Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• We could do with a utility player, backing up as RB. If the parent club is happy with a possible 15+ games being played.

@Cafc43v3r - excellent post there. Spot on for me.
  • SamE7 said:
    AndyG said:
    I'm going to stick my head on the block and say we wont lose another 4 games this season.
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Best laugh I've had all year. Even CP's Title winning team that got a record 101 points lost 5 games. So you are saying this current team has going to equal that one.

I'll stick my head in the block & say we will lose another 4 by xmas. £20 to the upbeats if we don't.

Unless LB pulls off the signing of the century by bringing in a striker that can score goals then somewhere between 7th & 12th is out best bet this season. 

Mate, I reckon you should up it £100, the irony of you and 'upbeat' in the same sentence is unreal

Haha I have to agree with the irony 😂
  • I mentioned Robbie Gotts the other day when @ShootersHillGuru asked about anyone from Leeds. Another player as I said, along with Simms and Davis, who caught my eye during lockdown along with a few others. Bielsa has apologised for not using him more as he believes he is a very good player, and has been on the bench loads for Leeds. Could see him going to Huddersfield, but would be a great signing for this level. 
  • Sage said:
    I mentioned Robbie Gotts the other day when @ShootersHillGuru asked about anyone from Leeds. Another player as I said, along with Simms and Davis, who caught my eye during lockdown along with a few others. Bielsa has apologised for not using him more as he believes he is a very good player, and has been on the bench loads for Leeds. Could see him going to Huddersfield, but would be a great signing for this level. 
    If he’s just a “steady Eddie” as suggested above is that really what we need in midfield?
  • AndyG said:
    I'm going to stick my head on the block and say we wont lose another 4 games this season.

Best laugh I've had all year. Even CP's Title winning team that got a record 101 points lost 5 games. So you are saying this current team has going to equal that one.

I'll stick my head in the block & say we will lose another 4 by xmas. £20 to the upbeats if we don't.

Unless LB pulls off the signing of the century by bringing in a striker that can score goals then somewhere between 7th & 12th is out best bet this season. 

£20 to the upbeats says we finish top 6 this season.

We are better than Karl Robinson’s teams and that’s with signings still be worked on
    You’ve lol’d this @wmcf123 does that mean you will take the bet?
    I will match the bet - 20 quid if we finish in the top 6
  • Scoham said:
    Sage said:
    I mentioned Robbie Gotts the other day when @ShootersHillGuru asked about anyone from Leeds. Another player as I said, along with Simms and Davis, who caught my eye during lockdown along with a few others. Bielsa has apologised for not using him more as he believes he is a very good player, and has been on the bench loads for Leeds. Could see him going to Huddersfield, but would be a great signing for this level. 
    If he’s just a “steady Eddie” as suggested above is that really what we need in midfield?
    Football is a game of opinions, I don’t believe he is just a steady Eddie, I think he can do a bit of everything. Good enough defensively to play in two roles, good enough offensively to get forward and also be a bit of a box to box type, good enough on the ball to be comfortable in midfield. I think steady Eddie is a bit of a poor and harsh description of him. 
  • What's wrong with a steady Eddie or two, particularly at the back?

Better than a showboating Shane or calamity Jane
    Cannot see any stats on those, where did you see the rumours grumps?
  • Sponsored links:

Better than a showboating Shane or calamity Jane. 
    They are the sort of players required for league 1.  If Maddison and Doughty can be the supply line then we just need a bloke to stick the ball in the net on a regular basis. 
  • Scoham said:
    Sage said:
    100% not in my opinion. If we are going to sign another midfielder they need to be an energetic box to box type. We have a few steady eddy types as it is. That being said, this guy might be a good player, so I guess if there’s room in the wage cap then you can never have too many good players, but I’d have thought he’d need to to a 5th or 6th ‘bonus’ signing. There are definitely higher priority gaps to fill in the squad. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

If this is correct we have a good chance. It’s no coincidence we get good midfield loan signings, Gallagher, Levitt, etc. What premier league manager would not want their young midfielders to learn from LB?

Nothing if he’s covering right back, but if he comes here to play central midfield we need something more.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

If this is correct we have a good chance. It’s no coincidence we get good midfield loan signings, Gallagher, Levitt, etc. What premier league manager would not want their young midfielders to learn from LB?
    I hope it's correct because it came straight from the player, who told the person that messaged me 
  • AndyG said:

I’m starting to think that supporting Charlton might not be for you Golfie.....
    I bet there's been times when dear old Golfie's thought that himself. I mean who hasn't?

But there's no escape. Every Addick knows that. Charlton 'til I die. 

• Scoham said:
    What's wrong with a steady Eddie or two, particularly at the back?

Nothing if he’s covering right back, but if he comes here to play central midfield we need something more.
    Leeds wouldn't send their player here to cover RB, knowing Chris Gunter is the man with the shirt.

They'd expect him to play, not be understudy.

• Sponsored links:

• The contracts for the new players are in years, so when do they expire in October? - which means after the transfer window has closed or at the end of the season whenever that is?
  • sam3110 said:
    The contracts for the new players are in years, so when do they expire in October? - which means after the transfer window has closed or at the end of the season whenever that is?
    They'll say years but in reality they will cover seasons and end June 30th
    That's what I think too.

• Oggy Red said:
    sam3110 said:
    The contracts for the new players are in years, so when do they expire in October? - which means after the transfer window has closed or at the end of the season whenever that is?
    That's what I think too.

Are we betting on it ending then...At this rate then the 1921/22 season will end in time for the World Cup 2022 in Qatar in winter. It would not surprise  me, or that a natural break will occur which may fit I  with Covid. 
    Well, nobody knows how things will pan out. That's a given.

But you still need some sort of structure, to draw a line in the sand even.
    Otherwise, at this point, nobody will have any basis from where to start and finish.

Last season, the contingency was to offer an additional month's contract after June 30th.
    It worked up to a point: some players accepted, some didn't, some were released anyway.

Enough of the guesswork. Let's ask the question: anyone close to a player/agent/club representative who could perhaps explain the current situation?

• edited October 2020
    We've got plenty of Welsh players but maybe we should look at a pal or two for Washington from the NI squad? Jordan Jones and Stuart Dallas are useful and not sure they are getting much club football.  The old salary cap would probably scupper us again, though. 
  • Sage said:
    We've got plenty of Welsh players but maybe we should look at a pal or two for Washington from the NI squad? Jordan Jones and Stuart Dallas are quite useful and not sure they are getting much club football.  The old salary cap would probably scupper us again, though. 
    I know you’re only making a suggestion, but Stuart Dallas? Never in a million years. Most used player in the Bielsa era for Leeds I believe. Plays him all over the pitch and has turned himself into a very, very good player.
    I bow to your superior knowledge- haven't been keeping that close an eye on Leeds line ups recently. Never mind!
  • sam3110 said:
    I wonder if contracts have been tweaked to include a clause covering unexpected extensions to the season? To avoid the problems we had with certain players...
  • Five more days.