Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Does Bowyer go for a 3-3-3-1 like England's 2018 world cup team?

Famewo Pearce New CB

New RB Gilbey Doughty

Levitt Madison Williams/Oz

New CF
    Or LVG's brilliant 2332 he had at barca that was perfected by Pep and Spain
  • Sage said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:
    Posted about Ellis Simms on Friday. Very good young striker and one I think could do really well. The way strikers like Taylor, Grant, Leko, and Bonne all improved under Bowyer bodes well.

Would be happy if we sign Simms and one other senior striker.
    Have you ever seen Simms play?  Honest question. 
    Honestly yes I have.

During lockdown I needed something to keep me going because it was doing my head in. So started finding bits and pieces on a range of football and academy football was one of them. I’ve looked into doing some scouting and have my level one in talent ID, but the higher professional qualifications are on the expensive side for me right now. I came across him during lockdown and then he appeared on the bench for Everton in the restart at the end of last season. I’ve since kept an eye on a few young players at different clubs and Simms is one of them, as is Robbie Gotts and Leif Davis at Leeds, he came off the bench for them against Man City on Saturday.

Simms scores goals with both feet, likes to play off the shoulder, relatively strong for his age and leads the line quite well for a young lad. He can hold the ball up and link play. But with his scoring record, he really needs men’s football now if he is going to continue his development. I do think it would be a good move and a player I hope Gallen has on his radar. 
    I am not trying to dig you out and you don't have to answer.  But how have you watched the games, from a normal TV angle, YouTube clips, highlights, from a full pitch side on view?

Were you watching the game or the player?  It sounds childish but I think it's important.

I honestly think how you watch a game really influences what you "see".  
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:
    Posted about Ellis Simms on Friday. Very good young striker and one I think could do really well. The way strikers like Taylor, Grant, Leko, and Bonne all improved under Bowyer bodes well.

Would be happy if we sign Simms and one other senior striker.
    Have you ever seen Simms play?  Honest question. 
    Honestly yes I have.

During lockdown I needed something to keep me going because it was doing my head in. So started finding bits and pieces on a range of football and academy football was one of them. I’ve looked into doing some scouting and have my level one in talent ID, but the higher professional qualifications are on the expensive side for me right now. I came across him during lockdown and then he appeared on the bench for Everton in the restart at the end of last season. I’ve since kept an eye on a few young players at different clubs and Simms is one of them, as is Robbie Gotts and Leif Davis at Leeds, he came off the bench for them against Man City on Saturday.

Simms scores goals with both feet, likes to play off the shoulder, relatively strong for his age and leads the line quite well for a young lad. He can hold the ball up and link play. But with his scoring record, he really needs men’s football now if he is going to continue his development. I do think it would be a good move and a player I hope Gallen has on his radar. 
    So is he any better than Davidson?

In my opinion, 100%.
    100% better than Davidson should be good then.
    Still think we will be playing most of this season with Washington and Aneke up front. 
  • edited October 2020
    SamE7 said:
    THERE ARE 10.5 DAYS LEFT UNTIL THE DOMESTIC WINDOW SHUTS (if anyone wasn't aware). How do some of you get through your day to day lives?!
    👍👍

• This is a rumours thread, but the last few pages hasn’t included a single rumour! 

PLEASE save the bed-wetting, over analysing and berating of LB, SG and salary cap until the 17th. 

At that time we can debate if the squad is good enough for a promotion push.

Rumours anyone? 
    Oh goody, does that mean we can have another thread?
  • 2121 said:
    Is there any rumours amongst all this talk?
    What! 
    Are you crazy? 
    We need another thread for that!
  • What happened to that 17 year old Spurs striker we were linked to last off season?
  • Sponsored links:

• What happened to that 17 year old Spurs striker we were linked to last off season?
    Turnt scummy
    Another one off the list.
    https://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/2020/august/millwall-confirm-troy-parrott-loan-signing/
  • Which Friday? 
  • Leuth said:
    Which Friday? 
    Next Friday (16th)... Its also 5pm we need to worry about rather than 4pm @thenewbie :)
  • Pretty sure if we've made no signings by this Friday there'll be uproar anyway
  • Redrobo said:
    If bowyer doesn't get us top six this season I reckon we should get somebody who can. We are not there yet, but we shouldn't be making excuses for him before the season has got going. I'm sure he didn't have to sell a £2m player. It is down to him to replace and not moan about it.

