Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• I had a feeling that bringing in Maddison might mean the end of Doughty. 
  • Hopefully both Inniss and Maatsen have had proper pre-seasons so won't be playing catch-up like the out of contract players
  • Hopefully both Inniss and Maatsen have had proper pre-seasons so won't be playing catch-up like the out of contract players
    Would imagine they will have being with clubs rather than unattached. 
  • Just hoping we have a proven league 1 centre forward lined up - i would definitely take marquis and i reckon he would definitely come to us - a few bits of banter on the pitch at the end of the play off game won't even enter his thinking i wouldn't have thought - there's bugger all loyalty with players and if he thinks its the right thing for himself, his career and his pocket , he'll come and if he scores goals we won't give a monkey's if he was a millwall fan as a kid. Didn't Carragher and Gerrard support Everton as kids?       
  • We want players at the club that want to be there - if players heads are being turned then let them go. This season is going to be difficult enough as it is, we need everyone pulling in the right direction. 

• I see a lot of 0-0 draws coming.
  • Sponsored links:

• Problem with players who rely entirely on pace is that the opposition just double up on them and block off the space to run into - Doughty has looked anonymous in games where he's been closely marked.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Doughty will be interesting. Has all the components to play at that level, but might actually do worse with expectation on his shoulders.

I think part of the reason he did so well here was because he had that freedom to run at players and effectively do whatever he wanted.

In a more rigid system and with fans demanding more of him he might not find the championship as forgiving as he did with us.

If he gets it right and can produce though, whoever buys him has had a steal.
    Luckily he'll have a period where he can play for his new team without fans there

Otherwise his lack of decision making in front of packed fans at that level would quickly see them on his back I reckon
  • Doughty out, Randell Williams in 
    Do you know something about that one?
    I know we’ve certainly looked at it before, no idea if we’re going for a deal now though. 
  • dickplumb said:
    Listening to the Steve Gallen interview, what he says doesn't fill me with confidence. He says they hope to bring in a couple of new signings. Lee Bowyer has stated he wants three loans and one permanent.

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest, I think we're struggling to bring people in. It's all very well repeating "In LB we trust" but if the players aren't there that we can afford under the wage cap then we're fucked. Something else to thank the criminals for. We need to hope for some decent loans & possibly there'll be some out of contract players available after the window shuts who are holding out for more than we can pay them at the moment but will lower their demands when they find themselves without a club.
    Where is the Gallen interview Dick ?
    On  Valley Pass.
  • Henske said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    When you read about Inniss, he doesn't actually sound like a bad lad, pretty sure Palace would have got rid of him sooner if he were:

Inniss had a troubled childhood, as his mother's drug dependency and his father's imprisonment left him to raise his two younger siblings as a teenager. 

He has three police cautions: 
    one for a public order offence in 2011, 
    one for common assault in August 2015 and 
    one for being drunk and disorderly and resisting a police constable in March 2015.

On 9 September 2016, Inniss pleaded guilty to assault following an incident in a bar four months earlier; he was sentenced to 14 weeks in prison. He was released three days later after successfully appealing his sentence, which was suspended for 18 months; he was also handed 240 hours unpaid work, a £300 fine, and ordered to take part in a 20-day alcohol rehabilitation course.

Seems to be struggling as a result of his terrible upbringing and childhood being stolen by forced parental duties for his siblings... Given all his struggles he has managed to stay at Palace and earn loans at decent levels. 

If Bowyer and Gallen think he's good enough and can manage him, then in them we must trust. 

You seem to be suggesting that this excuses his behaviour at 25?

If you are, I don't buy it, his record suggests that he is a nasty piece of work and I would hate to meet him in a pub. 

Having said that, if he is a good footballer, I would happily have him as our nasty piece of work, we need more of them. 
    Suggesting that this offence history indicates that this young man is a ‘nasty piece of work’ is seriously out of order. I’ve worked in the criminal justice system for many years with young offenders and, in fact, his offence record as detailed by dazzler21 if correct, would be entry level offending. The Cautions are all very low level, the assault was appealed successfully indicating no serious harm was perpetrated. The prison sentence was probably the outcome because he resisted arrest. Care needs to be taken when labelling a person because of criminal records, especially offence records relating to teenagers. 
    Oh good, entry level offending, that’s ok then. To me, as someone who has never been in trouble with the law, he looks a wrongun. Just my opinion.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    When you read about Inniss, he doesn't actually sound like a bad lad, pretty sure Palace would have got rid of him sooner if he were:

Inniss had a troubled childhood, as his mother's drug dependency and his father's imprisonment left him to raise his two younger siblings as a teenager. 

