Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• My only worry is, how fit is he, has he done any training since the end of the season, or have we got to wait another few weeks while he gets match fit?
  • Oggy Red said:
    BalladMan said:
    Half decent signing but the build up for a journeyman striker is embarrassing. 
    We have a team of journeymen.
    Not really - we also haven’t put up silly hype videos before each signed. We didn’t even do that for Maddison, who’s probably the best player in the league on his day. 

I’m sure Bowyer will get the best out of him but he’s no better than Bonne
    And thats why he is free and Bonne was 2m.   Let's give him a chance to play in the bowyer way and then pass judgement. Taylor came in at 28, journeyman, and did really well.  Didn't end well, but who knows?

I like Bogle as a player and he will definitely make life hard for defenders, but this is not our 25 goal as season man. 
    That won't matter if Bogle's presence in the box and assists means another striker gets 25 goals.

Ok as long as we sign that 25 goal striker
    Sure, @Large ...... the goals have got to come from someone or throughout the forward line/attacking midfield.

In the promotion season after Grant was sold, Taylor was the only forward who scored frequently. And that season, how many of them were pens?
    Take away the pens and from open play, Taylor scored around 15 or so.

Last season, Taylor scored 6 goals in 7 matches, before getting injured for a long period - and on his return, scored 11 in total.
    Again how many of those were pens?

It might well be the main striker doesn't take pens this year - so their goals tally might only be around 15.
    But then that compares to more or less the number scored  from open play by Taylor.

Anyway, all conjecture ..... let's wait and see how the season unfolds.

• A few more of the free agents are being signed up now. Cameron Jerome has gone to MK Dons
  • Now we've signed Bogle, like Mount Chuks, strong in the air and hold up play ...... does this mean Josh Davison will go out on loan?

Bowyer was making noises about that just before the takeover.
  • A few more of the free agents are being signed up now. Cameron Jerome has gone to MK Dons
    Jesus he must be hitting 50
    He is younger than Ben Watson 
    thought he was going be 37/38 at least 

• As a matter of curiousity, where did the Wilshere rumour come from?
    Now that would have been a great 1 season deal to get out the league.
  • Sponsored links:

• As a matter of curiousity, where did the Wilshere rumour come from?
    Never a rumour just started on here when a poster mentioned his name I beleive... 
  • I am not on twitter, could someone who is ask Cawley whether the eye raising player joining a) has signed or b) was Schwartz c) is still on our radar.
  • I am not on twitter, could someone who is ask Cawley whether the eye raising player joining a) has signed or b) was Schwartz c) is still on our radar.
    Cawley said it was Watson
  • J BLOCK said:
    Can all the bed wetters who moan about lack of rumours calm down now? No one predicted Bogle, so in future please note that if there aren't any rumours, it doesn't mean nothing is happening! 
    If you read back through the thread Bogle was mentioned on numerous occasions. However, it is a small pond we find ourselves fishing in.
    Just out of interest, why are you quoting that we’re fishing in a small pond?, we have a new owner that appears to have some money if bowyer wants it. Surely the pond is larger than it’s been for a long time. We can actually bid and spend if wanted I’m guessing. The cap keeps getting mentioned in the wrong context based upon the idea each player can only be paid up to 2k.im not having a dig. I feel as a fan base we’re all a bit cautious of being too optimistic now. Hopefully from now on we can be positive and hope that small pond you speak of actually turns out to be bigger than we think in time to come.
  • You've got to say it's underwhelming because of all the media hype but I am intrigued to see how he gets on, probably his last chance and there is a player in there somewhere
  • edited October 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    I am not on twitter, could someone who is ask Cawley whether the eye raising player joining a) has signed or b) was Schwartz c) is still on our radar.
    Cawley said it was Watson
    Thanks.  Good player Watson but at his age I am not sure it was eye raising.  All of our signings this season have been excellent for our level though so I just hope Bows can knit it together and get his extra 5.
  • If and a big if Aneke can get fit I think he will score a fair few this season

I think we should go for Ched Evens, very good player at this level, year left on his contract, can’t imagine his wages will be much. 
  • It's possible that if we are looking like promotion contenders in January, we may spend money then. Especially if there are clubs who need to sell for financial reasons
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2020
    paulfox said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Can all the bed wetters who moan about lack of rumours calm down now? No one predicted Bogle, so in future please note that if there aren't any rumours, it doesn't mean nothing is happening! 
    If you read back through the thread Bogle was mentioned on numerous occasions. However, it is a small pond we find ourselves fishing in.
    Just out of interest, why are you quoting that we’re fishing in a small pond?, we have a new owner that appears to have some money if bowyer wants it. Surely the pond is larger than it’s been for a long time. We can actually bid and spend if wanted I’m guessing. The cap keeps getting mentioned in the wrong context based upon the idea each player can only be paid up to 2k.im not having a dig. I feel as a fan base we’re all a bit cautious of being too optimistic now. Hopefully from now on we can be positive and hope that small pond you speak of actually turns out to be bigger than we think in time to come.
    I’m saying we are fishing in a small pond because other than young loanees from the PL the type of players we are looking at are those we are signing. Out of contract ones. I agree we can actually bid and spend if we wanted to but like it or not the wage cap is stopping us from doing so. If we bid say 3m for a player there is no way we’d be able to offer them anything they’d agree to under the cap. It’s restricting our ability to sign quality. The sooner we are out of League One the better. If we were in the Championship next season I’d be expecting a completely different transfer policy.
    Maybe they are looking to bid for the best of our level? Cheers for clarifying, I couldn’t agree more this division is so bad. Fingers crossed we get back up soon
  • Nicholas said:
    If and a big if Aneke can get fit I think he will score a fair few this season

I think we should go for Ched Evens, very good player at this level, year left on his contract, can’t imagine his wages will be much. 
    He's Welsh so maybe he's on Bowyer's list 👀
  • As selling Bonne brought in £2m, could that money be used entirely on free transfers wages, paying wages of around £38,000 per week for the season without breaking the wage cap rules?
  • As selling Bonne brought in £2m, could that money be used entirely on free transfers wages, paying wages of around £38,000 per week for the season without breaking the wage cap rules?
    Nope - cap not based on turnover or profit - fixed for all clubs at the same rate 
    No
  • Chunes said:
    All that build up from CAFC Comms team and then the media drop it first
    Serves 'em right, I thought mouthall was back
    No.
    No.