Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• The only thing guaranteed is that whatever chump or hero we get you’ll have the give the 1 in 10 striker a chance or he’s ratio of 1 in 2 was in a lower league he’s pony 
    it’s what he does at Charlton that counts
    hopefully he’s over his injury problems
    hes played with whales 35 times 
    and fed sharks 
    remember Yann we’d never heard of him 
    Bonne scored 11 in the Championship last year 
    remember Nicky Ajose 
    in bowyer we trust 
    I’m just glad I’ve got a club to watch
    could be worse we could be palace millwall gillingham orient 
    load of shit we’re 17th in league one 
    in Thomas we trust

• The only thing guaranteed is that whatever chump or hero we get you’ll have the give the 1 in 10 striker a chance or he’s ratio of 1 in 2 was in a lower league he’s pony 
    and fed sharks 
    remember Nicky Ajose 
    in bowyer we trust 
    in Thomas we trust

And your point is
  • Addick_8 said:
    AndyG said:
    I'm going to stick my head on the block and say we wont lose another 4 games this season.
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Best laugh I've had all year. Even CP's Title winning team that got a record 101 points lost 5 games. So you are saying this current team has going to equal that one.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha 

I'll stick my head in the block & say we will lose another 4 by xmas. £20 to the upbeats if we don't.

Unless LB pulls off the signing of the century by bringing in a striker that can score goals then somewhere between 7th & 12th is out best bet this season. 

Jesus Christ, calm down mate. 
    Jesus didn't write that, Golfie did.  Although I admit it's easy to confuse the two.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

If this is correct we have a good chance. It’s no coincidence we get good midfield loan signings, Gallagher, Levitt, etc. What premier league manager would not want their young midfielders to learn from LB?
    I hope it's correct because it came straight from the player, who told the person that messaged me 
    Can't be easy reading your messages with all that chocolate ice cream on the screen! 
    Looks more like dog diarrhoea that chocolate ice cream.
  • People had a go at me because I expect to have a successful season. And I still do. I think we have enough more than decent players with more to come to mean that we should all be expecting it and not be making excuses in advance for not doing so.
    You mean like a salary cap, preventing us from bringing the players we actually want in? Yeah, that's just crazy talk isn't it..
  • Sponsored links:

• SamE7 said:
    People had a go at me because I expect to have a successful season. And I still do. I think we have enough more than decent players with more to come to mean that we should all be expecting it and not be making excuses in advance for not doing so.
    You mean like a salary cap, preventing us from bringing the players we actually want in? Yeah, that's just crazy talk isn't it..
    Yes, but we do have decent players in already and we need to see what happens this week. It certainly isn't ideal but we can still strengthen the squad.
  • You have got to wonder what the January Transfer window is going to look like for L1 and L2 clubs. 
    One in one out on the same wages ? Or will it only be U21's that will be incoming  ?
  • edited October 2020
    I think the cap needs refining as it surely disadvantages older players more than it disadvantages us in particular. The problem with football is that decisions are made around self interest rather than bettering the game. But these decisions go both ways depending on who is making them. 
  • Looking like the CB will be a permanent 

Suspect that the three loans will be a left back, midfielder ( winger)  and a striker  
  • January will be a quiet window for us. ☹️
  • edited October 2020
    A CB just become number one priority I suspect 

• The cap needs to be voted on every season IMO.  It seems unfair that we are subject to a cap that we didn't even get the chance to vote for or against?  At least I think it was voted on before we were relegated.
  • I think the cap needs refining as it surely disadvantages older players more than it disadvantages us in particular. The problem with football is that decisions are made around self interest rather than bettering the game. But these decisions go both ways depending on who is making them. 
    I can see why there is a cap - but you have got to wonder if there is a case for age descrimination, or restraint of trade here . If you are under 21 you can earn whatever someone will pay you but of you are over 21 it falls within a cap ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc-west said:
    The cap needs to be voted on every season IMO.  It seems unfair that we are subject to a cap that we didn't even get the chance to vote for or against?  At least I think it was voted on before we were relegated.
    It was voted after our relegation 
  • MattF said:
    cafc-west said:
    The cap needs to be voted on every season IMO.  It seems unfair that we are subject to a cap that we didn't even get the chance to vote for or against?  At least I think it was voted on before we were relegated.
    It was voted after our relegation 
    Ok thanks...didn't realise - I just thought we were subjected to it.
  • I’m not expecting miracles this week. A couple of signings that’ll make us more competitive maybe. And I expect the rest of the season to be a bit of a struggle, only helped by the fact that the bookies favourites like Sunderland aren’t all that. I’d love to be anywhere near the playoffs in fact. 

But if you’d offered me this scenario earlier in the year I’d have bitten your hand off. 
  • if if I was TS and had the will and funds, I would be splashing a bit of cash on 19 to 20 year olds from Prem/Championship academies, who are not quite making the cut there. Avoid the cap issue, basically. Am sure they must be thinking of this...
    Investing in young talent is the only way to circumvent the cap and is also good business for all selling clubs who want to grow transfer income - which should be what pretty much every club in the country apart from the biggest few should be doing.

However that change in strategy can't come at short notice. If it does the chances of signing duds rockets.

You need proper long term planning to work that model and you ideally need to look outside the UK as well to maximise the available talent pool and profitability. That's not going to happen now or probably in January either.
  • edited October 2020
    Here we go, in terms of picking up numerous injuries already. Gilbey, Pearce, Oshilaja out and all 3 are first team players for us. 2 injured mid/long term from training.
  • That is why we need a squad. I doubt many teams are injury free.
    and fed sharks 
    remember Nicky Ajose 
    in bowyer we trust 
    in Thomas we trust

And your point is
    There's no real point ...... it was 7.30 in the morning and OohAah was sitting on the bog reading Charlton Life as usual. :smile:

• Do we know if the salary cap is 100% here to stay? 
  • cafc-west said:
    August 7th.

Which is why most League One clubs more or less sorted out their squads before that date.
    Those that could pay bigger wages than the cap made sure they did so.