Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Upgrade on Bonne, big news

Based on what? Certainly not his goal record. I think it's a reasonable signing, but I think people got a bit over excited with Sandgaard that we were going to sign some top player who was better than Bonne, in a lower division
  • Upgrade on Bonne, big news
    Aside from the fact Bonne is more proven at a higher level
    Bonne actually looked better in the championship than he did in league one. 
  • Not every striker should be based on their goal scoring record. How bad was Bonne this season? If he didn’t get his move to QPR he woulda be awful, admitted his head was turned ffs
    This season is a bit of an exaggeration when it was 3 games. 

There is more to judge a striker on than his goalscoring record, but I think what we quite clearly need is a goalscorer at the moment as not many are coming from the midfield so I'm not sure it's him based on his record.
  • edited October 2020
  • Sponsored links:

• Half decent signing but the build up for a journeyman striker is embarrassing. 
  • Half decent signing but the build up for a journeyman striker is embarrassing. 
    We have a team of journeymen.
  • Bit of a unit, ain’t he
  • Website down
    Not really - we also haven’t put up silly hype videos before each signed. We didn’t even do that for Maddison, who’s probably the best player in the league on his day. 

I’m sure Bowyer will get the best out of him but he’s no better than Bonne
  • Official ;) on the OS
  • Despite being underwhelming it’s probably the best we could get on a permanent. The thought of him upfront with Aneke is absolutely hilarious 
  • Sponsored links:

Not really - we also haven’t put up silly hype videos before each signed. We didn’t even do that for Maddison, who’s probably the best player in the league on his day. 

And thats why he is free and Bonne was 2m.   Let's give him a chance to play in the bowyer way and then pass judgement. Taylor came in at 28, journeyman, and did really well.  Didn't end well, but who knows?
  • MattF said:
    Wouldn't be a Charlton signing without people writing him off before he kicks a ball
    I'm certainly not writing him off but I would've hoped to bring someone in with a bit more pedigree considering we sold our top scorer from last season when we didn't need to
  • BalladMan said:
    Half decent signing but the build up for a journeyman striker is embarrassing. 

And thats why he is free and Bonne was 2m.   Let's give him a chance to play in the bowyer way and then pass judgement. Taylor came in at 28, journeyman, and did really well.  Didn't end well, but who knows?
    I’m not passing judgment, he will no doubt will make us better. I’m just saying it’s underwhelming considering the social media team has hyped it up for over an hour. 

Not sure about the Taylor journeyman comparison - he was probably the best striker in League One when we signed him, who had already played very well for Wimbledon for a number of years. 

I like Bogle as a player and he will definitely make life hard for defenders, but this is not our 25 goal as season man. 
  • MattF said:
    Wouldn't be a Charlton signing without people writing him off before he kicks a ball
    I'm certainly not writing him off but I would've hoped to bring someone in with a bit more pedigree considering we sold our top scorer from last season when we didn't need to
    We kinda did was a v good offer for a player who in his own words had his head turned and didnt want to be here anymore
    would you rather have kept him in that mind frame and lack of effort ??
  • J BLOCK said:
    Total faith in Bowyer - He’ll get the best out of any player. 
    Apart from Fosu 
    And Aiden mcgeady
  • Bowyer still wants another five signings before next Friday’s closure of the domestic window.

“We have to bring three more loans in and a striker,” he said. “I’m looking to probably get another five.

“It’s so important that we get a striker through the door because we’re very, very short in that department.”

One in today, still time to get 4 more in. Imagine we still have another perm to come in before window closes.

• MattF said:
    Point taken, but Bonne wanted to leave, QPR made a decent offer as a higher division club, and there was a fair chunk of time left in the transfer window. Until the window shuts, hard to say what sort of pedigree we'll have