Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• edited October 2020
    Maatsen sounds like a Doughty replacement and the end of the Koi interest.
  • Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:
    Redhenry said:
    Doughty off though
    I’m not overly fussed if I’m honest, I’d prefer to keep him though but if he’s refusing to sign a new deal then so be it....
    I am, we’d need to replace him with a winger with the potential to score 10+ this season, which Doughty has.
    Me too. Doughty and Maddison in the same team would create so many chances. Not sure what the fee for Doughty is, but if it’s less than £1m, I’d just keep him and let him go next summer - much better chance of promotion with him in the team. 
    Exactly 
  • Swisdom said:
    Ryan Inniss isn't a gentle giant like Naby.

He has had a troubled life off the pitch and at 25 and being out on 10 loans from Palace needs an opportunity to show the talent that saw him rewarded with England schoolboy internationals at 15 and 16.

We have been too soft and too small for a while. Ryan would need believing in and supporting but he is at the last chance saloon after the biting incident.

Could be a cult hero if this free transfer happens.
    His past is in the past but it certainly looks as though he is at a crossroads.

He clearly has, or at least had, ability to have remained at Palace and to have had international recognition.  You would think he is at an age where Bowyer can instill a bit of reality into him and make it clear "this is it mate, last chance saloon".
    He could go and make a name for himself, become a role model for youngsters and look after his family in the best possible way 
    or he could be an unmanageable nightmare.  Interesting juxtaposition really

Let's be honest though...how many times have he been too soft?  a pushover to opponents.  It would be interesting to have a big nutter who takes no shit.  Couple that with Maddison, the king of WUM's, and maybe add Paul Smyth to the mix and we'd be the biggest shithouses in the league.
    OK so I have just watched 10 or 15 minutes of clips of Inniss.  Mostly him scything people in half.  A mixture of bad timing and just plain "I'm going to snap you in half mate" tackling

:o 

Not the quickest.  Looks bigger than 6'5".  Wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley.

I really hope I am wrong but this one seems peculiar from what I have seen

• At least he’s not off to Celtic. 
  • Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:
    Redhenry said:
    Doughty off though
    I’m not overly fussed if I’m honest, I’d prefer to keep him though but if he’s refusing to sign a new deal then so be it....
    I am, we’d need to replace him with a winger with the potential to score 10+ this season, which Doughty has.
    Me too. Doughty and Maddison in the same team would create so many chances. Not sure what the fee for Doughty is, but if it’s less than £1m, I’d just keep him and let him go next summer - much better chance of promotion with him in the team. 
    But then if he goes to Celtic we get nothing, its Joe Aribo all over again
  • Re. Doughty can't remember if this was posted at the time 

• Don't mind the idea of Inniss. Big bloke, looks quite physical and we are a bit of a weak side I would say for this league. If he was that much of a wrong un he wouldn't have stayed at Palace. I had a quick twitter search and apparently he's a nice lad just had a bit of a rough past. Could be a bit of a gem you never know.

Like the sound of the Chelsea kid, some serious talent in their setup and he sounds like one for the future. Decent double signing if it all comes through.

Shame about Doughty but if he won't sign then it's probably better to get a fee for him, let's just hope it's the right price with add ons
  • The 18 year old lad from Chelsea is Dutch:

Maatsen joined Chelsea from PSV Eindhoven in July 2018 and is comfortable in a number of different positions.

• Sponsored links:

• Cawley has confirmed that Koiki wont be signing
  • MattF said:
    Re. Doughty can't remember if this was posted at the time 

Disappointed with Alfie a little bit... Got plenty of time to get there
    No surprise he shares an agent with Phillips, could almost swap the names if the ages were similar.

Hopefully he's off because we've got a decent fee with lots of bonuses and sell ons thrown in.
  • Do transfer fees received give more leeway on the salary cap?  Seems unfair if fees paid can't be offset against fees received.  Koiki would have cost a fee which would need to funded from within the £2.5m cap.
  • Do transfer fees received give more leeway on the salary cap?  Seems unfair if fees paid can't be offset against fees received.  Koiki would have cost a fee which would need to funded from within the £2.5m cap.
    I don't think transfer fees come out of the cap, its purely wages
  • edited October 2020
    Wonder if Koiki not signing was our choice or he was the one who had an issue 

Also Inniss will be known by Williams surely? So he will have a link here 
  • Sometimes a team needs one or nasty bastards amongst the skill and flair. On recent times we have the likes of Pratley or even Kermorgant. Those two put the wind up a lot of opposition players (and fans!) and that is a useful thing to have sometimes.
    Also if you are a goal down and have a late corner, you could probably do a lot worse than having Bogle, Aneke and Iniss to attack a Maddison delivery. That would put the frighteners up the majority of League One defences.
  • Doughty out, Randell Williams in 
    Do you know something about that one?
  • Gutted that Doughty is off. We haven't signed anyone of his quality and we won't get a decent enough replacement in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Little bit disappointed with Doughty, but it is what it is. Excited about Maatsen though!
  • I do like the look of the young Chelsea LB, Maatson.

Quick feet, good tekkers, football brain and a left foot wand like Nabster's to ping a diagonal ball (Bow likes that).

Wins freekicks like Williams.

Ticks a lot of boxes. Watch out Ben!
  • Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:
    Redhenry said:
    Doughty off though
    As I said I’d prefer to keep him but if we’re being offered decent money then take it if he won’t sign a new deal. Agreed, we’d need to sign another winger on top of the winger we already need. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    I do like the look of the young Chelsea LB, Maatson.

Quick feet, good tekkers, football brain and a left foot wand like Nabster's to ping a diagonal ball (Bow likes that).

Wins freekicks like Williams.

Ticks a lot of boxes. Watch out Ben!
    Not to mention scores more goals most likely.... ;)
  • Doughty out, Randell Williams in 
    I’d really like to Williams come in regardless.