Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Who do you fear then? :)
    I wouldn’t use that word.

We’ve only played four and it’ll probably take another six to see how the leagues taking shape.

We don’t know who else we might get in or how well the team will gell, particularly if we can’t find another striker, goals may be a problem. Obviously I hope not.

I have faith in Bowyer and Gallen but I doubt we’ll be world beaters, of course I’d love to be wrong.

• Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Martin Sandgaard has said there is still hope for Shwartz. 

“He’s got the paperwork in front of him”
    Where has he said this? Not questioning you just curious lol
    I asked him. He’s a streamer so you can easily contact him if you really wanted to. 

Schwartz didn’t sign the paperwork in the end unfortunately, we may go in for him in January apparently.
    Probably saw us play at the weekend & thought that with the  lack of chances created he could do better elsewhere. It's going to be hard attracting players when our midfield is so pedestrian, our set plays uninspiring & by 5pm Saturday we in the bottom 4.

But hey ho, I keep being told that we have list upon list of players, are forever drawing up lists of better players that we can now sign, and the 5 or 6 that we had lined up on takeover day are still itching to join us.
    You were saying

Lets face it, if we can get the right players in 8 points away from 2nd and 3rd and 9 points away from top with a game in hand is nothing with 42 games to play still.

People need to have a bit more faith and belief, have we had a great first 4 games no, but we are no where near a completed squad atm.

Paulie, Golfie was looking forward to wallowing in his misery with us in the bottom 4.

He's going to feel thoroughly thwarted ....... because it looks like we've risen to 17th without playing! :smile:

Oh yes, I'm overjoyed that we managed to stay out of the bottom 4 this afternoon 🤔. Our game in hand is only relevant if we win it, seeing as a draw takes us nowhere in the table - one that has both Accrington & Gillingham in the top 6 !!

Early days as you say, but we need to start picking up points asap.

Quite agree, Golfie ..... but we all know the reasons why we've had an indifferent start.

Although while personally disappointed that we didn't pick up any points today, ha ha ....... as Bowyer might say, "I'm over the moon " that we've gone up a place in the League table today, to the dizzy heights of 17th! :smile:

Weren’t we 14th before this weekends set of fixtures ??
  • AndyG said:
    I'm going to stick my head on the block and say we wont lose another 4 games this season.
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Best laugh I've had all year. Even CP's Title winning team that got a record 101 points lost 5 games. So you are saying this current team has going to equal that one.

I'll stick my head in the block & say we will lose another 4 by xmas. £20 to the upbeats if we don't.

Unless LB pulls off the signing of the century by bringing in a striker that can score goals then somewhere between 7th & 12th is out best bet this season. 

• Sure we'll see some more signings this week.

Premier league teams have to finalise and name their official squads for the season so you'll see some players left out. Obviously they won't drop to league one but if for example they go to a lower prem team or a top championship side then that might free up a younger kid to move to league one on loan. 

We'll be ok.
  • Mo Eisa would have been a superb signing, shame if it isn't going to happen due to the cap. Assume that even if we struck a loan with a permanent at the end of the season we couldn't make it work?

• MarcusH26 said:
    Mo Eisa would have been a superb signing, shame if it isn't going to happen due to the cap. Assume that even if we struck a loan with a permanent at the end of the season we couldn't make it work?

Don’t think Peterborough would sell him TBF 
  • I was around Avery Hill Park yesterday. I think I’ve found the new Sparrows Lane, only needs a trench and it’s better than what we have 😂

• Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Martin Sandgaard has said there is still hope for Shwartz. 

“He’s got the paperwork in front of him”
    Where has he said this? Not questioning you just curious lol
    I asked him. He’s a streamer so you can easily contact him if you really wanted to. 

Schwartz didn’t sign the paperwork in the end unfortunately, we may go in for him in January apparently.
    Probably saw us play at the weekend & thought that with the  lack of chances created he could do better elsewhere. It's going to be hard attracting players when our midfield is so pedestrian, our set plays uninspiring & by 5pm Saturday we in the bottom 4.

