Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• I'd rather sign Curtis from Pompey if we were in for one of their players, plays wide and would fit in with playing a 433
  • Not ITK or anything but I think we will try and get Joe Piggott back from Wimbledon. He's started well this season, will be on a reasonable wage, knows the club, Jacko knows him. All kind of falls into place.
    His elder brother Sam is a mate of mine. 
    I think I'll give him a call and see if he knows anything. 
    Just spoke to him and he says he's heard nothing.
    So that is either good or bad news depending on what you think of Piggott. 
    Cue the 'unfinished business' quote when he signs!
  • I'm not sure Pompey would be too keen on making us stronger.
  • siblers said:
    Bowyer must still be thinking about that god damn draw with Birmingham, he finally gets money to spend but can't spend it as he would like with the salary cap. The injunction fucked him from doing anything before the cap was introduced. Yes a lot of other teams are in a similar boat but a lot of other teams either got players in before the cap or had a decent squad already that didn't need rebuilding like we did.

Having said that,  I do think the team should be performing better than how it currently is but he needs time, if it's this bad in November, I would be quite worried. 
    I'm sure we would have got Cullen, especially at £800k
  • Marquis is unlikely. Just rumour thread chit chat No real rumour involved.
  • Is it worrying that there are NO rumours circulating at all. The usual suspects such as Redhenry, JRButle & KiwiValley have all been rather quiet of late.......or is it that they just don't want to go back on Dazzlers list  ?
    Hopefully it is because the club are keeping everything on a need to know basis, and a few signings pop up that haven't been mentioned here
  • Not actually been linked but Joe Pigott has been nominated for Player of the Month
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    Joe Gelhardt at Leeds, 18 year old striker, signed a 4 year contract this summer but not in current plans so perfect for a loan.
    Was at Wigan last year and played in a fair few Championship matches (albeit just a handful of minutes each week usually).
    Called up to England u19s this week. He has been involved with the younger age groups for the past 3/4 years, including captaining the u18s.

Wigan fan I was talking to today believes he has what it takes to be a Premier League starter in a couple of years.
    They would love him back for the season.
    Apparently Leeds were ideally looking to send him out to a Championship club but haven’t had any takers yet.

This Wigan fan believes a number of League One clubs have shown interest.
    No idea if we were one of those clubs but thought I’d post it anyway.
    There’s been a few good suggestions on this thread, such as this guy, and Everton’s Ellis. I’m pretty sure Gallen would be aware of every name that pops up on here, as they must pour over the squad lists, but does anyone on here ever email suggestions to him, just in case? 
    Coveredendjunior (when he was junior in the summer of 2011) sat down with Chris Powell with a list of players.
    Powell bless him, went through all the 20 odd names and gave a reasoned opinion on all of them.
    I think it fair to say he knew of all of them and some in great detail. 
    Did we sign any of them?

•  I don't  think Marquis would touch Charlton anyway.
    Brought up in Downham, I think he would certainly consider it.
  • We will have a list of every player that we would be ever interested in and for every position, with the likely transfer cost/loan fee, the likelihood of him moving to us, the probable wages cost, and a detailed set of stats and profile of player attached.

It is what all clubs do.

A player from the under 23 premier league and at the top of the scoring charts will be on all those lists and will have been watched as well.
  • edited October 2020
    JamesSeed said:
    Joe Gelhardt at Leeds, 18 year old striker, signed a 4 year contract this summer but not in current plans so perfect for a loan.
    Was at Wigan last year and played in a fair few Championship matches (albeit just a handful of minutes each week usually).
    Called up to England u19s this week. He has been involved with the younger age groups for the past 3/4 years, including captaining the u18s.

Wigan fan I was talking to today believes he has what it takes to be a Premier League starter in a couple of years.
    Apparently Leeds were ideally looking to send him out to a Championship club but haven’t had any takers yet.

There’s been a few good suggestions on this thread, such as this guy, and Everton’s Ellis. I’m pretty sure Gallen would be aware of every name that pops up on here, as they must pour over the squad lists, but does anyone on here ever email suggestions to him, just in case? 
    Coveredendjunior (when he was junior in the summer of 2011) sat down with Chris Powell with a list of players.
    Powell bless him, went through all the 20 odd names and gave a reasoned opinion on all of them.
    Did we sign any of them?
    I don't think so. I do remember him laughing (in a nice way), at Angel Rangel, saying he was on about 5/10 times what we could afford. (Rangel was optimistic the others were all realistic).
  • Is it worrying that there are NO rumours circulating at all. The usual suspects such as Redhenry, JRButle & KiwiValley have all been rather quiet of late.......or is it that they just don't want to go back on Dazzlers list  ?
    Think I read yesterday that the club are being ultra secretive about any possible transfer targets.
  • Sponsored links:

• Marquis scored in the EFL Cup last night. 
  • I can’t wait to see the response when someone emails Gallen to recommend Marquis. 
  • JamesSeed said:

Lovely to hear that.
    Both Chris Powell and covered end Junior have gone up even higher in my estimation.

With data bases now, and the amount of Full/part time scouts, ex players and Agents at Academy matches it's difficult for players to go unnoticed regarding the 1st team.

Steve Avery would be interested in some of the talented youngsters who were in Academies from 6 years old (not under contract !) but were released and drift into playing with their mates.
    Lookman for Waterloo in the giant Tandridge League, is one example of disappearing off the radar for a short period after being released.
    Nick Pope who after being released from Ipswich played for Bury in Suffolk. 

Before COVID-19 came along, there were more scouts than parents at Charlton academy games.
  • I’d really like to see Scott Quigley in a Charlton shirt. Barrow striker who scored 20 last season in the National League. Probably wouldn’t cost too much.
  • I’d really like to see Scott Quigley in a Charlton shirt. Barrow striker who scored 20 last season in the National League. Probably wouldn’t cost too much.
    Realistically with Bonne gone we need someone proven at this level or equivalent. With the wage cap we literally cannot afford to gamble right now 
  • Emailing Gallen, i’ve heard it all!
    Some people love an email.  Maybe would should email the Abu Dhabi royal family as well.  Or a thank you email to the Danish Royals? 

Yeh - once you've been in Downham there is always that desire to return.
    He'd probably live 4 miles away in Chislehurst.

Yeh - once you've been in Downham there is always that desire to return.
    He'd probably live 4 miles away in Chislehurst.
    Oooh, no thank you, not with that hair!