Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• We need at least one steady Eddie and two hooray Henrys. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Moo said:
    Need to get Phillips out the door to free up some wages. 
    Well......we don’t know what Thomas is prepared to lay out in the first instance?
    You seem to be talking as though we have to live the all to familiar ‘hand to mouth existence’ that we have for many a year.
    Without actually knowing the financial situation right now, I would like to think that we are in a considerably better situation than we have been of late and where as parting with Philips would indeed free up some money for salaries, do we really ‘need’ to do that......I’m not sure?
    We can only spend what we are allowed, it doesn't matter how much Thomas can or wants to spend. 
    I’m well aware of that, I am only suggesting that we no longer need to ‘panic’ to find the money  ..........for want of a better word.
    That's not the issue though. I don't think anyone believes we are panicking to find the money, but finding it isn't the problem so what Thomas is prepared to lay out is completely irrelevant. He might be interested in spending 2mil each on 5 players, but unless they are on peanuts or we shift a few it doesn't matter. 

I think the point with Phillips is that he is one player who at this moment in time is a complete waste of a wage. You can argue the same point with a few others, but the goalkeeper is the least likely position to be injured/rotated etc. So although it's only circa 2k a week, it's 2k a week we could use on a CB for example. So to answer the question, do we really need to do that, I think the answer is definitely yes. 
  • Paul Smyth of QPR linked by West London Sport. 

A striker. 
  • 2 CB's now required, 1 perm + 1 loan
    1 CF prem loan striker
    1 wide player (if possible)

going to be a long week
    I probably agree with the CB's. I'd try get one on loan until January. Although with Barker/Pratley able to play there I don't think it will happen. 
  • Richard J said:
    Paul Smyth of QPR linked by West London Sport. 

A striker. 
    roughly a 1 in 5.6 goalscoring records across all competitions. 1 assist every 9.8 games too.

Played 19 for Wycombe in League 1 last season. He scored 1 goal & got 2 assists 

In 18/19 season he played 15 for Accrington, scored 3 assisted 5.

• Dazzler21 said:
    IBWT. 
    I think there's treatment for that these days.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Moo said:
    Well......we don’t know what Thomas is prepared to lay out in the first instance?
    You seem to be talking as though we have to live the all to familiar ‘hand to mouth existence’ that we have for many a year.
    Without actually knowing the financial situation right now, I would like to think that we are in a considerably better situation than we have been of late and where as parting with Philips would indeed free up some money for salaries, do we really ‘need’ to do that......I’m not sure?
    We can only spend what we are allowed, it doesn't matter how much Thomas can or wants to spend. 
    I’m well aware of that, I am only suggesting that we no longer need to ‘panic’ to find the money  ..........for want of a better word.
    But we are paying Dillion 2k a week to do nothing.  It doesn't matter how much we have, or haven't got, we can't spend that money elsewhere.   Unless I have misunderstood the squad definition and we could not name him in our 22?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Moo said:
    But we are paying Dillion 2k a week to do nothing.  It doesn't matter how much we have, or haven't got, we can't spend that money elsewhere.   Unless I have misunderstood the squad definition and we could not name him in our 22?
    I don't know for sure, but I'd assume that's only for the squad we submit for the competition? These rules are only to comply with the EFL, the club's staff members and the players we submit for the competition are two different things.
  • Sponsored links:

• Addick_8 said:
    AndyG said:
    I'm going to stick my head on the block and say we wont lose another 4 games this season.
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Best laugh I've had all year. Even CP's Title winning team that got a record 101 points lost 5 games. So you are saying this current team has going to equal that one.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha 

I'll stick my head in the block & say we will lose another 4 by xmas. £20 to the upbeats if we don't.

Unless LB pulls off the signing of the century by bringing in a striker that can score goals then somewhere between 7th & 12th is out best bet this season. 

Jesus Christ, calm down mate. 
    Jesus didn't write that, Golfie did.  Although I admit it's easy to confuse the two.

The difference is Jesus walked on water,
    Where Golfie hits his golf ball into water.
  • edited October 2020
    if if I was TS and had the will and funds, I would be splashing a bit of cash on 19 to 20 year olds from Prem/Championship academies, who are not quite making the cut there. Avoid the cap issue, basically. Am sure they must be thinking of this...

Agree, I'm shaken and stirred by your comments, 007.
    Instead of constantly losing our best teenagers, use the skill of Steve Avory and co to get the vast talents that aren't going to make it initially at premiership clubs.

There will be failures but coming into a League 1 club will be easier than a Championship club.
  • I’m guessing it’s going to take 3-4 transfers to fix the squad, big doses of patience needed matron.
  • Paul Smyth is 5'4, him and Oztumer will have to sit and watch all the big boys on the rides on the Thorpe Park team social 
  • Paul Smyth is 5'4, him and Oztumer will have to sit and watch all the big boys on the rides on the Thorpe Park team social 
    Aneke & Bogle vs Oztumer and Smyth in training... 
  • I should imagine that a number of clubs will cancel contracts before the window closes, thus making the player a free agent, I no offers come in for them.
  • edited October 2020
    Richard J said:

A striker. 
    What again?
    He was on our list 2 seasons ago.
    I know beggars can't be choosers, but it's a no from me.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2020
    Richard J said:

A striker. 
    What again?
    He was on our list last season.
    January 2019 before we sold Grant was the only time he was linked I thought?
  • I think I have a new favourite golfaddick post
  • The article mentions a Charlie Kelman going from Southen end to QPR. He is only 18 and I would rather hi-Jack that deal. Scored 7 in 19 which is very good in a relegation side. Only 18 so we would be able to buy and keep even with the CAP.
    Swansea were interested, but perhaps Southend need the money now. I would prefer to be building a squad than loans.
    Not sure if he would join us over a Championship side, but at least he would play games with us.
  • The Paul Smyth rumour has to be a non starter.
    How do you only score 1 goal in 19 at Wycombe when they get promoted if you are a striker ?

Bless Josh Parker for his work rate but I never want to see a non scoring forward/striker at Cafc in the tenure of TS.

A winger with 18 assists would be acceptable, but number 9's and a strike partner have to score goals. 
  • The Paul Smyth rumour has to be a non starter.
    How do you only score 1 goal in 19 at Wycombe when they get promoted if you are a striker ?

Bless Josh Parker for his work rate but I never want to see a non scoring forward/striker at Cafc in the tenure of TS.

A winger with 18 assists would be acceptable, but number 9's and a strike partner have to score goals. 
    I think you can have a striker like that as long as others are scoring. Bogle and Aneke will be a handful but probably not score tons and so we really don't need to add another non scoring striker. 
  • MattF said:
    I reckon it's a re-hash of old news. QPR has brought in new signings and Smyth is available.
    Local journalists need a story and remembered there was interest from Charlton in last January's window.

Bowyer, after Bogle was signed, said he's looking for a nippy striker on loan.
    My take is Bowyer is looking to bring in a young quality prospect from a Prem club, hungry to make his mark.

And he ideally needs to be under 21 or his parent club willing to pay his wage.