Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• edited October 2020
    Oggy Red said:
    Martin Sandgaard has said there is still hope for Shwartz. 

“He’s got the paperwork in front of him”
    Where has he said this? Not questioning you just curious lol
    I asked him. He’s a streamer so you can easily contact him if you really wanted to. 

Schwartz didn’t sign the paperwork in the end unfortunately, we may go in for him in January apparently.
    Probably saw us play at the weekend & thought that with the  lack of chances created he could do better elsewhere. It's going to be hard attracting players when our midfield is so pedestrian, our set plays uninspiring & by 5pm Saturday we in the bottom 4.

But hey ho, I keep being told that we have list upon list of players, are forever drawing up lists of better players that we can now sign, and the 5 or 6 that we had lined up on takeover day are still itching to join us.
    You were saying

Lets face it, if we can get the right players in 8 points away from 2nd and 3rd and 9 points away from top with a game in hand is nothing with 42 games to play still.

People need to have a bit more faith and belief, have we had a great first 4 games no, but we are no where near a completed squad atm.

Paulie, Golfie was looking forward to wallowing in his misery with us in the bottom 4.

He's going to feel thoroughly thwarted ....... because it looks like we've risen to 17th without playing! :smile:

Oh yes, I'm overjoyed that we managed to stay out of the bottom 4 this afternoon 🤔. Our game in hand is only relevant if we win it, seeing as a draw takes us nowhere in the table - one that has both Accrington & Gillingham in the top 6 !!

Early days as you say, but we need to start picking up points asap.

You’ve always been a miserable git Golfie but now it’s seems you have become a WUM . It doesn’t suit you. 
  • So Pearce, Maddison, Gunter and Bogle all available for the next game when they have not yet played for us this season really. If we get in 3-4 more first teamers before next w/e it will be a very different team to what we have seen so far which will hopefully see very different results.
  • Sage said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Sage said:
    Richard J said:
    Bogle was a target in Jan but chose to go to Holland instead
    Bostock next? 
    That’s what I’m hoping for as a midfield addition.

Midfield of him, Watson, Gilbey and Maddison would be a real force in this league. That’s without everyone else to add in too. 
    We do need a cohesive midfield unit though ....... rather than a disparate collection of individually talented players.

Bostock and Watson played in the same midfield for Forest last season. Gilbey most definitely looks a team player, and Maddison is a genius at this level and I am sure Bow would get him working, he already showed a defensive awareness against Sunderland.

It may not be Bielik, Cullen, Aribo, and Williams, but it wouldn’t be far off in terms of quality, that’s for sure.
    Fair enough, @Sage. I'd be happy with that if it was successful.

I just remember the old adage that your 11 best players doesn't always make your best team.

Anyway, keep your hints and insights coming. I always look forward to reading them!

• edited October 2020
  • edited October 2020
    We have a game in hand and our position is due to playing with a team that are reduced from the team that was relegated last season.  New players that have come in have played one or two matches.

I am not going to start wetting my bed, I only just got the mattress dry from last season and I still have a rash.
  • Why does it feel like we have to rebuild our team from scratch every bloody season.
    Short term contracts
    Reliance on loan player
    Having good players that higher clubs want
  • Oggy Red said:
    Martin Sandgaard has said there is still hope for Shwartz. 

“He’s got the paperwork in front of him”
    Where has he said this? Not questioning you just curious lol
    I asked him. He’s a streamer so you can easily contact him if you really wanted to. 

Schwartz didn’t sign the paperwork in the end unfortunately, we may go in for him in January apparently.
    Probably saw us play at the weekend & thought that with the  lack of chances created he could do better elsewhere. It's going to be hard attracting players when our midfield is so pedestrian, our set plays uninspiring & by 5pm Saturday we in the bottom 4.

But hey ho, I keep being told that we have list upon list of players, are forever drawing up lists of better players that we can now sign, and the 5 or 6 that we had lined up on takeover day are still itching to join us.
    You were saying

Lets face it, if we can get the right players in 8 points away from 2nd and 3rd and 9 points away from top with a game in hand is nothing with 42 games to play still.

People need to have a bit more faith and belief, have we had a great first 4 games no, but we are no where near a completed squad atm.

Paulie, Golfie was looking forward to wallowing in his misery with us in the bottom 4.

He's going to feel thoroughly thwarted ....... because it looks like we've risen to 17th without playing! :smile:

Oh yes, I'm overjoyed that we managed to stay out of the bottom 4 this afternoon 🤔. Our game in hand is only relevant if we win it, seeing as a draw takes us nowhere in the table - one that has both Accrington & Gillingham in the top 6 !!

Early days as you say, but we need to start picking up points asap.

You’ve always been a miserable git Golfie but now it’s seems you have become a WUM . It doesn’t suit you. 
    Too be fair though, Beds ...... Golfie was specifically replying to my post in context.

Don't see him being a WUM there. He's just telling us as he sees it, the dark side. Keep 'em coming, Golfie. 

• Saw Pearce at Sparrows Lane today 
    Treatment or training.
  • Sponsored links:

Who else did you see?

Anyone on trial, having a medical, chatting with his agent to Lee and Steve? :wink:

Treatment or training.
    Driving his car out
    Cheers, so could be either ;)
  • AndyG said:
    I'm going to stick my head on the block and say we wont lose another 4 games this season.
    And I'm going to agree with you.
    The season starts next match
  • AndyG said:
    I'm going to stick my head on the block and say we wont lose another 4 games this season.
    I put a decent bet on us winning the league a few weeks ago with Bob's lot. Pleased to see they have now suspended anymore bets on us. They know what they are doing 😁😁
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Mo Eisa an unused sub today. There has been some interest in him in the past.
    We would love Mo, but his wages would be an issue is what I was told with the cap
    Or an owner who would bonus them if they reach the Championship. 
    If you think you are good enough, play for us.
  • edited October 2020
    Sage said:
    The other thing we have to consider now, and it relates to what @grumpyaddick has said, but now we have a stable ownership, we can start our transfer business early and we won’t have to rebuild the squad every summer. I can assure you Bow and Gallen are delighted at that. 

This must be the last time we play snakes and ladders and start at the bottom every season.
    Because of COVID-19 everybody's pre season was messed up but Cafc even more because of the mess off the field. A good pre season is vital in normal times.

From the next window onwards if not this window, we need better players brought in than they are replacing.

That happened when Chris Powell did major Surgery in League 1 and when Bowyer replaced Maguiness with Taylor and Grant came back to replace the flying winger Marshall.
  • AndyG said:
  • Sponsored links:

• Why does it feel like we have to rebuild our team from scratch every bloody season.
    Duchatalet.
  • AndyG said:
    You feeling alright Stevie
  • Any rumours?

These days you get more leaks from the Kremlin, than Sparrows Lane.

• AndyG said:
    I'm going to take another E and say we wont lose another 4 games this season.
    Fixed
    Haha thanks mate. But I seriously believe we will be really strong once we get back to playing
  • edited October 2020
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Mo Eisa an unused sub today. There has been some interest in him in the past.
    We would love Mo, but his wages would be an issue is what I was told with the cap
    He was right under our noses at Greenwich Borough ! Give him a 5 year contract and pay up front over 3 years to get around cap. 
  • This is a league where if you get the team strong enough, you can go on a great run quite easily. I don't fear any team in this league and nor should we. 
    That's coz you don't have to play them.
  • edited October 2020
    Who do you fear then? :)