Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Great work by LB and team. I guess we need another forward now and we'll be in good shape. Anything beyond that is a bonus, or a replacement for Doughty if he goes.
  • edited October 2020
    It's jyust as important with a lot of midweek games coming up and of course the injuries we'll inevitably pick up, to have a squad that enables Bowyer to rotate where necessary. Its now coming together.

I expect to see a couple more go out on loan. Lapslie could definitely do with a loan spell somewhere.
  • It's really looking like a decent team. And with a few more to go. 
  • I won’t believe Doughty’s leaving until it’s “confirmed” by Rich Cawley and/or Pete O’Rourke. Unfortunately RH’s recent track record isn’t as stellar as it once was so I’m a little less inclined to believe it.

There’s about five pages of people calling him greedy etc over one whisper that was posted up here earlier today. Imagine if nothing’s happened and he’s reading those posts LOL.
    It's just unbelievable

to think he'll be sitting at home reading CL when I'm sure he's online choosing what flash motor he'll buy with his signing on fee from luton town.
  • edited October 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:
    Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:
    Redhenry said:
    Doughty off though
    I’m not overly fussed if I’m honest, I’d prefer to keep him though but if he’s refusing to sign a new deal then so be it....
    I am, we’d need to replace him with a winger with the potential to score 10+ this season, which Doughty has.
    As I said I’d prefer to keep him but if we’re being offered decent money then take it if he won’t sign a new deal. Agreed, we’d need to sign another winger on top of the winger we already need. 
    How many wingers did we use when we won the play offs? 
    None because we had mobile strikers who could drift wide and cause full backs problems, so a different formation suited us.

Bowyer’s moved to a 4-3-3 formation and building the squad with that in mind. You’d think he wouldn’t have to completely change his plans just by one player leaving.
    He changed to 433 because he had Doughty, people put that and the signing of Maddison together and came up with 433 as the preferred formation.

LB has talked about "different systems" back normally about 3 or 4 at the back.

Changing to 433, as the default, would have needed major surgery.  Where would you put Williams, Oztumer, Aneke etc in a 433?
    On the bench ?

Edit. Hmm 3 hours too late :-(
  • Is he our tallest ever centre back? If so, one for the Inniss book of records.
    Not sure... How tall was Chris Perry?

Jokes aside; Naby Sarr was also 6ft 5in
    And big Dave Shipperley.

"Ship, Ship, Shipperley!"

• Just the 2 more loans to come in then?
  • Presume we’llbe focusing on attackers from now
  • sammy391 said:
    Presume we’llbe focusing on attackers from now
    We have to surely - sign a good striker now and nobody out and we are all systems go - don’t sign s striker and I don’t see we have the quality up top to do what we want this year 
  • Sponsored links:

• I wonder with Doughty if it doesnt help that he's "admitted" that its best he doesnt say which Football team he supports

I'd be surprised if that doesnt limit him to Millwall | Palace or West Ham at a stretch

If you played for one of those two and had a chance to play at a higher level than them, would you take it?
    He is a Millwall supporter, I know this because his old man works for the same firm as me. 
  • CAFCsayer said:
    limeygent said:
    I see a lot of 0-0 draws coming.
    Thinking the same, decent MF, defence taking shape but no-one to score & I would be surprised there's any decent strikers hanging around that we could afford under the cap. 
    I reckon bogle could score shit loads off of Maddison crosses
    I reckon bogle could miss shit loads off of anyones crosses, I hope that I'm proved wrong.

• thenewbie said:

"Eagles manager Bowyer." EAGLES. MANAGER. BOWYER!?!?
    How can Bowyer say he’s a winner? What’s he won?
    In 2005 he won player of the year for Seymour Villa U-11 ‘B’ team....... this is actually true. I regularly used to watch Ryan and his brother play for that team on a Sunday morning in Beckeham Rec. 

I think Bowyer just means he has a ‘winners’ mentality.
  • edited October 2020
    So what pieces do we still need following today’s signings?

Amos, AMB (Phillips)

Gunter, Oshilaja, Inniss, Famewo, Pearce, Purrington, Maatsen

Pratley, Watson, Levitt, Forster-Caskey, Gilbey, Williams, Oztumer, Maddison, Doughty, Morgan, Lapslie

Washington, Aneke, Bogle

Maybe a fourth striker (Smyth)? Someone who can cover RB/be a utility player (Gotts)? Think we may now look to send Albie/Lapslie on loan.
  • Signed thread title.
  • So what pieces do we still need following today’s signings?

