Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• mart77 said:
    George Boyd released by Peterborough due to the club having exceeded the salary cap.

Worth a look?
    Cheeky attempt at Eisa instead? Don’t mind Boyd and was here as a kid if I recall
    I think there's a £20,000 limit on him.
  • Two good signings today.  Very pleased - the masterplan appears to be coming together.  We have already signed some very good players for this level....there is is a sea change underway following TS's takeover that is most welcome.....hopefully a sign of things to come.

A bit more poke up front and I'll be quietly confident for the season.
  • Sage said:
    Two good signings today, really happy with them and that the defence is now sorted, sets us up nicely for the last 3 days of the window.

I’d be disappointed if Doughty leaves, but would hope we would only let him leave if we could get something lined up to replace him. We have desperately lacked pace in our side and it’s something Bow and Gallen have identified, losing the quickest player at the club would hurt us.

Two players I would like us to sign, but both extremely unlikely for a number of reasons...

John Bostock, I do think he’d be an excellent signing at this level.

The other is Josh Sims. I’ve spoken about young Ellis Simms of Everton but they’ve indicated that he won’t be loaned out yet.

Josh Sims is mainly a winger but can play up front, but hasn’t featured for Southampton’s senior team this season. He’s been with the U23s. Was on loan at NYRB last season and Reading for 6 months the year before.

He would likely be the best player in the league, but also likely not to want to drop to League One. It would be one hell of a loan signing though. 
    Guessing Bostock can be signed anytime as out of contract? Priority now has to be another striker and potentially a winger or CM. Two more loan slots to use up. 
  • RedRobin said:
    Sage said:
    Two good signings today, really happy with them and that the defence is now sorted, sets us up nicely for the last 3 days of the window.

I’d be disappointed if Doughty leaves, but would hope we would only let him leave if we could get something lined up to replace him. We have desperately lacked pace in our side and it’s something Bow and Gallen have identified, losing the quickest player at the club would hurt us.

Two players I would like us to sign, but both extremely unlikely for a number of reasons...

The other is Josh Sims. I’ve spoken about young Ellis Simms of Everton but they’ve indicated that he won’t be loaned out yet.

Josh Sims is mainly a winger but can play up front, but hasn’t featured for Southampton’s senior team this season. He’s been with the U23s. Was on loan at NYRB last season and Reading for 6 months the year before.

He would likely be the best player in the league, but also likely not to want to drop to League One. It would be one hell of a loan signing though. 
    Guessing Bostock can be signed anytime as out of contract? Priority now has to be another striker and potentially a winger or CM. Two more loan slots to use up. 
    Agreed. And maybe the longer he goes without a club, as in passed the deadline, the better our chances might be if we are in for him.

There are certainly some very good players available, it’s just whether we could get them to sign and under the cap.
  • I don’t want to temp fate, but we may have the best squad in the league come Friday. 

Everything is shaping up very nicely. On paper, we’ve got a great defence and a great midfield. All we need now is a striker to consistently score. 
    For the first time in a while we are in position to not carry players. Hoping by January we will be in a position to off load a couple and bring in additional bodies to make us stronger.My only concern is that I’m struggling to see whether the goals are coming from in the midfield. Still got hope that Morgan will be the one to step up and show some consistency this season. 

• Bowyer said he wanted 5 on Friday. Three have since signed. Imagine another 2 on loan.

One of them must surely be another striker.
    Hopefully smith/smyth was just paper talk & with a lot of luck a striker who scores goals will fall into our lap. We need that + another experienced CB. A Gallagher type in midfield would also be nice but don't see that happening.
  • Henske said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    When you read about Inniss, he doesn't actually sound like a bad lad, pretty sure Palace would have got rid of him sooner if he were:

Inniss had a troubled childhood, as his mother's drug dependency and his father's imprisonment left him to raise his two younger siblings as a teenager. 

He has three police cautions: 
    one for a public order offence in 2011, 
    one for common assault in August 2015 and 
    one for being drunk and disorderly and resisting a police constable in March 2015.

On 9 September 2016, Inniss pleaded guilty to assault following an incident in a bar four months earlier; he was sentenced to 14 weeks in prison. He was released three days later after successfully appealing his sentence, which was suspended for 18 months; he was also handed 240 hours unpaid work, a £300 fine, and ordered to take part in a 20-day alcohol rehabilitation course.

Seems to be struggling as a result of his terrible upbringing and childhood being stolen by forced parental duties for his siblings... Given all his struggles he has managed to stay at Palace and earn loans at decent levels. 

If Bowyer and Gallen think he's good enough and can manage him, then in them we must trust. 

You seem to be suggesting that this excuses his behaviour at 25?

If you are, I don't buy it, his record suggests that he is a nasty piece of work and I would hate to meet him in a pub. 

Having said that, if he is a good footballer, I would happily have him as our nasty piece of work, we need more of them. 
    Suggesting that this offence history indicates that this young man is a ‘nasty piece of work’ is seriously out of order. I’ve worked in the criminal justice system for many years with young offenders and, in fact, his offence record as detailed by dazzler21 if correct, would be entry level offending. The Cautions are all very low level, the assault was appealed successfully indicating no serious harm was perpetrated. The prison sentence was probably the outcome because he resisted arrest. Care needs to be taken when labelling a person because of criminal records, especially offence records relating to teenagers. 
    Well I stick by my comments. It wasn't a one off and it is an indication. 

He wasn't a teenager for all offences. 
  • I don’t want to temp fate, but we may have the best squad in the league come Friday. 

