Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• ross1 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Doughty off though
    I thought TS said he is going nowhere, but staying here
    But Bowyer has always said if the price is right or silly money, they would consider it.

Then it's about who can they bring in as replacement.
  • If he wants out sell him and move on pound notes talk end of the day
  • SamB09 said:
    Doughty was on loan at Bromley this time last year and now he thinks hes championship quality .... unbeleivable
    This. Absolute joke I.M.O.
  • Smyth, Aneke, Washington, Bogle doesn't fill me with confidence, think if Doughty leaves we need another attacker in besides Smyth, if that deal goes ahead. We'll be relying a lot on Williams, Oztumer and Maddison to score and assist and it remains to be seen if all 3 are up to it
  • Maatsen sounds like a Doughty replacement and the end of the Koi interest.
    Fish puns so yesterday.
  • Chunes said:
    To be honest I'd be disappointed with Sandgaard if we end up selling Bonne, Doughty and Phillips for cash that we can't spend. We'd end the financial year having made profit but most probably treading water in League 1. Now if Doughty and Phillips go, but we make an exciting signing to replace Doughty then I'd say fair enough.
    But journeymen, misfits and loans aren't enough. You can say my expectations are too high, but then don't sell Doughty.
    If Phillips and Doughty won't sign new contracts, what is he supposed to do?
    Oggy Red said:
    To be honest I'd be disappointed with Sandgaard if we end up selling Bonne, Doughty and Phillips for cash that we can't spend. We'd end the financial year having made profit but most probably treading water in League 1. Now if Doughty and Phillips go, but we make an exciting signing to replace Doughty then I'd say fair enough.
    But journeymen, misfits and loans aren't enough. You can say my expectations are too high, but then don't sell Doughty.
    Yeah, but it's a football club, not a prison.

If young players don't want to be here because "their head was turned" or they think they are already better than they actually are, it's often best to let them go and collect the money.

And you certainly don't want dissatisfaction and unrest in the dressing room or training ground.
    That can kill team spirit stone dead.

And there'll soon be someone to take their place and who does want to be here.

There must be many players that wanted moves that didn't happen, and they have to just get down and graft instead. Let's face it, Doughty hasn't proven himself enough to just walk into a good contract next summer. You'd think he still has a lot to play for in the next year, if he's professionally minded enough.
  • cafc_se7 said:
    Chunes said:
    If Phillips and Doughty won't sign new contracts, what is he supposed to do?
    Plus we don’t know whether Bowyer is actually driving the acceptance in them leaving? We need to stop getting so involved with internal decisions and let these guys get on with what they have been longing to do for a long time! 
    Spot on mate...
  • Henske said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    When you read about Inniss, he doesn't actually sound like a bad lad, pretty sure Palace would have got rid of him sooner if he were:

Inniss had a troubled childhood, as his mother's drug dependency and his father's imprisonment left him to raise his two younger siblings as a teenager. 

He has three police cautions: 
    one for a public order offence in 2011, 
    one for common assault in August 2015 and 
    one for being drunk and disorderly and resisting a police constable in March 2015.

On 9 September 2016, Inniss pleaded guilty to assault following an incident in a bar four months earlier; he was sentenced to 14 weeks in prison. He was released three days later after successfully appealing his sentence, which was suspended for 18 months; he was also handed 240 hours unpaid work, a £300 fine, and ordered to take part in a 20-day alcohol rehabilitation course.

Seems to be struggling as a result of his terrible upbringing and childhood being stolen by forced parental duties for his siblings... Given all his struggles he has managed to stay at Palace and earn loans at decent levels. 

If Bowyer and Gallen think he's good enough and can manage him, then in them we must trust. 

You seem to be suggesting that this excuses his behaviour at 25?

If you are, I don't buy it, his record suggests that he is a nasty piece of work and I would hate to meet him in a pub. 

Having said that, if he is a good footballer, I would happily have him as our nasty piece of work, we need more of them. 
    Suggesting that this offence history indicates that this young man is a ‘nasty piece of work’ is seriously out of order. I’ve worked in the criminal justice system for many years with young offenders and, in fact, his offence record as detailed by dazzler21 if correct, would be entry level offending. The Cautions are all very low level, the assault was appealed successfully indicating no serious harm was perpetrated. The prison sentence was probably the outcome because he resisted arrest. Care needs to be taken when labelling a person because of criminal records, especially offence records relating to teenagers. 

