Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Half decent signing but the build up for a journeyman striker is embarrassing. 
    We have a team of journeymen.
    Not really - we also haven’t put up silly hype videos before each signed. We didn’t even do that for Maddison, who’s probably the best player in the league on his day. 

I’m sure Bowyer will get the best out of him but he’s no better than Bonne
    So Bogle is shit because he didn't have a club once the season started but Maddison is clearly the best player in the league and didn't have a club, checks notes, until a week ago?

Right now you have put it like that makes perfect sense. Silly me. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Total faith in Bowyer - He’ll get the best out of any player. 
    Apart from Fosu 
    And Aiden mcgeady
    And Kieron Dyer
    And Jonny W
  • J BLOCK said:
    Like he did with Bonne, Fosu & Parker.
  • edited October 2020
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Gestede not going to happen, we did speak with his reps but he wanted silly money ive heard
    Peeps on here have said he was on £30k pw at 'Boro......so taking a 90% pay cut might not have been on his agenda.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Half decent signing but the build up for a journeyman striker is embarrassing. 
    Not really - we also haven’t put up silly hype videos before each signed. We didn’t even do that for Maddison, who’s probably the best player in the league on his day. 

So Bogle is shit because he didn't have a club once the season started but Maddison is clearly the best player in the league and didn't have a club, checks notes, until a week ago?

What are you going on about mate? Unless you’re just smashing your face into the keyboard, please point me to where I said Bogle is shit? Or compared the length of unemployment between Maddison and Bogle? 

As you want to be pedantic I didn’t say Maddison is the clearly the best player in the league, I said when he’s at his best he’s probably the best in League One - you literally can’t argue with that, his stats would say he’s definitely the best in the league. 

My issue was with the amount of hype the social team did for the signing, but it’s a non-issue. It’s just odd we’d do that for Bogle when we didn’t for higher caliber players like Watson and Maddison. 

Have a cup of tea and chill out.
    Ok can you explain this please because it is causing me confusion. 

Maddison has been "the best player in league 1" for about 4 or 5 years.  So his stats say.  He played for Peterborough who, rightfully, aren't shy of selling a player.   So why hasn't a championship club either bought him or signed him before us?

Yet Bogle is a "journey man" and "half decent" despite championship managers paying good money for him, more than once.

What way is Maddison "higher caliber"?

They are the same age as well. 
  • edited October 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

What are you going on about mate? Unless you’re just smashing your face into the keyboard, please point me to where I said Bogle is shit? Or compared the length of unemployment between Maddison and Bogle? 

As you want to be pedantic I didn’t say Maddison is the clearly the best player in the league, I said when he’s at his best he’s probably the best in League One - you literally can’t argue with that, his stats would say he’s definitely the best in the league. 

My issue was with the amount of hype the social team did for the signing, but it’s a non-issue. It’s just odd we’d do that for Bogle when we didn’t for higher caliber players like Watson and Maddison. 

Have a cup of tea and chill out.
    Ok can you explain this please because it is causing me confusion. 

Maddison has been "the best player in league 1" for about 4 or 5 years.  So his stats say.  He played for Peterborough who, rightfully, aren't shy of selling a player.   So why hasn't a championship club either bought him or signed him before us?

Yet Bogle is a "journey man" and "half decent" despite championship managers paying good money for him, more than once.

What way is Maddison "higher caliber"?

They are the same age as well. 
    Why so combative? 

1. It's not for me to say, but I suspect many were put off by Peterborough's hard bargaining owner and the fact Maddison is renowned for being a bad egg, so it's not worth a seven-figure investment for a player yet to prove it in the Championship. You forget that Bowyer was desperate to sign him while we were a Championship club, as well as Sheffield Wednesday and Hull - we were only able to agree a fee (still £1m+ just last January) as he was running his contract down so Peterborough needed to sell. 

2. He's played for 9 clubs in the past 5 years alone, scoring barely any goals above the non-league level. I'd class that as a bit journeyman - although that doesn't mean he's a bad player.

3. Half decent means 'Of an acceptable or fairly good standard.' - which is a fair categorisation a striker that has struggled to score goals or settle at a club for the past half-decade. 

4. Managers take punts on players, it doesn't mean they're good or bad. Just because Championship clubs paid fairly nominal fees for a player doesn't mean anything. I'm sure you're well aware that those managers also quickly stopped playing him or shipped him out on loan. 

