully signing 2 or 3 more. Two is almost certainly coming in, but definitely interesting if we manage to sign another on top.

Maybe we could be looking at wherever we get an additional bit of money from Grant going. It’ll be 20% of profit, so likely to be around £2.5mil if those fees are to be believed.

A couple of our young players could be heading out on loan as well. Would assume if we sign the striker, we will let Davison go out on loan for a little while. Wouldn’t be surprised if Vennings was the other.
    Or is a third reliant on Phillips and/or Doughty (or others?) going? We won't have more than five loans, so if we assume the next two are loans then any extra signings would need to be permanent. We'll need room under the salary cap for that to happen, unless they're u21.
  • Henske said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Henske said:
    Henske said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    When you read about Inniss, he doesn't actually sound like a bad lad, pretty sure Palace would have got rid of him sooner if he were:

Inniss had a troubled childhood, as his mother's drug dependency and his father's imprisonment left him to raise his two younger siblings as a teenager. 

He has three police cautions: 
    one for a public order offence in 2011, 
    one for common assault in August 2015 and 
    one for being drunk and disorderly and resisting a police constable in March 2015.

On 9 September 2016, Inniss pleaded guilty to assault following an incident in a bar four months earlier; he was sentenced to 14 weeks in prison. He was released three days later after successfully appealing his sentence, which was suspended for 18 months; he was also handed 240 hours unpaid work, a £300 fine, and ordered to take part in a 20-day alcohol rehabilitation course.

Seems to be struggling as a result of his terrible upbringing and childhood being stolen by forced parental duties for his siblings... Given all his struggles he has managed to stay at Palace and earn loans at decent levels. 

If Bowyer and Gallen think he's good enough and can manage him, then in them we must trust. 

You seem to be suggesting that this excuses his behaviour at 25?

If you are, I don't buy it, his record suggests that he is a nasty piece of work and I would hate to meet him in a pub. 

Having said that, if he is a good footballer, I would happily have him as our nasty piece of work, we need more of them. 
    Suggesting that this offence history indicates that this young man is a ‘nasty piece of work’ is seriously out of order. I’ve worked in the criminal justice system for many years with young offenders and, in fact, his offence record as detailed by dazzler21 if correct, would be entry level offending. The Cautions are all very low level, the assault was appealed successfully indicating no serious harm was perpetrated. The prison sentence was probably the outcome because he resisted arrest. Care needs to be taken when labelling a person because of criminal records, especially offence records relating to teenagers. 
    Well I stick by my comments. It wasn't a one off and it is an indication. 

He wasn't a teenager for all offences. 
    Troy Deeney is an example of a player who committed a violent offence, served time and went on to have successful career. There are other examples The guy deserves a chance. 
    No. Let's write him off before he's kicked a ball.

People don't deserve a second chance in life. In fact line them up against a wall and shoot them all.
    Yep, that seems to be the attitude of some people. A bit shortsighted IMO. Lacks empathy. 

I don’t lack empathy and am willing to give someone a second chance but it seems like he’s had that as he has committed numerous misdemeanours. I’m in TellyTubbies team on this one.
  • A utlity player who can cover RB and any other position plus 2 forwards will do nicely and also what I believe they will be after.
  • So. A 20+ goal a season striker then??
  • Why didn't ESIv1/2 cash in that sell on clause while they were in charge? I can imagine Huddersfield offering them £500k and having their arm bitten off. Seems even stranger than the non sale of Lyle.
    Same reason Phillips wasn't sold early in the window, no one could deside who would take the cash. 
  • @Dazzler21for the purpose of the list you can up date me as false information.

It was good to go on completion of the takeover but we wanted to look at other options, it's now completely off.

• We will not get to the PL in 10 years by continually selling our better players and replacing them with loanees and Palace cast offs

Our record of success with ex Palace players is dismal...

Butterfield, Borrowdale, Sorondo, McKenzie, Soares, Kaikai, Marcus Bent, Hudson, Jonny Williams, Dowie have all failed to live up to expectations.  Watson too early to tell. David Whyte and Chris Powell, Hreiderson and Rhoys Wiggins the only exceptions... Pardew best forgotten.
    You do realise that a third of the players mentioned didn’t make the dismal list!!
    Very good point. 28% of players on my list have done well... That is still a pretty dismal record of players signed from Palace IMO.  To be fair the part in my post about Palace cast offs was a bit tongue in cheek but people here seem to have taken it very seriously so maybe I should have added a 😀.