Amos, AMB (Phillips)

Pratley, Watson, Levitt, Forster-Caskey, Gilbey, Williams, Oztumer, Maddison, Doughty, Morgan, Lapslie

Washington, Aneke, Bogle

Maybe a fourth striker (Smyth)? Someone who can cover RB? Think we may now look to send Albie/Lapslie on loan.
    Still a striker short, a fox in the box type. That might be the hardest player to find

Amos, AMB (Phillips)

Washington, Aneke, Bogle

Maybe a fourth striker (Smyth)? Someone who can cover RB/be a utility player (Gotts)? Think we may now look to send Albie/Lapslie on loan.
    Deffo another striker and has got to be a natural goalscorer who abit like taylor did guarantees goals at this level !
    Yes its going to be hard but this cld be the most important part of the puzzle to produce a successful season

we cant mess about as dont think washington/bogle will score enough 
  • Sponsored links:

Amos, AMB (Phillips)

Washington, Aneke, Bogle

Lose Forster-Caskey, Otzumer, Morgan and Lapslie (The latter two on loan) and get in a striker, a winger/playmaker and another right back and I’ll be delighted with our business.

If Doughty goes, I’d want him replaced on top of that.
  • George Boyd released by Peterborough due to the club having exceeded the salary cap.

Worth a look?
  • edited October 2020
    Two good signings today, really happy with them and that the defence is now sorted, sets us up nicely for the last 3 days of the window.

I’d be disappointed if Doughty leaves, but would hope we would only let him leave if we could get something lined up to replace him. We have desperately lacked pace in our side and it’s something Bow and Gallen have identified, losing the quickest player at the club would hurt us.

Two players I would like us to sign, but both extremely unlikely for a number of reasons...

John Bostock, I do think he’d be an excellent signing at this level.

The other is Josh Sims. I’ve spoken about young Ellis Simms of Everton but they’ve indicated that he won’t be loaned out yet.

Josh Sims is mainly a winger but can play up front, but hasn’t featured for Southampton’s senior team this season. He’s been with the U23s. Was on loan at NYRB last season and Reading for 6 months the year before.

He would likely be the best player in the league, but also likely not to want to drop to League One. It would be one hell of a loan signing though. 
  • BalladMan said:
    BalladMan said:
    thenewbie said:
    Makes sense if the Chelsea lad is lined up. Same position but due to his age and it being a loan means a bit more money to be spent elsewhere.
    Thing is Koiki was a long term replacement, whereas the Chelsea
    loan is just that, a loan, and we all know about Chelsea and their
    loan "deals", could be a very short season loan indeed, if it comes
    off :)
    But this time we will actually pay (some of) the wages and have players with an age > than the loanee playing around them.  We can't be that shit at Christmas again. 
    I hear what you are saying, and hopefully this Christmas, Santa
    actually leaves us something rather than take it away.
    Maybe the words Chelsea and loan deal don't seem to sit well
    with me and makes me very wary that's about it really.
    But even Bowyer himself pointed the finger at the embargo, the shit show that was ESI and the fact we were not paying Gallaghers wages as the reason.  It has been widely reported that Gallagher did not want to go and was upset, but what you gonna do when we were such a mess on and off the field.  We have been reset by Sandgaard and unless something calamitous occurs, the scenario won't repeat itself this festive season. 
    Great, let's all hope so, agree should be a better scenario with Thomas
  • George Boyd released by Peterborough due to the club having exceeded the salary cap.

Worth a look?
    No, far too slow now...

Worth a look?
    Cheeky attempt at Eisa instead? Don’t mind Boyd and was here as a kid if I recall
  • mart77 said:
    George Boyd released by Peterborough due to the club having exceeded the salary cap.

Worth a look?
    Cheeky attempt at Eisa instead? Don’t mind Boyd and was here as a kid if I recall
    Didn't we try to sign Boyd last year? 
  • We will not get to the PL in 10 years by continually selling our better players and replacing them with loanees and Palace cast offs

Our record of success with ex Palace players is dismal...

Butterfield, Borrowdale, Sorondo, McKenzie, Soares, Kaikai, Marcus Bent, Hudson, Jonny Williams, Dowie have all failed to live up to expectations.  Watson too early to tell. David Whyte and Chris Powell, Hreiderson and Rhoys Wiggins the only exceptions... Pardew best forgotten.
    You do realise that a third of the players mentioned didn’t make the dismal list!!
  • Richard J said:
    mart77 said:
    George Boyd released by Peterborough due to the club having exceeded the salary cap.

Worth a look?
    Didn't we try to sign Boyd last year? 
    I thought that was two years ago but could easily be wrong
  • So, anything more regarding Alfie, all gone a bit quiet after
    the earlier discussions, lets just hope no news is good news