Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• edited October 2020
    With Maddison whipping the crosses in I think Marquis is a great option, not sure he'd want to join us though and imagine his wages are massive 
  • Marquis is a cry baby, and he was pants against us, and he would cost too much. We need to sign players that are hungry and cheap, that fit into the way we want to play, not just a "name"
  • Listen to the Sam's.
  • I think Marquis would be a decent option but he is probably on a fair bit more than £2k. I think one of the general issues with the salary cap is the few high end League One players on more than £2k. If they are to be transferred to another League One club, they have to take a pay cut. This can apply to some Championship players too.

What the cap should have allowed IMO was a player being transferred on the same wage they are currently on. Whatever that wage may be. Ultimately, this will drive wages down in League One and whilst some may say that is a good thing, I doubt that some will be players. 
  • T_C_E said:
    SamE7 said:
    THERE ARE 10.5 DAYS LEFT UNTIL THE DOMESTIC WINDOW SHUTS (if anyone wasn't aware). How do some of you get through your day to day lives?!
    👍👍

@blackpool72 in his younger days. 
  • SamE7 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Joe Gelhardt at Leeds, 18 year old striker, signed a 4 year contract this summer but not in current plans so perfect for a loan.
    Was at Wigan last year and played in a fair few Championship matches (albeit just a handful of minutes each week usually).
    Called up to England u19s this week. He has been involved with the younger age groups for the past 3/4 years, including captaining the u18s.

Wigan fan I was talking to today believes he has what it takes to be a Premier League starter in a couple of years.
    They would love him back for the season.
    Apparently Leeds were ideally looking to send him out to a Championship club but haven’t had any takers yet.

This Wigan fan believes a number of League One clubs have shown interest.
    No idea if we were one of those clubs but thought I’d post it anyway.
    There’s been a few good suggestions on this thread, such as this guy, and Everton’s Ellis. I’m pretty sure Gallen would be aware of every name that pops up on here, as they must pour over the squad lists, but does anyone on here ever email suggestions to him, just in case? 
    I wouldn't expect Steve Gallen to email me suggestions on how to do my job. This goes into Ackworth territory
    I’m sure scouts get tons on tip-offs from all over the place; school football coaches, works teams, friends, old timers who watch park football etc etc, but I guess when you’re talking about League squad players surplus to requirements, then yes I guess that’d be Ackworth level annoying (sorry JA). 
  • Dont want Marquis...massively over rated.
  • Sponsored links:

• T_C_E said:
    SamE7 said:
    THERE ARE 10.5 DAYS LEFT UNTIL THE DOMESTIC WINDOW SHUTS (if anyone wasn't aware). How do some of you get through your day to day lives?!
    👍👍

@blackpool72 in his younger days. 
    Sadly not, that is me, with my new 'lockdown' beard just a few weeks ago!! Never let go of the glass though!!
  • edited October 2020
    Not totally against Marquis, but not really for him either.  I've seen him from a young age at Millwall.  Apart from l1 penalty box poaching his main attribute is in the air.  I just never saw his potential for the Championship.  His running inbetween defenders is not really up to Bowyer's needs.

If we got him  it could be done as a loan, with a fee and cover some of his wages.  Personally not for me and not sure Jackett is looking to move him, albeit he's just dropped him: Wasn't doing very well for Pompey in a side struggling to score.
  • mendonca said:

Sandgaard: ‘There will be less stress and drama at Charlton (Life) now’

Okay, I made up the bit in brackets!
    Really, i think you made up the bit about LESS,  ;)
  • Centre Back we should definitely consider is Connor Ogilvie from Gillingham. - too good for League 1 - ex Spurs and would be good addition. 
    I’d go with Jack Turner from Gillingham. 20 years old so salary cap would not apply. He’s had Champiosnhip interest so would be a coup
  • Centre Back we should definitely consider is Connor Ogilvie from Gillingham. - too good for League 1 - ex Spurs and would be good addition. 
    Could be a good shout 
  • edited October 2020
    Do people realise that, if we wanted to sign him, we can offer Marquis (or anyone else we are interested in) more than £2K a week, perhaps significantly more? We just need to balance it against what we offer any other potential signings to ensure our ultimate total salary/bonus/agents payments comes to less than £2.5M.
  • If we are serious about signing a top class striker I would like to see us keep our efforts firmly focused on Central Jutland.
  • Sponsored links:

• Has Marquis actually been linked with us? 
  • If we are serious about signing a top class striker I would like to see us keep our efforts firmly focused on Central Jutland.
    Not until January we won’t. 
  • Richard J said:
    Has Marquis actually been linked with us? 
     Course not. 
    But just to Stoke the flames. Has he fallen out if favour with Jackett?

• Richard J said:
     Course not. 
    But just to Stoke the flames. Has he fallen out if favour with Jackett?

What does the rest of the article say?

Personally I don’t see him fitting into our style of play and would be pretty ineffective with us.
    Not until January we won’t. 
    Is the next window in January? Or, will it be later, as this one has been (Usually August)?
  • Richard J said:
    No. No new names have been linked for a while, so this is currently a scouting mission for Gallen.
  • Dont want Marquis...massively over rated.
    Does surprise me to hear this when he scored so many for Doncaster at this level?
    Then went somewhere else and struggled. I understand it could be a number of factors as to why but he doesnt do it for me. We need a striker to play off the shoulder I feel.
  • edited October 2020
    Marquis will be on a good wedge . The salary cap will mean we would have to pay him a lot less . 

It won’t happen .