Well said.
  • MattF said:
    Re. Doughty can't remember if this was posted at the time 

FFS Why can youth players not show a bit of class anymore? 
  • Who’s replacing our main direct attacking threat then? Doubt we’ll get anyone else in not counting towards the cap at this stage. Can’t say I get this one. 
    Maddison?
  • Sponsored links:

• @Redhenry     Anyone else apart from Doughty expected to leave?

If so, we could some more coming in to the squad

• Doughty out, Randell Williams in 
    Fact or guess  ?  Just seen the local paper down in Exeter have said that Peterborough had a deal agreed but he turned them down. 
    Well in spite of recent events, I'm sure it can't be argued against that we are a bigger club than P'boro. Maybe we're the kind of club he wants to sign for?
  • RedRobin said:
    Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:
    Redhenry said:
    Doughty off though
    I’m not overly fussed if I’m honest, I’d prefer to keep him though but if he’s refusing to sign a new deal then so be it....
    I am, we’d need to replace him with a winger with the potential to score 10+ this season, which Doughty has.
    As I said I’d prefer to keep him but if we’re being offered decent money then take it if he won’t sign a new deal. Agreed, we’d need to sign another winger on top of the winger we already need. 
    Money is pointless to us at this stage. A PL club could pay us £200m for him and it wouldn't make a single bit of difference to our promotion hopes. Keeping him would though and there's no way we'll find someone as good given the salary cap conditions.
    Kind of... If the PL club paid us £200m in loan fees that could actually offset the salary cap...

Though I am sure they've worked some way out to block that... Surely? I can't see anything in the EFL salary cap rules that does rule it out. 
    Fact or guess  ?  Just seen the local paper down in Exeter have said that Peterborough had a deal agreed but he turned them down. 
    Well in spite of recent events, I'm sure it can't be argued against that we are a bigger club than P'boro. Maybe we're the kind of club he wants to sign for?
    Stoke are after him.
  • Fee for Doughty?.
  • Redhenry said:
    Doughty off though
    Very disappointed with that if true. Fulham my guess.
    Do Fulham need Doughty?

They just signed Lookman on loan who immediately looked up for it, hopefully he stays that way. I think another LM signing would see him regress confidence wise as it has done in the past. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Who’s replacing our main direct attacking threat then? Doubt we’ll get anyone else in not counting towards the cap at this stage. Can’t say I get this one. 
    Maddison?
    Has a great delivery don’t get me wrong, but I don’t think he’s the type to run up and down the pitch, at defenders etc. Doughty’s pace is absolutely lethal at this level, very hard if not impossible to replace. 
    Because, we've offered Exeter a decent transfer fee and the player's wife has just got a new job at Zynex?  :smile:

• cazo said:
    If he wants out sell him and move on pound notes talk end of the day
    Erm... What?
  • Where has the Marquis link come from?
  • If you work on the presumption that there is no loyalty in football you can never be too disapointed and sometimes pleasantly surprised. 
  • edited October 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    Who’s replacing our main direct attacking threat then? Doubt we’ll get anyone else in not counting towards the cap at this stage. Can’t say I get this one. 
    Maddison?
    Has a great delivery don’t get me wrong, but I don’t think he’s the type to run up and down the pitch, at defenders etc. Doughty’s pace is absolutely lethal at this level, very hard if not impossible to replace. 
    Maddison has proven to be quite effective in the last 4-5 years at this level. He does run at defenders, but he also regularly gets an assist or scores from doing so.

I think Maddison would always have had more affect this season than Doughty. 

You still need to spot a pass, make a pass and finish at this level. It would be great experience for him to learn football from Maddison, especially with his pace as an additional tool in the box that Maddison has never had. 
  • Quite excited about signing a defender who is going to scythe down the opposition.
    What Marquis link? 
    As much as I believe there's nothing to the rumours and I dislike the bloke, I wouldn't say no to him joining us.