Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• edited October 2020
  • We seem to have full backs waiting to sign, leaving a RCB, midfiielder and 2 strikers to find. I personally think the midfielder position is less important and could wait until the next window. If Schwartz had signed some on here maybe more relaxed as we wouldn't  have to find 2 from this country and 1 probably needs to be  a 20+ goal scorer, not going to be easy with the salary cap. However, I remain confident that business will be done before next Friday, and even if it isn't we still have a club to support and I certainly wasn't confident of that a couple of weeks ago.
  • I mean, yeah, a RCB even is MUCH more of a priority than a midfielder. Frees up Big Darren Pratley to do his large box-to-box thing too ;)
  • mendonca said:
    We should be glad Schwartz did not decide to come if heart was not into it. We would have just seen another Leon Clarke, Leon Best, Tresor Kandol.
    Dont... I'm getting emotional at the memories flooding back

Their performances made me cry enough as it is
    What was wrong with Kandol? Thought he was decent for us
  • "Hey Albie, you know how you played well against Brighton and showed you're learning some lessons about work-rate and all? And you know how you ought to be getting regular first-team action now? Well I have good news and bad news. The good news is that Alex is injured for five weeks. The bad news is that we listened to the moaning minnies of Charlton Life who wanted us to sign an eleventh first-team squad midfielder and signed some big bloke from a League Two side who'll play in your stead. He can't pass the ball very well but he does run around a lot. Yes I know Darren can do that too, but since we spent the wages that were meant to be for another centre-back on a midfielder, he has to play there instead. Sozzles!"
  • "Oh and you're a midget."
  • Leuth said:
    "Oh and you're a midget."
    Dwarfist 
  • edited October 2020
    "Thankfully, Albs, I like to play with 3 CM's in either my preferred diamond or the fancy new 433 with that Maddison chap wide right, Watson who I didn't sign for no reason sitting deeper, Alex to one side once back from a lengthily injury and match fit again and the big bloke I signed on loan from a prem team because we can actually do that on the other side, you get your place on the bench alongside the welsh Pirlo Levitt. Dont worry about JFC hes training at KFC and goal machine Jonny is my no. 10 still."
  • " oh, have you ever heard of miracle gro?"
  • Sponsored links:

• "Hey Dylan? You know how you're one of United's rising talents and have already played a full international for a decent country? Well, it turns out you're a midget, and you played too many loose passes against Sunderland when you just had Conor to aim at, so we've signed another loan CM to play instead of you. He'll also be ahead of Jonny, Erhun, Albie, James, Jake and George. You might get a gig while Alex is injured but watch out - as soon as he's fit, you're back on the bench! By the way, this new CM is Matt Smith."
  • I'm sure that there must be a way around this bloody wage cap problem.

For example:

Ask the selling club to pay the player a 'farewell bonus' and then buy something irrelevant like a car from said club for the same amount.

Buy a house for the player to live in for free with the agreement that he gets the house for free at the end of the contract.

Allow players to claim extortionate expenses on away days.

Buy free holidays for players.

I realise that my ideas may not be legally possible but surely there must be a loophole somewhere.
    If we've got the money and we want the player then pay a legal team to sort it out.
  • The loophole I can see, is where players sign endorsements or sponsorships for things that are paid by a 3rd party agency, thus not coming under the wage cap element. 

TS could set up a shell company that pays players monthly a monthly fee for a made up sponsorship or endorsement deal that has nothing to do with CAFC. 

• Funny how so many fans are now keen for us to bend the rules/outright cheat when it's to our advantage, when they were up in arms about Derby and Sheff W doing the same to our disadvantage.
    Slight difference, they made false claims to get around FFP, and in one case potentially made a fraudlant claim on issued club accounts
  • edited October 2020
    LB "Welcome to the Midfielders Guild young man.  Now Williams, jump up on Otzumers shoulders and shake hands with Dave..."
  • The loophole I can see, is where players sign endorsements or sponsorships for things that are paid by a 3rd party agency, thus not coming under the wage cap element. 

