Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• RedRobin said:
    Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:
    Redhenry said:
    Doughty off though
    I’m not overly fussed if I’m honest, I’d prefer to keep him though but if he’s refusing to sign a new deal then so be it....
    I am, we’d need to replace him with a winger with the potential to score 10+ this season, which Doughty has.
    As I said I’d prefer to keep him but if we’re being offered decent money then take it if he won’t sign a new deal. Agreed, we’d need to sign another winger on top of the winger we already need. 
    How many wingers did we use when we won the play offs?  
  • Luton?! I get they're a league above us but fuck me, surely his big move isn't going to be there?!
  • Oggy Red said:
    AndyG said:
    I dont understand why Doughty would want to leave us at the moment. Things look good in terms of direction for the club, without doubt we are signing players that will improve us and hopefully get us out of the league this year ( in very difficult circumstances re wage caps etc ) if we manage promotion as I personally think we will then there is ambition and funds to build a championship team with a plan to win promotion out of that. Not many clubs around at the moment that can say they have that firm footing, a few weeks ago I wouldnt have thought that we would have but it is was it is. Why would he want to leave at the moment ?
    £££££££££££

And a desperation to play in someone's Development team for a year?

If it was me, I'd knuckle down and see how things go with the 1st team here. It could be exciting times.
    And the Championship and pay rise next year. Or the world is my oyster as a free agent if I do well.

That is exactly what I would do as well and if |I were his agent that is also what I would be telling him
  • RedRobin said:
    Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:
    Redhenry said:
    Doughty off though
    I’m not overly fussed if I’m honest, I’d prefer to keep him though but if he’s refusing to sign a new deal then so be it....
    I am, we’d need to replace him with a winger with the potential to score 10+ this season, which Doughty has.
    As I said I’d prefer to keep him but if we’re being offered decent money then take it if he won’t sign a new deal. Agreed, we’d need to sign another winger on top of the winger we already need. 
  • edited October 2020
    I get the don't judge a book by its cover spiel re: Innis, but I'd lose my job and never work in the industry again if I had a criminal record. Bit hard to warm to this fella - we really are shopping in the bargain basement now.

As for Doughty...it's a shame if he now thinks he's a big time Charlie. Only played cos of injuries, bags of pace and potential but zero end product. I personally don't think he's particularly good yet but can see that with a bit of fine tuning he could be. Disappointing he now considers himself a champ player off the back of a couple of good moments
  • I think he'd be a very silly boy to leave us. He's done well but hasn't exactly been amazing. Still got a lot to learn and I think he's much better off doing it with us.
  • sam3110 said:
    Anyone expecting more than we got for Bonne for Doughty? Won't happen IMO, less than 12 months on his current deal, potential is there but he hasn't set the world alight has he
    Potential.

They look for potential and price accordingly. A bit like an Estate Agent.  :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:
    It looks like Luton have made an improved bid for Doughty.
    If only Luton was an improvement in the first place ;)
  • Luton?! I get they're a league above us but fuck me, surely his big move isn't going to be there?!
    Looks like Luton can't afford him according to Cawley, so at least we can breathe a sigh of relief that we are not losing out the Luton.... Again. 
  • dickplumb said:
    Better be more than the £800k that Celtic offered 2 weeks ago.
  • Need these two to go through to distract from Doughty. 

As I have mentioned Doughty we could be loaning him up the leagues in order to get more money available in the salary cap. 
  • dickplumb said:
    I hope it's less than £800k just for the bants
  • Well this has all got a bit more interesting than yesterday’s visits. Have not heard of any of the players we are in for before, but means nothing if Lee and Steve think they can do a good job for us. Injury prone player signings are a huge gamble though.

re Doughty, I like to watch him, as I did Rommedahl, but in reality and a bit like the Danish speedster, you only getting flashes of brilliance or a really valuable contribution occasionally. He will get better throughout his career, but he is a lot more raw than say Bowyer or Parker were when they left us too early. Him leaving will not be the make or break of our season, as was the case with Bonne. 

Is Randell Williams a genuine .possibility, mentioned above?
  • dickplumb said:
    He’s not going Luton
  • Sponsored links:

• 3 days to go, 3 or 4 players needed & not even that many rumours about. It's all very quiet

Someone make some up please
    Well this has aged well in 2 hours 
  • I get the don't judge a book by its cover spiel re: Innis, but I'd lose my job and never work in the industry again if I had a criminal record. Bit hard to warm to this fella - we really are shopping in the bargain basement now.

As for Doughty...it's a shame if he now thinks he's a big time Charlie. Only played cos of injuries, bags of pace and potential but zero end product. I personally don't think he's particularly good yet but can see that with a bit of fine tuning he could be. Disappointing he now considers himself a champ player off the back of a couple of good moments
    Troy Deeney is an example of a player who made good. 
  • AndyG said:
    I dont understand why Doughty would want to leave us at the moment. Things look good in terms of direction for the club, without doubt we are signing players that will improve us and hopefully get us out of the league this year ( in very difficult circumstances re wage caps etc ) if we manage promotion as I personally think we will then there is ambition and funds to build a championship team with a plan to win promotion out of that. Not many clubs around at the moment that can say they have that firm footing, a few weeks ago I wouldnt have thought that we would have but it is was it is. Why would he want to leave at the moment ?

Money and status. Both are very attractive to a young player even if they say it's not financially driven thats always going to be a factor and fair enough.

Do you think if say, current Premier league side Fulham offered a league one young star 12k a week and the selling club tell the player they'd match it that he would stay? Doubt it, he get's a wedge and says he plays for a Premier League team and probably a loan out after a couple of weeks/months. "That Prem team Looks well goodz to my boys though."

They can say it's all about the challenge of proving yourself at a higher level, but when your coaches, fans and most probably even yourself know you haven't proved it at the current level and game time is unlikely to come. Nah. 

Some may actually care about a lengthy career but mostly after they've moved on and halted for a bit.  
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:
    Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:
    Redhenry said:
    Doughty off though
    None because we had mobile strikers who could drift wide and cause full backs problems, so a different formation suited us.

Bowyer’s moved to a 4-3-3 formation and building the squad with that in mind. You’d think he wouldn’t have to completely change his plans just by one player leaving.
  • dickplumb said:
    Did you give it the rubber stamp... I assumed you were guessing... 

Also you still have 3 points for Gunter.