He has three police cautions: 
    one for a public order offence in 2011, 
    one for common assault in August 2015 and 
    one for being drunk and disorderly and resisting a police constable in March 2015.

On 9 September 2016, Inniss pleaded guilty to assault following an incident in a bar four months earlier; he was sentenced to 14 weeks in prison. He was released three days later after successfully appealing his sentence, which was suspended for 18 months; he was also handed 240 hours unpaid work, a £300 fine, and ordered to take part in a 20-day alcohol rehabilitation course.

Seems to be struggling as a result of his terrible upbringing and childhood being stolen by forced parental duties for his siblings... Given all his struggles he has managed to stay at Palace and earn loans at decent levels. 

If Bowyer and Gallen think he's good enough and can manage him, then in them we must trust. 

You seem to be suggesting that this excuses his behaviour at 25?

If you are, I don't buy it, his record suggests that he is a nasty piece of work and I would hate to meet him in a pub. 

Having said that, if he is a good footballer, I would happily have him as our nasty piece of work, we need more of them. 
    You don't think your future behaviour results from past life events and trauma?

Okay then.
  • edited October 2020
    To be honest I'd be disappointed with Sandgaard if we end up selling Bonne, Doughty and Phillips for cash that we can't spend. We'd end the financial year having made profit but most probably treading water in League 1. Now if Doughty and Phillips go, but we make an exciting signing to replace Doughty then I'd say fair enough.
    But journeymen, misfits and loans aren't enough. You can say my expectations are too high, but then don't sell Doughty.
    If Phillips and Doughty won't sign new contracts, what is he supposed to do?
  • Redhenry said:
    Doughty off though
    Very disappointed with that if true. Fulham my guess.
  • Sponsored links:

• Someone at Palace must have rated him to keep him around. 
    This is my key thought on this. 

Whatever happened to people trusting Bowyer & Gallen?
  • the Chelsea fella looks to have a decent pedigree...excited by that one
    the Palace fella looks an absolute nutter.....more excited by that one if I'm honest - haha

If Alfie wants out then let him go, decent fee but more importantly get the sell on clause nailed.....
  • Chunes said:
    To be honest I'd be disappointed with Sandgaard if we end up selling Bonne, Doughty and Phillips for cash that we can't spend. We'd end the financial year having made profit but most probably treading water in League 1. Now if Doughty and Phillips go, but we make an exciting signing to replace Doughty then I'd say fair enough.
    But journeymen, misfits and loans aren't enough. You can say my expectations are too high, but then don't sell Doughty.
    If Phillips and Doughty won't sign new contracts, what is he supposed to do?
    Plus we don’t know whether Bowyer is actually driving the acceptance in them leaving? We need to stop getting so involved with internal decisions and let these guys get on with what they have been longing to do for a long time! 
  • To be honest I'd be disappointed with Sandgaard if we end up selling Bonne, Doughty and Phillips for cash that we can't spend. We'd end the financial year having made profit but most probably treading water in League 1. Now if Doughty and Phillips go, but we make an exciting signing to replace Doughty then I'd say fair enough.
    Yeah, but it's a football club, not a prison.

If young players don't want to be here because "their head was turned" or they think they are already better than they actually are, it's often best to let them go and collect the money.

And you certainly don't want dissatisfaction and unrest in the dressing room or training ground.
    That can kill team spirit stone dead.

And there'll soon be someone to take their place and who does want to be here.

• Redhenry said:
    Doughty off though
    I thought TS said he is going nowhere, but staying here
  • So that's the defensive recruitment done until January.

Doughty out, Paul Smyth in?

+1 Forward/Striker.
  • Scoham said:
    RedJohn said:
    Received a text from Chelsea mate, who reckons we are getting Ian Maatsen in (left back 18 years old and rated).
    @Dazzler21 looks like someone’s getting some ITK points
    Cheers will list him. 
  • Doughty out, Randell Williams in 
    Fact or guess  ?  Just seen the local paper down in Exeter have said that Peterborough had a deal agreed but he turned them down.