Everything is shaping up very nicely. On paper, we’ve got a great defence and a great midfield. All we need now is a striker to consistently score. 
    This is completely OTT.

one would hope that we have a good squad, but who can honestly say they have seen much of the majority of our new signings?

Maddison and potentially Washington are known quantities at this level. Outside of that we can keep our fingers crossed but realistically who knows what we are gonna get?
    How is it completely OTT? Most of the squad are proven League One players, as well as some in the Championship. Im not saying we’ll win the league, I’m not even saying we’ll finish in the top 6. 

Take a look at other squads in League One and compare them with ours, it makes for good reading. 

All I’m saying is that if we have a good end to the window e.g keep our best players and sign a good striker, we’ll have the tools we need to be successful.

For the first time in a while we are in position to not carry players. Hoping by January we will be in a position to off load a couple and bring in additional bodies to make us stronger.My only concern is that I’m struggling to see whether the goals are coming from in the midfield. Still got hope that Morgan will be the one to step up and show some consistency this season. 

Agreed. We’re now at a point where Morgan may struggle to make the bench if he doesn’t step up. 

Although I do think Bowyer is a bit harsh on him.
  • Sage said:
    RedRobin said:
    Sage said:

Agreed. And maybe the longer he goes without a club, as in passed the deadline, the better our chances might be if we are in for him.

There are certainly some very good players available, it’s just whether we could get them to sign and under the cap.
    Think we would work geographically for Bostock. Think he would be a good fit for us. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    When you read about Inniss, he doesn't actually sound like a bad lad, pretty sure Palace would have got rid of him sooner if he were:

Inniss had a troubled childhood, as his mother's drug dependency and his father's imprisonment left him to raise his two younger siblings as a teenager. 

He has three police cautions: 
    one for a public order offence in 2011, 
    one for common assault in August 2015 and 
    one for being drunk and disorderly and resisting a police constable in March 2015.

On 9 September 2016, Inniss pleaded guilty to assault following an incident in a bar four months earlier; he was sentenced to 14 weeks in prison. He was released three days later after successfully appealing his sentence, which was suspended for 18 months; he was also handed 240 hours unpaid work, a £300 fine, and ordered to take part in a 20-day alcohol rehabilitation course.

Seems to be struggling as a result of his terrible upbringing and childhood being stolen by forced parental duties for his siblings... Given all his struggles he has managed to stay at Palace and earn loans at decent levels. 

If Bowyer and Gallen think he's good enough and can manage him, then in them we must trust. 

You seem to be suggesting that this excuses his behaviour at 25?

If you are, I don't buy it, his record suggests that he is a nasty piece of work and I would hate to meet him in a pub. 

Having said that, if he is a good footballer, I would happily have him as our nasty piece of work, we need more of them. 
    You don't think your future behaviour results from past life events and trauma?

Okay then.
    If he is punching my lights out I don't give a shit about his background, I am more concerned about the trauma he is causing me at that time. 

He has a choice, just like everyone else. 
  • Our team is starting to come together really nicely imo.

Amos
    Gunter Inniss Famewo Maasten
         Watson Levitt Gilbey
      Maddison Bogle Doughty

Subs: AMB, Purrington, Pearce, Pratley, Williams, Aneke, Washington.
    Replace Doughty with Washington (which may be forced upon us, but some would say is preferable), then that starting 10 outfielders contains a total of zero players who started for us last year. (Even Amos could be considered “new” in a way)
    If those 10 signings are really all walking straight into the first team, then I’d say that suggests a successful window.
  • Chunes said:
    Stripey Nigels seem to really rate Inniss. Some calling out Hodgson for never giving him game time.  
    Birmingham fans were saying the same sort of things about David Davis last January.
  • Bowyer said he wanted 5 on Friday. Three have since signed. Imagine another 2 on loan.

One of them must surely be another striker.
    Hopefully smith/smyth was just paper talk & with a lot of luck a striker who scores goals will fall into our lap. We need that + another experienced CB. A Gallagher type in midfield would also be nice but don't see that happening.
    Smyth is a winger, signing him wouldn’t mean we’re not looking to bring a striker in. Bowyer even confirmed in January 2019 Smyth was a player on our list, so he clearly rates him.
  • Two more to come this week ideally. Bowyer has been talking all summer about replacing the 12 players lost. We’re now up to 10 brought in.

Bowyer said he's lost 12 before Bonne was sold. Count him in then we've lost 13?

• Sponsored links:

• edited October 2020
    Southbank said:
    Without a goal scoring forward we will not get promoted. If  Sandgaard is serious about promotion this season he needs to take his chequebook out and make an offer to somebody they cannot refuse (He can take Inniss with him to help with the negotiation)
    Is he using the cheque book to pay the wages and transfer fee of this magical goalscoring forward or is it to pay the massive fine from the EFL? Not to mention the probable points deduction.
  • edited October 2020
    We need a young Duncan Ferguson up front to go with Bogle. Running down the middle of Charlton would be like the tunnel of death with Pratley, Watson, Inness and Pearce.
  • If they are out of contract they do not have to be signed by Friday
  • ross1 said:
    If they are out of contract they do not have to be signed by Friday
    Yeah, but if we've hit the wage cap there'll be no room for them.

• edited October 2020
    Huge pinch of salt as it's Nixon but he's saying West Brom have agreed a deal worth more than £14m for Grant.

Not that we can use it now, it'll help us next summer if we're back in the Championship.