Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• I always get the shivers when we're linked with a Palace player these days
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Bubble said:

Only 6 foot 5" not sure he passes height test for a left back!
    Have to wonder why it is, that the longer his career has gone on the further down the football league he has found himself on loan.

Newport had one of the better defensive records in league 2 last year though. 
  • I probably hate Bowyer's past being constantly mentioned just as much as anyone on here

But this could work in our favour, not going to hold Inniss' past against him (As Dazzler says, he had a rough time growing up by the sound of things)

Bowyer will be able to relate to that behaviour to an extent and reckon he could be the perfect Manager to help just concentrate on his Football
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-37342625

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50269436

At least he'll put some bite into the defence.

And he lives in Beckenham
    Spent time in Belmarsh, so at least he knows the area well  :D
  • Bubble said:

God thats what you call a journeyman player who has spent his entire career @ Palace and has just kept going on loan!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Inniss
    Good grief this seems like a desperate move.
  • Sponsored links:

• CH4RLTON said:
    Bubble said:

Only 6 foot 5" not sure he passes height test for a left back!
    Have to wonder why it is, that the longer his career has gone on the further down the football league he has found himself on loan.

Newport had one of the better defensive records in league 2 last year though. 
    Was wondering the same! Not encouraging at all. Can't believe we can't do better than this.
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-37342625

I remember many a fond Sunday in that place when it was the Lazy Toad.  Happy hour on a Sunday you could get get 2 bottles of wine for the price of one.  Going back a bit though...
  • Dazzler21 said:
    When you read about Inniss, he doesn't actually sound like a bad lad, pretty sure Palace would have got rid of him sooner if he were:

Inniss had a troubled childhood, as his mother's drug dependency and his father's imprisonment left him to raise his two younger siblings as a teenager. 

He has three police cautions: 
    one for a public order offence in 2011, 
    one for common assault in August 2015 and 
    one for being drunk and disorderly and resisting a police constable in March 2015.

On 9 September 2016, Inniss pleaded guilty to assault following an incident in a bar four months earlier; he was sentenced to 14 weeks in prison. He was released three days later after successfully appealing his sentence, which was suspended for 18 months; he was also handed 240 hours unpaid work, a £300 fine, and ordered to take part in a 20-day alcohol rehabilitation course.

Seems to be struggling as a result of his terrible upbringing and childhood being stolen by forced parental duties for his siblings... Given all his struggles he has managed to stay at Palace and earn loans at decent levels. 

If Bowyer and Gallen think he's good enough and can manage him, then in them we must trust. 

You seem to be suggesting that this excuses his behaviour at 25?

If you are, I don't buy it, his record suggests that he is a nasty piece of work and I would hate to meet him in a pub. 

Having said that, if he is a good footballer, I would happily have him as our nasty piece of work, we need more of them. 
  • With the salary cap we may be at the point where it’s a choice between players like Innis, who may have the potential to improve a lot further, younger and perhaps completely untested players on loan (not ideal to play CB) or older players on the way down (could be good like Pratley or past it like Doherty).

Innis might be seen as the best option. For a player of his age to still be at Palace they must see potential in him.

A few have said he’s free - isn’t he still under contract, so we may pay a small fee?
  • edited October 2020
    Bubble said:

Positives: passes the CL height test, had a good start at Newport County last season, isn't Deji Oshilaja, whole career to date as a centre half.
    Notsopositives: has something of an "edge", two red cards last season including a 5 match suspension for biting, eligibility for Trinidad & Tobago brings risk of Concacaf injuries

CAFC very much a beggar with limited choice at this moment in time and the defense is desperately short of numbers
    Who the heck is SportsPeteO anyhoo? 
    UPDATE
    whoevertheheck  he is he has similar sources to Cawley, which'll probably do for me.

Me Chelski supporting chum and devotee of age group football reckons the young Maatsen probably better than Josh DaSilva at the same age - which might lend weight to the feeling that a much more acceptable offer is being considered for Alfie Doughty
  • Bubble said:

That's an interesting one, I once played against him in a school game years ago when we both must have been about 15. I went up for a corner and he was marking me so to try and put me of he kept pinching my ass along with a few other dirty tactics lol. 
    Perhaps it was because you have a really cute arse  :D
  • Scoham said:
    With the salary cap we may be at the point where it’s a choice between players like Innis, who may have the potential to improve a lot further, younger and perhaps completely untested players on loan (not ideal to play CB) or older players on the way down (could be good like Pratley or past it like Doherty).

Innis might be seen as the best option. For a player of his age to still be at Palace they must see potential in him.

A few have said he’s free - isn’t he still under contract, so we may pay a small fee?
    Not if palace have had enough of him and just want to get rid
  • Sponsored links:

• Bubble said:

God thats what you call a journeyman player who has spent his entire career @ Palace and has just kept going on loan!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Inniss
    Sounds a lovely bloke but maybe he’s changed. Seems a desperate move though. 25 and still can’t hold down a spot anywhere.
  • edited October 2020
    Scoham said:
    With the salary cap we may be at the point where it’s a choice between players like Innis, who may have the potential to improve a lot further, younger and perhaps completely untested players on loan (not ideal to play CB) or older players on the way down (could be good like Pratley or past it like Doherty).

Could they have paid his contract up to make it affordable for us under the wage cap like they did for Williams.? That way it doesn't take up a loan spot. 
  • TelMc32 said:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-37342625

Spent time in Belmarsh, so at least he knows the area well  :D
    When I read that, I thought he must be Millwall. :smile:

• cafc-west said:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-37342625

I remember many a fond Sunday in that place when it was the Lazy Toad.  Happy hour on a Sunday you could get get 2 bottles of wine for the price of one.  Going back a bit though...
    Frankie Frazer+ clan, would often have Sunday lunch there, quiet as a mouse one has to say and surprisingly very pleasant company.

• Scoham said:

Not if palace have had enough of him and just want to get rid
    Well I assume that’s the case, you can’t keep loaning out players forever in case they come good. He’s 25, he needs to move on permanently and get regular football for the sake of his career.

That doesn’t mean he won’t be good enough for us and doesn’t still have Championship potential (and maybe more than that).
  • Richard J said:
    Scoham said:

Could they have paid his contract up to make it affordable for us under the wage cap like they did for Williams.? That way it doesn't take up a loan spot. 
    I was thinking the same - if Palace were happy to do that for Williams, maybe they'll do the same for this fella.

Makes sense, perhaps ...... and we get a player for a nominal cost under the wage cap.
  • Someone on the Facebook grouped replied to a post about Inniss saying “guessing this is the half 4 announcement”.