Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• seth plum said:
    I haven't read everything on this thread. But I think I read we were prepared to pay 2.5 million for Schwartz.
    If true that is pretty astonishing in itself.
    I think that might have been Danish Krone!
    Yeah it was
  • AndyG said:
    seth plum said:
    I haven't read everything on this thread. But I think I read we were prepared to pay 2.5 million for Schwartz.
    2.5m in danish mate not £
    About £300k
  • MattF said:
    Do BBC Sport know something that we don't or have they fallen into the done deal trap

Well, something has happened, it has been on wiki for the last week,now
    i know that wiki can be edited apparently easily, but must be done deal
    waiting for next week
  • MattF said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Just heard from Thomas that Schwartz was down to the last minute, which frustrated them.  But, they'll be continuing with some "good signings" according to the man himself 👍
    TS starting to sound like MS now..........actions speak louder than words.
    Of course TS is starting to sound like MS, Southall was attempting to sound like a competent football executive to fool everyone
    Apart from the fact that we're not actually under an embargo anymore so he must be doing something honest?
  • edited October 2020
    ButtleJR said:
    Just heard from Thomas that Schwartz was down to the last minute, which frustrated them.  But, they'll be continuing with some "good signings" according to the man himself 👍
    There has to be zero percent chance you actually mean that, so I do appreciate the self parody 
  • seth plum said:
    Same as Jeffers.  It's the permanent, unchanging going rate for foxes in boxes apparently.
  • Sponsored links:

• AndyG said:
    seth plum said:
    2.5m in danish mate not £
    £300K.
  • Press are saying wilshire to rangers almost certain
  • edited October 2020
    Just sent Gallen an email to point him in the direction of Marquis wiki page and tell him he is a striker at Pompey who may or may not do well for us.
    I’ve just done better than that, I’ve just emailed gallen introducing him to ackworth
    That’s a bit unnecessary. I’m sure Gallen already gets a weekly scouting report from JA. 
  • LTKapal said:
    Press are saying wilshire to rangers almost certain
    So, one more off the list then ;)
  • edited October 2020
    We should be glad Schwartz did not decide to come if heart was not into it. We would have just seen another Leon Clarke, Leon Best, Tresor Kandol.
  • MattF said:
    Do BBC Sport know something that we don't or have they fallen into the done deal trap

Rhys Norrington-Davies has to be the poshest footballers name ever.

Bloke should surely be playing polo or competing in Equestrian at the Olympics.
    Was born in Saudi Arabia and went to Royal Russell School so bet his parents agree with you
  • mendonca said:
    We should be glad Schwartz did not decide to come if heart was not into it. We would have just seen another Leon Clarke, Leon Best, Tresor Kandol.
    Dont... I'm getting emotional at the memories flooding back

Their performances made me cry enough as it is
  • Sponsored links:

• MattF said:

Well, something has happened, it has been on wiki for the last week,now
    i know that wiki can be edited apparently easily, but must be done deal
    waiting for next week

I can edit Wikipedia Leo Messi to play for us, doesn't mean it's true.. It's a hugely useful tool but you can't take everything there as gospel due to anyone being able to edit it.
  • I think the time to panic is if we haven't signed a credible striker by this time next week
  • Leuth said:
    I think the time to panic is if we haven't signed a credible striker by this time next week
    It's not as if we need just the one, we need two.

Can see us getting one by early next week and then another going right to deadline day.
  • edited October 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    JamesSeed said:
    SamE7 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Joe Gelhardt at Leeds, 18 year old striker, signed a 4 year contract this summer but not in current plans so perfect for a loan.
    Was at Wigan last year and played in a fair few Championship matches (albeit just a handful of minutes each week usually).
    Called up to England u19s this week. He has been involved with the younger age groups for the past 3/4 years, including captaining the u18s.

Wigan fan I was talking to today believes he has what it takes to be a Premier League starter in a couple of years.
    They would love him back for the season.
    Apparently Leeds were ideally looking to send him out to a Championship club but haven’t had any takers yet.

This Wigan fan believes a number of League One clubs have shown interest.
    No idea if we were one of those clubs but thought I’d post it anyway.
    There’s been a few good suggestions on this thread, such as this guy, and Everton’s Ellis. I’m pretty sure Gallen would be aware of every name that pops up on here, as they must pour over the squad lists, but does anyone on here ever email suggestions to him, just in case? 
    I wouldn't expect Steve Gallen to email me suggestions on how to do my job. This goes into Ackworth territory
    I’m sure scouts get tons on tip-offs from all over the place; school football coaches, works teams, friends, old timers who watch park football etc etc, but I guess when you’re talking about League squad players surplus to requirements, then yes I guess that’d be Ackworth level annoying (sorry JA). 
    There is a tip off and there is telling a director of football that the top goal scorer in the premier league U23s is quite good. 
    Nicely put. So I’ll be ok tipping off Gallen about a kid I saw playing Saturday football in Garratt Park, Earlsfield, then. 👍
  • edited October 2020
    Remember it’s been said that Bowyer is trying to keep targets out of the press. If it gets out other teams might get involved and the wage demands go up. Though it’s frustrating for us it’s best to just wait and see and trust Bowyer and Gallen.
    It wouldn't be a bad idea to spread a few baseless rumours on here to throw our rivals off the scent. For all we know the ITK crowd over on the naughty step have been doing just that.
  • Leuth said:
    I think the time to panic is if we haven't signed a credible striker by this time next week
    Got to be something done by this Friday surely  ;)

•  I don't  think Marquis would touch Charlton anyway.
    Brought up in Downham, I think he would certainly consider it.
    On Millwall's books at one time and insulted by Charlton Dan's,  I doubt it .
    I thought it was just one kid insulting him?  And how do you know they’re both called Dan?
  • ButtleJR said:
    Sometimes it’s funny, sometimes it’s irritating. This one, you’re trying to hard.
  • My hope is we're going to pull of a surprise transfer. A few loans of Gallagher, Cullen Bielik quality shouldn't be beyond us now we finally have an owner who cares