Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• As selling Bonne brought in £2m, could that money be used entirely on free transfers wages, paying wages of around £38,000 per week for the season without breaking the wage cap rules?
    No.
  • As selling Bonne brought in £2m, could that money be used entirely on free transfers wages, paying wages of around £38,000 per week for the season without breaking the wage cap rules?
    Nein. Non. No.
  • Scoham said:
    Nicholas said:
    If and a big if Aneke can get fit I think he will score a fair few this season

I think we should go for Ched Evens, very good player at this level, year left on his contract, can’t imagine his wages will be much. 
    He's Welsh so maybe he's on Bowyer's list 👀
    Don't talk about being on a list.
  • It's possible that if we are looking like promotion contenders in January, we may spend money then. Especially if there are clubs who need to sell for financial reasons
    But again, it doesn't matter how much we might offer the other club the player will only move if we are paying more than his current club......and with the wage cap now in place that might only be from a team in our division or lower. I can't see, on average, that a Championship side will be paying less than £3k pw - certainly not to a half decent player. Why do you think Taylor left   ?
    Nope - cap not based on turnover or profit - fixed for all clubs at the same rate 
    iamdan said:
    As selling Bonne brought in £2m, could that money be used entirely on free transfers wages, paying wages of around £38,000 per week for the season without breaking the wage cap rules?
    No.
    As selling Bonne brought in £2m, could that money be used entirely on free transfers wages, paying wages of around £38,000 per week for the season without breaking the wage cap rules?
    Nein. Non. No.
    Something tells me that some people have yet to wake up, let alone smell the coffee.
  • Could Alfie be converted to a forward? 

He needs to work on his finishing but him coming off the bench with his pace I think could work. 
    Nope - cap not based on turnover or profit - fixed for all clubs at the same rate 
    iamdan said:
    No.
    Nein. Non. No.
    Something tells me that some people have yet to wake up, let alone smell the coffee.
    It is why Tea drinkers rule the world.
  • Sponsored links:

• As a matter of curiousity, where did the Wilshere rumour come from?
    Some gullible idiot.
  • cafc_se7 said:
    Ben Thompson, pushing for a loan exit. Would take him in a heartbeat! Don’t care if he is a wall player! 
    He'll never play for us he hates us.
    Can I be the first to say - No.
  • jondon76 said:
    cafc_se7 said:
    Ben Thompson, pushing for a loan exit. Would take him in a heartbeat! Don’t care if he is a wall player! 
    He'll never play for us he hates us.
    Needs must, all he needs is the word of Bowyer and Gallen in his
    shell like and he will realize that CAFC is the place to be not Wall
     ;) 
  • Nicholas said:

I think we should go for Ched Evens, very good player at this level, year left on his contract, can’t imagine his wages will be much. 
    No thanks to Ched Evans, blokes a total wrongun.
    What has he been convicted of ?
  • It's the international break ....... but it feels like our pre-season, with all the squad rebuilding going on right now.

Need a pre-season tour in Spain. Half the squad doesn't even know each others' names.

• edited October 2020
    redbuttle said:
    Nicholas said:

No thanks to Ched Evans, blokes a total wrongun.
    What has he been convicted of ?
    Being a bloody idiot. Mind you his trial helped us as he was scoring freely for Sheffield United at the time.

Lucky his father in law and girlfriend,  now wife stuck by him and supported him.
    Didn’t he get found guilty first up, which meant that scoring goals didn’t help him!

i thought he served a couple of years and then got it over turned?

I’m not condoning what he did but wasn’t it similar to what grant and hacket Fairchild did?
  • Sooooo, any rumours?
  • Sponsored links:

• Robert Earnshaw could surely still do a job, gotta be better than doing punditry on a Thursday night. Impact sub?
  • No rumours, no
  •  said:
    JFC in your 1st 11. Really?
    I reckon if he didn't have the option of another year we would have got rid.
  • Is there any waffle amongst all these rumours?
  • It's possible that if we are looking like promotion contenders in January, we may spend money then. Especially if there are clubs who need to sell for financial reasons
    But again, it doesn't matter how much we might offer the other club the player will only move if we are paying more than his current club......and with the wage cap now in place that might only be from a team in our division or lower. I can't see, on average, that a Championship side will be paying less than £3k pw - certainly not to a half decent player. Why do you think Taylor left   ?
    Our division will be fine, e.g. a striker on fire playing for one of the smaller teams in the division, who need the cash in January to pay wages
    Our division will be fine, e.g. a striker on fire playing for one of the smaller teams in the division, who need the cash in January to pay wages
    The best way to get a top striker at your level is to do this, what we did with BWP.
    We are struggling to get players in without exceeding the cap, the smaller clubs in this division might not reach it.  It doesn’t mean every player is automatically on £3k a week.

accrington could have a 21 year old on £1,500 a week and we offer him £3k. He might want to stay at Accrington and be one step ahead of relegation or he could move to us and push for promotion.

• Is there any waffle amongst all these rumours?
    Exactly. Some of you have way too much time on your hands! 
  • Robert Earnshaw could surely still do a job, gotta be better than doing punditry on a Thursday night. Impact sub?
    Ashley cole was decent in the legends charity match as was makelele. Surely we can tempt them?