Please read carefully, I am not saying sack him. But I am saying don't give him a free pass to fail.
    I'm not aware that he has been moaning about replacing Bonne.
    No but I'd be surprised if he doesnt bemoan the fact he couldnt get a replacement if thats what happens by next Friday
    I just hope he wasn't completely dependant on Schwartz. I don't doubt we'll sign two strikers, but hope they are not desperate signings for the sake of it. 
    Not Bowyers fault with the transfer embargo meaning little business could be done + the wage cap has further hindered almost any chance of getting a guaranteed 20 goal a season striker. Just makes selling Bonne senseless before bringing in replacements. We are left with Washington who has scored 54 goals in league & international football in 8 years. Major cock up IN MY OPINION, as I said at the weekend everyone will know that we're desperate. 
    Is there such a thing as a guaranteed 20 goal a season striker? Are you claiming Bonne would have got 20 goals this season if he stayed?

It is a team game and there are so many factors that come into a play that it makes that claim nonsense.

I believe that Bows and co know what they are doing, and certainly know better than anyone on this site.
    Sorry makes what claim nonsense ?
  • I just had to check I was on the transfer rumours thread after reading the last twenty or so pages.
  • Sponsored links:

• I just had to check I was on the transfer rumours thread after reading the last twenty or so pages.

There wasn't any transfer news, so just like the take over thread in recent times, tangents happen, to fill the void.

What you heard ?
  • edited October 2020
    Bright Enobakhare just been released by AEK Athens after joining them from Wolves in the summer.

He had a decent loan spell at Coventry a couple of seasons ago, winning their young player of the year award, as well as almost 50 appearances for Wolves in the Championship. Got bags of talent but rumoured to be a little bit of a troublemaker.
  • Leuth said:
    Which Friday? 
    Next Friday (16th)... Its also 5pm we need to worry about rather than 4pm @thenewbie :)
    Closes at five yes but if we are still searching at four whoever we get (if anyone) is going to be a Josh Parker type make-do option instead of someone LB actually wanted.

• Joe Gelhardt at Leeds, 18 year old striker, signed a 4 year contract this summer but not in current plans so perfect for a loan.
    Was at Wigan last year and played in a fair few Championship matches (albeit just a handful of minutes each week usually).
    Called up to England u19s this week. He has been involved with the younger age groups for the past 3/4 years, including captaining the u18s.

Wigan fan I was talking to today believes he has what it takes to be a Premier League starter in a couple of years.
    They would love him back for the season.
    Apparently Leeds were ideally looking to send him out to a Championship club but haven’t had any takers yet.

This Wigan fan believes a number of League One clubs have shown interest.
    No idea if we were one of those clubs but thought I’d post it anyway.
    There’s been a few good suggestions on this thread, such as this guy, and Everton’s Ellis. I’m pretty sure Gallen would be aware of every name that pops up on here, as they must pour over the squad lists, but does anyone on here ever email suggestions to him, just in case? 
  • Marquis ain’t a bad shout actually 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Marquis ain’t a bad shout actually 
    Donkey! I’m sorry but he is a donkey! My Pompey supporting mates don’t rate him either!  
  • edited October 2020
    Now we have money i'd consider offering Pompey £500k for Marquis. He doesnt fit well into their formation or always start for them but would work well as the lone striker in a front 3. Doughty, Marquis & Maddison up top would be promotion material imo.

Unlikely he will be on less than £2k per week but as £2k is the overall team average I'm sure Bowyer & Gallen have budgeted for our star striker to be over this amount.

28 yrs old. Proven at this level. Born in Lewisham....ticks alot of the boxes that make you think he would fit in here (despite his playoff experience at the valley!)

100%  the fact the main striker should be the top earner, Not so sure about  Marquis !
    At one club down the football pyrimid the star striker in his late 20's and with his own building company stayed part time and at level 8(step 4) because he was paid the same as the whole of the defence put together !

This is quite common down in the part time world of football so I was informed by the brother of the owner.