I had never heard of either of our signings before today, I hope they both do well.  I would be disappointed to lose Doughty so early on in his career and do worry that (mainly because of the cap) our squad building is very much short term based on loans and one year contracts.  It is good therefore to see Innis has 2/3 years.
  • Sponsored links:

• I do hope that people are going to manage their expectations for this season. Effectively, we are going to be sending out a team with probably a maximum of three players in the starting line up who were with us last season. They won't have had a pre season to train and play with each other or to get to know how LB wants then to play.

Making the play offs would be LB's greatest achievement. And to be clear that's not an expectation of mine.
    I personally think playoff’s is TS’s minimum expectation and rightly so imo.
  • Mind you I’m still confident we’ll win the league and think after Friday I’ll be even more so that we’re going up!
  • Scoham said:
    Sage said:
    Gallen said in his interview today about hopefully signing 2 or 3 more. Two is almost certainly coming in, but definitely interesting if we manage to sign another on top.

Maybe we could be looking at wherever we get an additional bit of money from Grant going. It’ll be 20% of profit, so likely to be around £2.5mil if those fees are to be believed.

A couple of our young players could be heading out on loan as well. Would assume if we sign the striker, we will let Davison go out on loan for a little while. Wouldn’t be surprised if Vennings was the other.
    Or is a third reliant on Phillips and/or Doughty (or others?) going? We won't have more than five loans, so if we assume the next two are loans then any extra signings would need to be permanent. We'll need room under the salary cap for that to happen, unless they're u21.
    Yes of course. I think they’re hoping that Phillips does leave now and we gain an extra million or so on top as well as the extra in the wages.

We’ve probably got enough to bring in another permanent anyway without the sale, but it would definitely help if Phillips leaves. 
  • mart77 said:
    Mind you I’m still confident we’ll win the league and think after Friday I’ll be even more so that we’re going up!
    Of course I hope you’re right but we really must win on Saturday. Ipswich are home to Accrington and we really have to start  getting some points on the board. Tough to get so many new players singing like a choir so quickly but that’s what’s needed. Certainly our season starts on Saturday but we must pick up three points. 
  • CH4RLTON said:
    I do hope that people are going to manage their expectations for this season. Effectively, we are going to be sending out a team with probably a maximum of three players in the starting line up who were with us last season. They won't have had a pre season to train and play with each other or to get to know how LB wants then to play.

Making the play offs would be LB's greatest achievement. And to be clear that's not an expectation of mine.
    Absolutely and I just hope more than anyone that TS can understand this too (not a criticism of Thomas # because seems a very measured guy) but its far to easy sometimes to base opinions truly on results without looking at the big picture.

My biggest fear this season is not finishing 14th/15th, its losing Bows and the staff because we have impatient supporters. I think Bows has shown a lot of patience and loyalty to us so the least we can is replicate it.
    Why?

Leaving aside the love and respect most fans have for him, we can't even get in the ground to watch the games, and the usual way fans drive a manager out is by protesting about him at or after a match, which has been incredibly rare for Charlton fans anyway. Pardew perhaps, but since then not even Fraeye was forced out by the fans.
  • Sage said:
    Scoham said:
    Sage said:

Yes of course. I think they’re hoping that Phillips does leave now and we gain an extra million or so on top as well as the extra in the wages.

We’ve probably got enough to bring in another permanent anyway without the sale, but it would definitely help if Phillips leaves. 
    Phillips has pissed me off, but I would be happy if seeing the signings and the ambition he changed his mind and signed up as I want players who can move upwards with us in our squad.
    If not we have to clear him out to free up the space. Even if that space is not filled until January.
  • mart77 said:
    Mind you I’m still confident we’ll win the league and think after Friday I’ll be even more so that we’re going up!
    Of course I hope you’re right but we really must win on Saturday. Ipswich are home to Accrington and we really have to start  getting some points on the board. Tough to get so many new players singing like a choir so quickly but that’s what’s needed. Certainly our season starts on Saturday but we must pick up three points. 
    Not sure but just have a feeling that once we get rolling there will be very few that will stop us in a few weeks. I’m normally a bit pessimistic so this is really unusual for me!