Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• My hope is we're going to pull of a surprise transfer. A few loans of Gallagher, Cullen Bielik quality shouldn't be beyond us now we finally have an owner who cares 
    Especially know that we can pay some of the wages, which is why we lost Gallagher
  • ross1 said:
    My hope is we're going to pull of a surprise transfer. A few loans of Gallagher, Cullen Bielik quality shouldn't be beyond us now we finally have an owner who cares 
    Especially know that we can pay some of the wages, which is why we lost Gallagher
    Won't be too sorry though if we're not looking at anymore loans from Chelsea 
  • My hope is we're going to pull of a surprise transfer. A few loans of Gallagher, Cullen Bielik quality shouldn't be beyond us now we finally have an owner who cares 
    But wouldn't the likes Gallagher, Cullen & Bielik have been on much higher wages. I wonder if the new cap will sadly impact on players coming to league one, that might otherwise have been happy to, if the money was similar to championship. Now the difference is so vast, I doubt we will see the same quality of players being loaned to league one clubs, unless the owner club subsidises to meet the cap. 
  • Just sent Gallen an email to point him in the direction of Marquis wiki page and tell him he is a striker at Pompey who may or may not do well for us.
    Our Chief Scout Jontathan Ackworth did this 2 years ago. 
  • ButtleJR said:
    Just heard from Thomas that Schwartz was down to the last minute, which frustrated them.  But, they'll be continuing with some "good signings" according to the man himself 👍
    TS starting to sound like MS now..........actions speak louder than words.
    Agreed - get Elliotttttttt back ASAP. 
  • So assuming Gunter and the Burnley LB are done deals then one CB, One large box to box midfielder and 2 strikers = 4 new players in 8-9 days... Get those ones right and we will look ok.
  • Chunes said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Just heard from Thomas that Schwartz was down to the last minute, which frustrated them.  But, they'll be continuing with some "good signings" according to the man himself 👍
    There has to be zero percent chance you actually mean that, so I do appreciate the self parody 
    What I'm saying is that the takeover was greeted (quite rightly) with ticker tape & a fanfare. Bowyer said on that Friday that the transfer embargo had been lifted & he was so relieved as he had 5 or 6 deals all lined up & ready to go. 

12 days have passed since then & what has actually happened ?  We signed a player on loan (which Norwich might be paying all the wages for & therefore the EFL might have allowed it even with the embargo in place) We have then signed Watson & Maddison on frees so no actual monetary outlay. No idea of their wages & I personally think they would be £3k-£5k per week.....but we have no real idea. To counter that Bonne has left for c£2m so that has effectively balanced out one of the wages (and put coffers into the club to keep the EFL happy). I would imagine he was on a lot less than either of the 2 aforementioned frees, but again we don't know that. All I do know is that we have brought in 2 permanent players & let 1 go......with £2m coming in & nothing going out. That is hardly the sign of an owner pushing the boat out. We were also told by quite well ITK's that Schwartz had signed & it was a done deal. Until it wasnt.

Then there is the ongoing saga of a right back. Matthews is here training with us throughout the embargo - that is lifted & every assumes that he will be the one of the first signings - but now he is not around anymore. We are then told that Bowyer is looking at Chris Gunter & according to the BBC he signed for us last Friday - but still nothing. 

Now, I'm not one for conspiracy theories & I don't believe for a minute we have been duped, or deceived or even slightly mislead. What I am saying is that as I type what has been said by both TS & LB currently hasn't materialised. I'm sure none of us have forgotten MS's super dupa deal phone. Currently the only difference between that regime & this is that Maddison has actually signed for us in this window. The rest is all just talk. 
    Keep digging that hole of yours.
  • Sponsored links:

• Signing exceptional players whilst having to contend with a wage gap is an incredibly difficult thing to do, I'd have thought.  Factor in all the other clubs not hindered by the cap being able to outbid you and the added uncertainties caused by the pandemic and it is an almost impossible task.

Expecting instant miracles is simply unrealistic.

I have faith that TS, SG, LB will improve our squad, but it's not like you can flick a switch and it's done.

Patience is a virtue and we as a fanbase need to start showing it....let's not act like spoilt children.
  • "Sorry Alex but now you're fit again there's no place in the team for you, because we signed a large box to box midfielder instead of another striker"
  • I've heard Da Do Do Da Da Dodoo is having a medical as we speak.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    ButtleJR said:
    There has to be zero percent chance you actually mean that, so I do appreciate the self parody 
    What I'm saying is that the takeover was greeted (quite rightly) with ticker tape & a fanfare. Bowyer said on that Friday that the transfer embargo had been lifted & he was so relieved as he had 5 or 6 deals all lined up & ready to go. 

12 days have passed since then & what has actually happened ?  We signed a player on loan (which Norwich might be paying all the wages for & therefore the EFL might have allowed it even with the embargo in place) We have then signed Watson & Maddison on frees so no actual monetary outlay. No idea of their wages & I personally think they would be £3k-£5k per week.....but we have no real idea. To counter that Bonne has left for c£2m so that has effectively balanced out one of the wages (and put coffers into the club to keep the EFL happy). I would imagine he was on a lot less than either of the 2 aforementioned frees, but again we don't know that. All I do know is that we have brought in 2 permanent players & let 1 go......with £2m coming in & nothing going out. That is hardly the sign of an owner pushing the boat out. We were also told by quite well ITK's that Schwartz had signed & it was a done deal. Until it wasnt.

