Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    Alfie hasn't gone anywhere yet, so let's not call him out yet. 

I will be disappointed if he does go as it'll be very disrespectful, but right now we have rumours and speculation only. 
    Spot on. He hasn’t left yet and people are digging him out! 
  • Personally feel that Thomas Sandgaard and Bowyer should say to Doughty stay this season when I believe his contract runs out and if we are still in League 1 come May your agent will get you a lovely contract in the Championship with our blessing.

We need to stop selling players after they have half a dozen good games. Our relegation has made that difficult.  
  • MattF said:
    Re. Doughty can't remember if this was posted at the time 

Disappointed with Alfie a little bit... Got plenty of time to get there
    Sadly that's how it is now with agents ever more powerful. Get talented kid on your books and get them a 'big' move asap, doesn't matter how it'll affect the career, as long as signing on fee is decent. 
  • Luton!!!!!

F**k me. Makes Celtic move look like one to Real Madrid!
  • edited October 2020
    I won’t believe Doughty’s leaving until it’s “confirmed” by Rich Cawley and/or Pete O’Rourke. Unfortunately RH’s recent track record isn’t as stellar as it once was so I’m a little less inclined to believe it.

There’s about five pages of people calling him greedy etc over one whisper that was posted up here earlier today. Imagine if nothing’s happened and he’s reading those posts LOL.
  • I'm sure that most of us if offered a new job with a "better" company and lots more money we would go and would not be considered greedy, why should it be different for a footballer?
  • edited October 2020
    I'm sure that most of us if offered a new job with a "better" company and lots more money we would go and would not be considered greedy, why should it be different for a footballer?
    Let's say he's on his apprenticeship. 

Company A has paid for his development and training and he hasn't finished said apprenticeship. 

If he goes to Company B it is wholly disrespectful to Company A and a complete waste of their time and money. 

Won't judge til it is confirmed and we learn how it affects us. 
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:
    Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:
    Redhenry said:
    Doughty off though
    I’m not overly fussed if I’m honest, I’d prefer to keep him though but if he’s refusing to sign a new deal then so be it....
    I am, we’d need to replace him with a winger with the potential to score 10+ this season, which Doughty has.
    As I said I’d prefer to keep him but if we’re being offered decent money then take it if he won’t sign a new deal. Agreed, we’d need to sign another winger on top of the winger we already need. 
    How many wingers did we use when we won the play offs? 
    None because we had mobile strikers who could drift wide and cause full backs problems, so a different formation suited us.

Bowyer’s moved to a 4-3-3 formation and building the squad with that in mind. You’d think he wouldn’t have to completely change his plans just by one player leaving.
    He changed to 433 because he had Doughty, people put that and the signing of Maddison together and came up with 433 as the preferred formation.

LB has talked about "different systems" back normally about 3 or 4 at the back.

Changing to 433, as the default, would have needed major surgery.  Where would you put Williams, Oztumer, Aneke etc in a 433?
  • Sponsored links:

• Player exchange with Doughty, so I heard.

PS: I'm ITK  :wink:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:
    Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:
    Redhenry said:
    Doughty off though
    I’m not overly fussed if I’m honest, I’d prefer to keep him though but if he’s refusing to sign a new deal then so be it....
    I am, we’d need to replace him with a winger with the potential to score 10+ this season, which Doughty has.
    As I said I’d prefer to keep him but if we’re being offered decent money then take it if he won’t sign a new deal. Agreed, we’d need to sign another winger on top of the winger we already need. 
    None because we had mobile strikers who could drift wide and cause full backs problems, so a different formation suited us.

Bowyer’s moved to a 4-3-3 formation and building the squad with that in mind. You’d think he wouldn’t have to completely change his plans just by one player leaving.
    He changed to 433 because he had Doughty, people put that and the signing of Maddison together and came up with 433 as the preferred formation.

Changing to 433, as the default, would have needed major surgery.  Where would you put Williams, Oztumer, Aneke etc in a 433?
    On the bench ;)
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Who’s replacing our main direct attacking threat then? Doubt we’ll get anyone else in not counting towards the cap at this stage. Can’t say I get this one. 
    Maddison?
    Has a great delivery don’t get me wrong, but I don’t think he’s the type to run up and down the pitch, at defenders etc. Doughty’s pace is absolutely lethal at this level, very hard if not impossible to replace. 
    You don't need to run if you can pick a killer pass from 50 yards
    Pace is nothing without control/end product...#runforrestrun
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I'm sure that most of us if offered a new job with a "better" company and lots more money we would go and would not be considered greedy, why should it be different for a footballer?
    Let's say he's on his apprenticeship. 

Company A has paid for his development and training and he hasn't finished said apprenticeship. 

If he goes to Company B it is wholly disrespectful to Company A and a complete waste of their time and money. 

