Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• edited October 2020
    Martin Sandgaard has said there is still hope for Shwartz. 

“He’s got the paperwork in front of him”
    Where has he said this? Not questioning you just curious lol
    I asked him. He’s a streamer so you can easily contact him if you really wanted to. 

Schwartz didn’t sign the paperwork in the end unfortunately, we may go in for him in January apparently.
    Probably saw us play at the weekend & thought that with the  lack of chances created he could do better elsewhere. It's going to be hard attracting players when our midfield is so pedestrian, our set plays uninspiring & by 5pm Saturday we in the bottom 4.

But hey ho, I keep being told that we have list upon list of players, are forever drawing up lists of better players that we can now sign, and the 5 or 6 that we had lined up on takeover day are still itching to join us.
    You were saying

Lets face it, if we can get the right players in 8 points away from 2nd and 3rd and 9 points away from top with a game in hand is nothing with 42 games to play still.

People need to have a bit more faith and belief, have we had a great first 4 games no, but we are no where near a completed squad atm.

Paulie, Golfie was looking forward to wallowing in his misery with us in the bottom 4.

He's going to feel thoroughly thwarted ....... because it looks like we've risen to 17th without playing! :smile:

• Bogle was a target in Jan but chose to go to Holland instead
  • Not sure on Bowyers stance on Bogle back then, but Gunter, Maddison and more than likely Watson were all targets last year. For a season in the CHAMPIONSHIP.
    .The fact we've managed to get hold of them for a season in league one is a huge coup imo.
    I disagree .  I don’t think any of them bar the best version of Maddison will make a huge difference, but as with many players over the years - Luke Young,  Parker , Hreidarsson to name a few , I am very happy to be wrong. 
  • Mo Eisa an unused sub today. There has been some interest in him in the past.
  • edited October 2020
    Oggy Red said:

I asked him. He’s a streamer so you can easily contact him if you really wanted to. 

Schwartz didn’t sign the paperwork in the end unfortunately, we may go in for him in January apparently.
    Probably saw us play at the weekend & thought that with the  lack of chances created he could do better elsewhere. It's going to be hard attracting players when our midfield is so pedestrian, our set plays uninspiring & by 5pm Saturday we in the bottom 4.

But hey ho, I keep being told that we have list upon list of players, are forever drawing up lists of better players that we can now sign, and the 5 or 6 that we had lined up on takeover day are still itching to join us.
    You were saying

Lets face it, if we can get the right players in 8 points away from 2nd and 3rd and 9 points away from top with a game in hand is nothing with 42 games to play still.

People need to have a bit more faith and belief, have we had a great first 4 games no, but we are no where near a completed squad atm.

Paulie, Golfie was looking forward to wallowing in his misery with us in the bottom 4.

He's going to feel thoroughly thwarted ....... because it looks like we've risen to 17th without playing! :smile:

Oh yes, I'm overjoyed that we managed to stay out of the bottom 4 this afternoon 🤔. Our game in hand is only relevant if we win it, seeing as a draw takes us nowhere in the table - one that has both Accrington & Gillingham in the top 6 !!

Early days as you say, but we need to start picking up points asap.

I’m pleased that we are going back into for players we targeted in the championship.

I’ve stopped taking much notice of strikers previous goal records as playing consistently is vital for strikes to score 20+. Look at Grant, he only started scoring regularly when he played every week for Crawley & us. Really difficult to score 10+ when you are continually rotated in and out of the team. 
    Bostock next? 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Wilson scored for Salford today in the 20th min.
    When did they sign him?

Would love to know how they managed that on the League Two salary cap as bet that's lower than League One!!
    Last January. !8 month contract.

He would have an existing contract before the wage cap.

Salford could be paying him whatever he asked for.

They're fucked if they don't go up this season, as their wage bill is reportedly more than double the league two salary cap total. 
  • Sponsored links:

I’m pleased that we are going back into for players we targeted in the championship.

I’ve stopped taking much notice of strikers previous goal records as playing consistently is vital for strikes to score 20+. Look at Grant, he only started scoring regularly when he played every week for Crawley & us. Really difficult to score 10+ when you are continually rotated in and out of the team. 
    It is not just that. The team will have been set up to support the main striker so not ideal.

The sub is usually ‘something different’ so more unlikely to be getting the chances the main striker should, although would have the benefit of playing against tiring players.