TS could set up a shell company that pays players monthly a monthly fee for a made up sponsorship or endorsement deal that has nothing to do with CAFC. 

Wasn't this what ultimately caught Saracens in the end? Dodgy companies with the owner and players? 
  • Funny how so many fans are now keen for us to bend the rules/outright cheat when it's to our advantage, when they were up in arms about Derby and Sheff W doing the same to our disadvantage.
    True but if the wage cap were done fairly then I wouldn't be saying it.

Surely a wage cap has to be based on attendance figures, turnover or suchlike. There isn't even any London weighting! It's a nonsense. 
  • edited October 2020
    I'm sure that there must be a way around this bloody wage cap problem.

For example:

Ask the selling club to pay the player a 'farewell bonus' and then buy something irrelevant like a car from said club for the same amount.

Buy a house for the player to live in for free with the agreement that he gets the house for free at the end of the contract.

I realise that my ideas may not be legally possible but surely there must be a loophole somewhere.
    If we've got the money and we want the player then pay a legal team to sort it out.
    The obvious one to me is to employ his wife/WAG/whatever as his PA.  Get paid big salaries decent PAs...
  • Sponsored links:

For example:

I was thinking this the other day, in the past clubs used to own houses that players were able to live in (though not given for free at the end of the contract :-) ). Although I guess these days a simple 2 up 2 down would only be suitable for the servants & bitches.
  • LB "Welcome to the Mildfielders Guild young man.  Now Williams, jump up on Otzumers shoulders and shake hands with Dave..."
    Is that for the meek among us ?
    Dammit,  flat fingers!

For example:

I was thinking this the other day, in the past clubs used to own houses that players were able to live in (though not given for free at the end of the contract :-) ). Although I guess these days a simple 2 up 2 down would only be suitable for the servants & bitches.
    Has anyone bought Lyle Taylor's house yet  ;)
  • LB "Welcome to the Mildfielders Guild young man.  Now Williams, jump up on Otzumers shoulders and shake hands with Dave..."
    Is that for the meek among us ?
    Blessed are the cheesemongers...
  • MarcusH26 said:
    The loophole I can see, is where players sign endorsements or sponsorships for things that are paid by a 3rd party agency, thus not coming under the wage cap element. 

Wasn't this what ultimately caught Saracens in the end? Dodgy companies with the owner and players? 
    Indeed it was. So scrap that 
  • Leuth said:
    ACTUAL RUMOUR 

David Onkey from Sheffield Something (loan) 

6'6 Onkey is said to be 'the largest young talent at Something since Chris Logger'. A loping central midfielder, Onkey is said to be able to 'be in both boxes at different times of the game'. His ball skills are said to be 'average at best, but he is well good at headering' according to Twitter user FanTransferCentral27. He would slip seamlessly into Charlton's central area, ruining at least three of his teammates' developments. Said to be a 'disciplinary risk', but 'he'll really please the bloke in the crowd (remember, from the Before Times) who'd yell BREAK HIS FUCKING LEGS whenever the oppo winger had it'. Onkey is expected to sign a loan agreement with an option to sign in January, so long as Bowyer promises him the captaincy. 
    AHH. That bloke was my dad....
  • Also here I am content. I sat down on the shutter opening Charlton life, wondering if there were any developments in terms of possible transfers.

261 unread comments later my thighs have gone dead and the missus is shouting upstairs am I done yet.

The answer is yes and there are exactly zero development on players. I somewhat wish I had spent this time playing some poor corruption of Tetris on my phone.
  • Alternatively, if we do really have the money, we could blatently break the rules, pay what we like, betting on going straight up and take the punishment.

After all, I would be happy starting on minus 12 in the Championship like the mob that cheated us.

For example:

a teams Chairman bought the team a McDonald’s on the way back from an away game and that was against the rules. I’m sure it will be challenged at some point but in the meantime it is what it is.