Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Who’s replacing our main direct attacking threat then? Doubt we’ll get anyone else in not counting towards the cap at this stage. Can’t say I get this one. 
    Maddison?
    Has a great delivery don’t get me wrong, but I don’t think he’s the type to run up and down the pitch, at defenders etc. Doughty’s pace is absolutely lethal at this level, very hard if not impossible to replace. 
    Maddison has proven to be quite effective in the last 4-5 years at this level. I think he would always have had more affect this season than Doughty. 

You still need to spot a pass, make a pass and finish at this level. It would have been great experience for him to learn football from Maddison, especially with his pace as an additional tool in the box that Maddison has never had. 
    Can’t disagree with any of that, but I do still think Doughty gives us something that I doubt any other team in this league really has. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    cazo said:
    If he wants out sell him and move on pound notes talk end of the day
    Erm... What?
    ‘If he wants out, sell him and move on. Pound notes talk at the end of the day.’
  • SamE7 said:
    Chunes said:
    Doughty will regret it. 
    I Doughty will (sorry)
    I do like a peurile pun. 
  • Macronate said:
    Quite excited about signing a defender who is going to scythe down the opposition.
    You mean, takes the pressure off of Darren 'yellow card' Pratley?

• Dazzler21 said:
    MattF said:
    Re. Doughty can't remember if this was posted at the time 

FFS Why can youth players not show a bit of class anymore? 

💰💰💰
  • edited October 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    cazo said:
    Erm... What?
    ‘If he wants out, sell him and move on. Pound notes talk at the end of the day.’
    Apologies Cazo and Cheers VG,

I was having a blonde moment, I read that sentence four to five times and could not make sense of it.

Now it's clear that it wasn't particularly unclear the first time round. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    MattF said:
    Re. Doughty can't remember if this was posted at the time 

FFS Why can youth players not show a bit of class anymore? 
    Not helped by agents I expect, their earning potential is very low if their players are in League 1 or 2.  I wouldn't be surprised if many are trying to agitate moves for their players into the reserve teams 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Doughty off though
    Very disappointed with that if true. Fulham my guess.
    Do Fulham need Doughty?

They just signed Lookman on loan who immediately looked up for it, hopefully he stays that way. I think another LM signing would see him regress confidence wise as it has done in the past. 
    Would be one for the future. he's definitely not good enough yet for the Premier league and would probably sit on the bench or play in the U23s before being loaned out in January.
  • Sponsored links:

• Laddick01 said:
    At least he’s not off to Celtic. 
    Still a pain in the arse though, doesn't matter where he
    is going too surely :s
  • I dont understand why Doughty would want to leave us at the moment. Things look good in terms of direction for the club, without doubt we are signing players that will improve us and hopefully get us out of the league this year ( in very difficult circumstances re wage caps etc ) if we manage promotion as I personally think we will then there is ambition and funds to build a championship team with a plan to win promotion out of that. Not many clubs around at the moment that can say they have that firm footing, a few weeks ago I wouldnt have thought that we would have but it is was it is. Why would he want to leave at the moment ?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Who’s replacing our main direct attacking threat then? Doubt we’ll get anyone else in not counting towards the cap at this stage. Can’t say I get this one. 
    Maddison?
    Has a great delivery don’t get me wrong, but I don’t think he’s the type to run up and down the pitch, at defenders etc. Doughty’s pace is absolutely lethal at this level, very hard if not impossible to replace. 
    Maddison has proven to be quite effective in the last 4-5 years at this level. I think he would always have had more affect this season than Doughty. 

You still need to spot a pass, make a pass and finish at this level. It would have been great experience for him to learn football from Maddison, especially with his pace as an additional tool in the box that Maddison has never had. 
    Can’t disagree with any of that, but I do still think Doughty gives us something that I doubt any other team in this league really has. 
    He could give us many things but not even the slightest loyalty.
  • Doughty not ready for a move yet - imo he still has a number of significant flaws in his game that need to be worked on. Yes he has eye catching pace, and that always gives a player a shot at going a long way in the game but he’s not exactly a bag of tricks and his end product is very patchy. Maybe not fair to judge anyone playing in our patched-up team so far this season, but he hasn’t exactly been tearing League One defences a new one so far.  

Personally I don’t think he has played enough or done enough in a Charlton shirt to not show a bit more loyalty either, but it seems players don’t often think that way anymore. If he wants out though, better off away than here but not  committed. 
  • AndyG said:
    I dont understand why Doughty would want to leave us at the moment. Things look good in terms of direction for the club, without doubt we are signing players that will improve us and hopefully get us out of the league this year ( in very difficult circumstances re wage caps etc ) if we manage promotion as I personally think we will then there is ambition and funds to build a championship team with a plan to win promotion out of that. Not many clubs around at the moment that can say they have that firm footing, a few weeks ago I wouldnt have thought that we would have but it is was it is. Why would he want to leave at the moment ?
    Money.
  • Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    cazo said:
    Erm... What?
    It means omerta. It means rewenge.
    Great reference 
  • dickplumb said:
    It looks like Luton have made an improved bid for Doughty.
    Eurgh. Luton. 
  • These days the fact is that any club other than maybe five or six across the whole of Europe needs to be ready to sell its players and re-invest the money. Every player is for sale, the only difference is that now we have a stable ownership, we can expect a price that the football side considers to be fair. That is, in itself, a massive step forwards. Plus we are starting to get our young players onto long-term contracts to give us the chance to get ahead in the situation.
    So if Doughty wants to go and the money is right for Bowyer, then good luck to the lad, I hope he does well and I will look forward to whoever they bring in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rossman92 said:
    Think Alfie has got a bit big for his britches, as always, hurts to lose players, but if he doesn't wanna play for the shirt, off you go son

Would only be fuming if he was off to Celtic which he doesn't seem to be, so ill get over this one if he does go
    Wouldn't be able to register til January so would be some justice in it. £2.5m at least for the boy please. 
  • Doughty is no where near ready for a move.think he’ll be washed up and in non league in 2-3 years.brilliant potential but first touch crossing and decision making  no where near good enough.big mistake by doughty and his agent to move on now. 
  • AndyG said:
    I dont understand why Doughty would want to leave us at the moment. Things look good in terms of direction for the club, without doubt we are signing players that will improve us and hopefully get us out of the league this year ( in very difficult circumstances re wage caps etc ) if we manage promotion as I personally think we will then there is ambition and funds to build a championship team with a plan to win promotion out of that. Not many clubs around at the moment that can say they have that firm footing, a few weeks ago I wouldnt have thought that we would have but it is was it is. Why would he want to leave at the moment ?
    £££££££££££

And a desperation to play in someone's Development team for a year?

If it was me, I'd knuckle down and see how things go with the 1st team here. It could be exciting times.
    And the Championship and pay rise next year. Or the world is my oyster as a free agent if I do well.

• dickplumb said:
    It looks like Luton have made an improved bid for Doughty.
    Might well be the best move for him if he were to go to the Championship!!
  • Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    Doughty off though
    tbf was told looks like he's off
    Ahh, sidestepping a bit there, so he "looks like" he is off  ;)
  • Oggy Red said:
    AndyG said:
    £££££££££££

And a desperation to play in someone's Development team for a year?

If it was me, I'd knuckle down and see how things go with the 1st team here. It could be exciting times.
    And the Championship and pay rise next year. Or the world is my oyster as a free agent if I do well.

Fully agree 
  • Anyone expecting more than we got for Bonne for Doughty? Won't happen IMO, less than 12 months on his current deal, potential is there but he hasn't set the world alight has he