Won't judge til it is confirmed and we learn how it affects us. 
    I’m not sure that analogy works - he can only leave us if we agree to sell him or his contract expires without agreeing a new deal. He can’t just walk out now and join a new “company”.
  • That was nice of Lampard. Kante who is probably one of the least troublesome players out there, refused some time off to attend a wedding.
  • I'm sure that most of us if offered a new job with a "better" company and lots more money we would go and would not be considered greedy, why should it be different for a footballer?
    I can't speak for everyone who has commented but I'd certainly wish him well and follow his career with interest. 

The problem I have with it is that he's (potentially) being silly. He's making life harder for the club that gave him a chance for a quick, short-term win. If he's as good as he thinks he is, he could sign a contract, smash League One and go in the summer - that will give him more money, status and secure the club financially. We'd all wish each other well and dance off into the moonlight. 

Unfortunately, agents exist. They'll be in his ear as much as possible trying to get him to jump ship at the first opportunity.  

As for the comparison with normal jobs, it doesn't correlate. While I understand your point, the caveat is that normal jobs don't invest in you since the age of 10 and give you every opportunity to flourish - just for you to run your contract down after 15 odd decent performances. 
  • limeygent said:
    I see a lot of 0-0 draws coming.
    Thinking the same, decent MF, defence taking shape but no-one to score & I would be surprised there's any decent strikers hanging around that we could afford under the cap. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    @Cafc43v3r
    Rather uninspiring options, but options: 

GK
    Amos
    Maynard Brewer

Defence

Gunter | Inniss | Pearce | Maatsen
    Oshilaja | Barker | Famewo | Purrington

Midfield

Levitt | Watson | Gilbey
    Morgan | Pratley | Vennings

Attack

Oztumer | Aneke | Williams
    Washington | Bogle | Maddison

I think if you shuffle it to 352 and 442 (diamond) it looks more offensive and more inspirational.

We will see. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:
    Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:
    Redhenry said:
    Doughty off though

On the bench ;)  for the vets team

• Alfie has gone from being considered a conference player on loan, to Championship and Celtic quality within a year. If it can go that way that quickly, it can go the other way just as quick. Would be mental to not consider a better move presuming he's not on a good contract at the moment.

What is the bigger issue is that we always seem to have a promising youngster break through whilst they are on a one year deal where this scenario keeps happening that we basically have to give in and sell them...
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:
    Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:
    Redhenry said:
    Doughty off though

Yeah he has talked about different systems, but he’s likely to have one as his main system. I wouldn’t assume he’s set on that being a diamond, that worked well when we had the right strikers for it. At the moment we probably don’t have that.

Williams and Oztumer can’t stay in the team, while Aneke can’t stay fit. We won’t be building a system around any of them.

When they do play it wouldn’t be surprising to see Williams our wide or in the midfield 3, Oztumer on the right of the front 3 or Aneke as the central striker. They’ve all played in positions other than a “number 10” during their careers.
  • The purpose of the signings is to get points on the table.
    If that happens all is good.
    I hope Inniss can avoid trading on the troubled past angle even though true, because sadly he may have caused there to be victims along the way.
    Perhaps reparations might be in order.
    Either way my attitude overall is good luck to the fella.
    Get us points.
  • edited October 2020
    Desperately need CBs, and if one of them is Inniss, then great. We need a brickhouse, and you’d assume Gallen and Bowyer wouldn’t sign a donkey. So he’s had problems from a tough childhood, but maybe charlton will help him with those issues? Maarten looks like a slightly taller Dasilva, and could be a great loan. If they’re both confirmed then we’ll have had a decent day under difficult circumstances IMHO. 
    Smyth would potentially be ok as well, who knows. 
    Bogle, Aneke, Smyth & Washington should  give us plenty of options up front, and with Madison (and potentially Levitt) opening up defences I think we might do ok, although I’d prefer us to have a proven goalscorer in the ranks. 
    But even so, I’m ever the optimist.   
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:
    Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:
    Redhenry said:
    Doughty off though

Yeah he has talked about different systems, but he’s likely to have one as his main system. I wouldn’t assume he’s set on that being a diamond, that worked well when we had the right strikers for it. At the moment we probably don’t have that.

Williams and Oztumer can’t stay in the team, while Aneke can’t stay fit. We won’t be building a system around any of them.

When they do play it wouldn’t be surprising to see Williams our wide or in the midfield 3, Oztumer on the right of the front 3 or Aneke as the central striker. They’ve all played in positions other than a “number 10” during their careers.
    They have also all been pretty poor to average as anything else other than a "number 10".  Bowyer has said before that Aneke isn't a 9.

Like I said we will see. 
  • masicat said:
    Can’t deny Bonne and Doughty their moves given their fantastic performances at the end of last season trying to keep us up.
    Dear oh dear.
    Thing is they are both now seen as world beaters after one
    season where they were both lets face it, average.
    Agree Bonne was a bit of a better player for us, with a few
    goals and assists, but what has Alfie really done in the last
    12 months to feel he is championship quality.
    That said, i don't want him to go,and feel he would benefit
    in another year or two, if talent shines through, with a real
    life changing move.
    Listen to Bowyer, not your agent mate.