But hey ho, I keep being told that we have list upon list of players, are forever drawing up lists of better players that we can now sign, and the 5 or 6 that we had lined up on takeover day are still itching to join us.
    You were saying

Lets face it, if we can get the right players in 8 points away from 2nd and 3rd and 9 points away from top with a game in hand is nothing with 42 games to play still.

People need to have a bit more faith and belief, have we had a great first 4 games no, but we are no where near a completed squad atm.

Paulie, Golfie was looking forward to wallowing in his misery with us in the bottom 4.

He's going to feel thoroughly thwarted ....... because it looks like we've risen to 17th without playing! :smile:

Oh yes, I'm overjoyed that we managed to stay out of the bottom 4 this afternoon 🤔. Our game in hand is only relevant if we win it, seeing as a draw takes us nowhere in the table - one that has both Accrington & Gillingham in the top 6 !!

Early days as you say, but we need to start picking up points asap.

Quite agree, Golfie ..... but we all know the reasons why we've had an indifferent start.

Although while personally disappointed that we didn't pick up any points today, ha ha ....... as Bowyer might say, "I'm over the moon " that we've gone up a place in the League table today, to the dizzy heights of 17th! :smile:

Weren’t we 14th before this weekends set of fixtures ??
    Yep, you are right 14th before the weekend, however we dropped to
    18th at the start of play, so yes we jumped up to 17th 5.00pm Saturday
    so dizzy heights eh ;)
  • Bubble said:
    A 2 for 1 with Joe Gelhardt would nice. 
  • AndyG said:
    I'm going to stick my head on the block and say we wont lose another 4 games this season.

Best laugh I've had all year. Even CP's Title winning team that got a record 101 points lost 5 games. So you are saying this current team has going to equal that one.

I'll stick my head in the block & say we will lose another 4 by xmas. £20 to the upbeats if we don't.

Unless LB pulls off the signing of the century by bringing in a striker that can score goals then somewhere between 7th & 12th is out best bet this season. 

@golfaddick I will do a charity £20 bet for the upbeats that we wont lose 4 more games before Xmas 😁
  • Bubble said:
    Could be decent but if Huddersfield are in for him (as the article says) then he'll surely go there. Not only is it a higher level but their manager is mates with Bielsa and was Gotts' manager when Leeds U23s won their academy league. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Right Back who was converted to a CM by Bielsa , could be a smart move with a bit of flexibility there. 
  • Is he large and box-to-box though? 
  • Leuth said:
    Is he large and box-to-box though? 
    Nope
  • edited October 2020
    Leuth said:
    Is he large and box-to-box though? 

He's the Yorkshire Pirlo coming in to make the holy trinity of 'ballers 

Levitt Gotts Vennings

More seriously, sounds like the Cullen replacement.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I don't think we are as short on quality as a lot of people seem to think.  Despite the last few signings the squad still isn't balanced but in terms of quilty we are set fair. 

I can't actually believe some the stick our players we had last season are getting generally.  I think it's really unfair to base judgment on the last 10 months performances.  The place has been a circus. Every time I have seen Oshilaja play, it's been in a different position. 

Remember around this time last year we were magnificent against Leeds, WBA, Fulham and Forest.  The current bunch of scapegoats were if not the key figures, certainly great support, in that.

With the exception of Levitt everyone of our players has a great record in league 1, or haven't had the chance to play in league 1 because they have been playing at a higher level. 

Ben Watson and Chris Gunter have played over 1000 games between them and never lost a league 1 game :wink:

Throw in Derby, Bristol City and Brentford( a re-anactment of the Alamo but with a different outcome) then we hit the heights not only with the stars but the water carriers as well.

• Really hoping this isn't an omen... "Saw Pearce at Sparrows Lane today" and my phone came up with Nurseplus and the image below. I knew he'd had a setback but wow!? 

• AndyG said:

£20 to the upbeats says we finish top 6 this season.

We are better than Karl Robinson’s teams and that’s with signings still be worked on
    You’ve lol’d this @wmcf123 does that mean you will take the bet?