Last mini run in the team he scored one in three matches. 
  • ‘Relocation costs’ as has been pointed out before are unfair on Clubs in more affluent areas of the country. Perhaps we should move to Bermondsey ...
  • Richard J said:
    Bogle was a target in Jan but chose to go to Holland instead
    Bostock next? 
    Nope, Darren Purse next ..
  • edited October 2020
    Oggy Red said:

You were saying

Oh yes, I'm overjoyed that we managed to stay out of the bottom 4 this afternoon 🤔. Our game in hand is only relevant if we win it, seeing as a draw takes us nowhere in the table - one that has both Accrington & Gillingham in the top 6 !!

What I think we need to do is develop the squad to a point where it hardly ever loses. When we won promotion, the squad had gaps and we had a bit of luck they were not fully exposed, even if we did have some quality players too. But when we played our best team we didn't lose.

I know that sounds obvious, but it is possible in this league. I think you have to be able to score goals freely and not be too negative. Wales are a respected International side and they had three of our players playing for them against England. 

If we can get the goals in the side, I think we ought to have more depth to sustain a run. A run of wins takes you up the table quickly and our start isn't the end of the world in that context. I am hoping that with the added players, we stop seeing this cagey nonsense and try to beat every team we play 3-0. That approach will see us climb the league I'm sure with the right personnel.
  • Agree we need to start on the front foot and be pro active.
    I don't want to watch the negative play of the mini League.
    I'm sure once we have a decent squad we can attack teams again. 

The Owner wants it, so that will happen...
  • Sage said:
    Richard J said:
    Bostock next? 
    That’s what I’m hoping for as a midfield addition.

Midfield of him, Watson, Gilbey and Maddison would be a real force in this league. That’s without everyone else to add in too. 
    Winning combination right there - I’d take him in League One in a heartbeat. I wonder if Bostock is workable within the cap?
  • Why does it feel like we have to rebuild our team from scratch every bloody season.
  • Oggy Red said:

You were saying

Quite agree, Golfie ..... but we all know the reasons why we've had an indifferent start.

Although while personally disappointed that we didn't pick up any points today, ha ha ....... as Bowyer might say, "I'm over the moon " that we've gone up a place in the League table today, to the dizzy heights of 17th! :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• edited October 2020
    Oggy Red said:
    Wilson scored for Salford today in the 20th min.
    When did they sign him?

Would love to know how they managed that on the League Two salary cap as bet that's lower than League One!!
    Last January. !8 month contract.

He would have an existing contract before the wage cap.

Salford could be paying him whatever he asked for.

They're fucked if they don't go up this season, as their wage bill is reportedly more than double the league two salary cap total. 
    I expect they'll find a way to be ...... erm, "creative". There's going to be legal ways found to 'avoid' the wage cap rather than 'evasion'.

Or maybe they do win promotion. 

• Sage said:
    Richard J said:
    Bostock next? 

Midfield of him, Watson, Gilbey and Maddison would be a real force in this league. That’s without everyone else to add in too. 
    We do need a cohesive midfield unit though ....... rather than a disparate collection of individually talented players.

• Why does it feel like we have to rebuild our team from scratch every bloody season.
    Know what you mean grumps.

I reconcile this with the fact that we have been owned by a succession of useless incompetent cnuts!
  • edited October 2020
    Why does it feel like we have to rebuild our team from scratch every bloody season.
    Because the owners who would not spend money on decent players and longer contracts, let us hope this will now stop and LB can plan for a few years ahead, but probably not until after this season. Sorry forgot about Sarr and his five year extortionate contract
  • Sage said:
    Richard J said:
    Bostock next? 

Winning combination right there - I’d take him in League One in a heartbeat. I wonder if Bostock is workable within the cap?
    Let’s hope so. It’s a midfield who all should be or are capable of playing in the league above, so in League One, it’d be the best in the league. You can add in Williams, Levitt, Oztumer, Doughty, Pratley etc to them too. Would be exciting.
  • ‘Relocation costs’ as has been pointed out before are unfair on Clubs in more affluent areas of the country. Perhaps we should move to Bermondsey ...
    It may be too late. If Surrey Docks has already been gentrified to Surrey Quays (WTF), how long before plain old Bermondsey gets the 'Bermondsey Village' treatment? 

Don't know what they'll do with the rubbish incinerator or rusty Toolbox though.

• CAFCDAZ said:
    Mo Eisa an unused sub today. There has been some interest in him in the past.
    We would love Mo, but his wages would be an issue is what I was told with the cap
    This. Eisa is a player we really would like at the club but I don’t think that will happen in this window.