Then there is the ongoing saga of a right back. Matthews is here training with us throughout the embargo - that is lifted & every assumes that he will be the one of the first signings - but now he is not around anymore. We are then told that Bowyer is looking at Chris Gunter & according to the BBC he signed for us last Friday - but still nothing. 

Now, I'm not one for conspiracy theories & I don't believe for a minute we have been duped, or deceived or even slightly mislead. What I am saying is that as I type what has been said by both TS & LB currently hasn't materialised. I'm sure none of us have forgotten MS's super dupa deal phone. Currently the only difference between that regime & this is that Maddison has actually signed for us in this window. The rest is all just talk. 
    Matthews and Schwartz were most likely 2 of those deals, it's not Bowyer's fault they decided against joining.

So far we've signed 3 good players for league one level. 3 good players that almost certainly would not have signed if TS hadn't taken over.

Gunter may well join us, but we know he's currently on international duty with Wales. Perhaps the club don't want to announce it until he's been down and done the usual photo shoot in the kit?

What you also fail to mention is that Bowyer has also stated that they're trying to keep any news of potential new signings under the radar, probably so they don't get offered better deals elsewhere. So panicking that we've heard no rumours is pointless. Famewo joined completely without anyones knowledge, and Maddison was only really properly linked on the day he signed.

If our lack of signings so far (in a week when we don't even have a game) annoys you that much, you should probably just log off for a few days and come back on deadline day. Moaning on here daily as though Gallen and Bowyer are sitting around doing fuck all isn't going to make signings arrive any quicker. 

Lastly comparing Sandgaard to Southall is probably the most ridiculous thing you've ever posted. One guy will take this club forward, the other was a fucking parasite.
    Playing devil's advocate but a lot of people said

"Lastly comparing Southall to Roland is probably the most ridiculous thing anyone ever posted.  One guy will take this club forward, the other was a fucking parasite" 
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    @golfaddick So your entire issue is that we haven't got more business wrapped up sooner. Ok.

So often your posts, when you go back and explain them, are nothing like your original inflammatory remark. I really do think you just trawl the net for a reaction.

To give you a response, we have many days left, we can only judge at the end of the window. 
    No, my issue is that we have been told one thing and delivered something else.

Its all well & good people saying "but the 5 or 6 deals LB had lined up has now changed because we can do better..." but where are those better players ? Are we going to get into the situation where next Friday comes along & we are scrabbling around to sign another Josh Parker because not only could we not sign the "better" player but the original one on the list has gone elsewhere (like Matthews). Sometimes a bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush.

And I agree, we can only judge come next Friday. But I'm preparing myself to be underwhelmed by the quality (or not) of the loanees that we we undoubtably will eventually sign. 
    But you seemed to be blaming TS for things Bowyer said? It was LB who said we have 5 or 6 lined up ready to go. Nobody sure what happened there. 

Reading Bowyer's quotes recently, it's pretty clear that they do have money to spend but with the wage cap it's not that helpful. They are getting offered a lot of players every day and they want to make sure they get the best ones. No point getting a player today if a better one will be offered a few days later. That's what he said. 

Clearly they are willing to be patient which means we will have to be, too. 
    I'm not blaming TS for what Bowyer said, quite the opposite. I started my post earlier by answering something someone said about speaking to TS him saying something about good signings to come (cant be arsed to go back 4 pages to find it). 

I will do as has been suggested & won't bother posting for a while. Don't see why I should but hey ho......you all go enjoy yourselves.
  • High Court endorsed Football League World have come up with a few names they suggest we could sign

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/3-free-agents-still-available-that-charlton-athletic-could-sign-to-bolster-their-squad/

• edited October 2020
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    @golfaddick So your entire issue is that we haven't got more business wrapped up sooner. Ok.

So often your posts, when you go back and explain them, are nothing like your original inflammatory remark. I really do think you just trawl the net for a reaction.

To give you a response, we have many days left, we can only judge at the end of the window. 
    No, my issue is that we have been told one thing and delivered something else.

Its all well & good people saying "but the 5 or 6 deals LB had lined up has now changed because we can do better..." but where are those better players ? Are we going to get into the situation where next Friday comes along & we are scrabbling around to sign another Josh Parker because not only could we not sign the "better" player but the original one on the list has gone elsewhere (like Matthews). Sometimes a bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush.

And I agree, we can only judge come next Friday. But I'm preparing myself to be underwhelmed by the quality (or not) of the loanees that we we undoubtably will eventually sign. 
    But you seemed to be blaming TS for things Bowyer said? It was LB who said we have 5 or 6 lined up ready to go. Nobody sure what happened there. 

Reading Bowyer's quotes recently, it's pretty clear that they do have money to spend but with the wage cap it's not that helpful. They are getting offered a lot of players every day and they want to make sure they get the best ones. No point getting a player today if a better one will be offered a few days later. That's what he said. 

Clearly they are willing to be patient which means we will have to be, too. 
    I'm not blaming TS for what Bowyer said, quite the opposite. I started my post earlier by answering something someone said about speaking to TS him saying something about good signings to come (cant be arsed to go back 4 pages to find it). 

I will do as has been suggested & won't bother posting for a while. Don't see why I should but hey ho......you all go enjoy yourselves.
    Yeah he said we're looking at good signings. You would hope so. Not quite the same as saying in a press conference and video "There will be marquee signings." Making Man City business plan comparisons. And then whipping out a supa dupa phone and starting a social media competition when under a transfer embargo. He just said "good signings." And did he even say it in public? He seemed to say it in a private chat with a fan. 
  • I've heard Da Do Do Da Da Dodoo is having a medical as we speak.
    Is he the guy we had from Rangers a few years ago?