5. At the same age, Maddison has contributed far more goals and assists than Bogle at this level. 

I have no idea why you're going down this line of questioning, I and many others have already said he'll make the team better.

If anything else confuses you just drop me a PM we don't pointlessly clog up the thread. 

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54481249

One player suggested on here, Will Keane, has gone to Wigan on short term contrast
  • J BLOCK said:
    Apart from Fosu 
    And Aiden mcgeady
    And Hemed and Kayal
  • Can imagine him banging a few in if Maddison starts whipping some in
  • Bogle and Aneke battling it out for that position, causing grief to defences and giving us a genuine physical presence in attack. If they scored 20+ between them then it works for me. Same goes for Washington and whoever we get to compete with him. 
    I don't think it will be much of a battle. I really don't see us ever getting much more than 20 good minutes a game out of Aneke unless something fundamental changes about him soon. He just doesn't seem to be able to maintain any level of fitness for us
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:
    Can all the bed wetters who moan about lack of rumours calm down now? No one predicted Bogle, so in future please note that if there aren't any rumours, it doesn't mean nothing is happening! 
    If you read back through the thread Bogle was mentioned on numerous occasions. However, it is a small pond we find ourselves fishing in.
  • Sage said:
    @Oggy Red told you we were really close to a signing... :smile: Bogle is a great signing at this level I think.
    Cheers @Sage. *thumbs up*

Who's the next signing tonight then? :wink:

• Shame about Gestede - would have been great but if he’s on big money then fair play. 
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Gestede not going to happen, we did speak with his reps but he wanted silly money ive heard
    Peeps on here have said he was on £30k pw at 'Boro......so taking a 90% pay cut might not have been on his agenda.
    Wasn't as high as that but double figures
  • BalladMan said:

And thats why he is free and Bonne was 2m.   Let's give him a chance to play in the bowyer way and then pass judgement. Taylor came in at 28, journeyman, and did really well.  Didn't end well, but who knows?

I like Bogle as a player and he will definitely make life hard for defenders, but this is not our 25 goal as season man. 
    That won't matter if Bogle's presence in the box and assists means another striker gets 25 goals.

• CAFCDAZ said:
    Ferryman said:
    Richard J said:
    Rochdale signing Bola on loan from Arsenal. 

Obviously he was one who went down the pecking order after the takeover. 
    Asked a friend who saw Brighton vs Arsenal U23 fixture - he did nothing of note in that particular game, didn't stand out at all.
    one player in the Arsenal U23 that would be a great signing is Balogun. 
    We wanted him (Balogun) but arsenal won't let him out. Has 1 Yr left on his deal and he won't commit to a new one. Open to selling him
  • Oggy Red said:
    BalladMan said:

And thats why he is free and Bonne was 2m.   Let's give him a chance to play in the bowyer way and then pass judgement. Taylor came in at 28, journeyman, and did really well.  Didn't end well, but who knows?

I like Bogle as a player and he will definitely make life hard for defenders, but this is not our 25 goal as season man. 
    That won't matter if Bogle's presence in the box and assists means another striker gets 25 goals.

Ok as long as we sign that 25 goal striker
  • edited October 2020
    Would have taken take Bogle a few seasons ago but now he's no better than Aneke for that 3rd spot.

With the Schwartz deal falling through and the killer wage cap we're casting a small net in a small river for that line leading forward, were looking at:

Champ 3rd/4th choice
    Top league one
    Best of league 2 and below
    Prem kid loan

The champ choice - would have to put career over money and probably take a 50% pay cut say, 10k down to 5k - not crazy to assume a younger back up would take that deal. 

Top league one - they'd have to really want to move to London and play for us and Bowyer, otherwise would they see moving themselves and family to a club with similar aims and stature for the same pay worthwhile?

Best of league 2 and Below - shouldn't be a problem with wages, bigger club, step up, promotion chasing, just have to find that player, and of course, hope they make the step up, probably not ideal as the main striker.

Prem loan - plenty of quality youngsters, two loanees up top wouldn't be great with recalls etc 

Have no doubt we'll still get the two forwards in, just not sure the perm will be as good (on paper) as Schwartz was.

Fcking wage cap...

SG obviously got my Email scout report. 

• edited October 2020
    So would Bostock be that other striker he couldn't get in last Jan? (well the on that was on loan at the club and refused to tear up his loan contract)?