Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Sage said:
    What about Jack Clarke, Spurs winger/forward who they signed from Leeds. Only played 6 games at QPR so I'm not sure a load of Champ clubs will be interested and move to League 1 might do him good. 
    Agree with this, he needs a move to a League One club to reignite his career a little bit.

Leeds got the deal of the century selling him for £9mil with a sell on. He went back on loan at Leeds and didn’t play, went to QPR and didn’t get a look in. He only got the move as he burst onto the scene and done well. Someone like Bow is probably exactly what he needs.

He would have to play out wide though, by no means is he a forward.
    Yeah I more meant a forward as wide in a 433. Gives us another option to compete with Maddison/Doughty so that if one of them was injured or needed a rest we could play the same formation. 
    If we now sign 1 or 2 attacking players (as well as the at least 2 defenders we obviously need) and pin all our hopes on 433, or a version of, I would start questioning Bowyer.

If that's then backed up with a few in and few out fair enough but he started with 1 player who's best position is in a front 3 and 4 or 5 that could/should never play in one.

Since August 2018 he has specifically bought players to play the diamond.  He even started playing it without the players to do it. 

Yes have a plan B, yes change it to fit in an exceptionally good player but don't rip it up for a 20 year old with less than 10 months on his contract. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:
    What about Jack Clarke, Spurs winger/forward who they signed from Leeds. Only played 6 games at QPR so I'm not sure a load of Champ clubs will be interested and move to League 1 might do him good. 
    Agree with this, he needs a move to a League One club to reignite his career a little bit.

Leeds got the deal of the century selling him for £9mil with a sell on. He went back on loan at Leeds and didn’t play, went to QPR and didn’t get a look in. He only got the move as he burst onto the scene and done well. Someone like Bow is probably exactly what he needs.

Yeah I more meant a forward as wide in a 433. Gives us another option to compete with Maddison/Doughty so that if one of them was injured or needed a rest we could play the same formation. 
    If we now sign 1 or 2 attacking players (as well as the at least 2 defenders we obviously need) and pin all our hopes on 433, or a version of, I would start questioning Bowyer.

If that's then backed up with a few in and few out fair enough but he started with 1 player who's best position is in a front 3 and 4 or 5 that could/should never play in one.

Since August 2018 he has specifically bought players to play the diamond.  He even started playing it without the players to do it. 

Yes have a plan B, yes change it to fit in an exceptionally good player but don't rip it up for a 20 year old with less than 10 months on his contract. 
    We've got Maddison now too. We've got the players to play both a 433 and a 442 diamond now. Be nice to vary up rather than just play 1 formation a la Robinson. 
  • edited October 2020
    Few players at Everton that need game time and are worth looking at... Callum Connolly, Matt Pennington, Josh Bowler, Ellis Simms.
    Pennington is 26 today! Barely ever played for them, decent amount of games in Championship over last 3 years though. 
    Has a year left on his contract - reckon he'd be available for less than a million if Everton don't want to loan him out for a season and lose out on a fee. Has almost 70 appearances in the Championship in the last three years.

Not sure what kind of money he's on and if he'd be willing to drop to League One.

Callum Connolly and Josh Bowler also have a decent number of second tier appearances to their name - Connolly helped Fleetwood to last season's play-offs. Ellis Simms is their academy rising star.
  • If we finish 7th in this crap league, I doubt it will feel like we are building towards something. The difference may be, I do not expect us to finish 7th. I expect us to do better. And I hope and believe Bowyer feels the same and has a bit more ambition than some of you lot. And I have been stating what I think failure looks like. And yes, failure has consequences in football. Of course, what is important is what Sandgaard thinks failure looks like.

I am willing to accept that Bowyer has a plan in relation to selling Bonne. I am waiting to see what it is without the awareness of what it could be. When he achieves it, it will be an example of his strengths as a manager. He is like the magician which will have me saying, how did he do that?  

I expect us to finish top six too, but I’d understand if we didn’t, we hit rock bottom in the build up to TS and there’s no blame on Bowyer for that.

Bowyer is not safe for life if that’s what you’re implying which I think most agree with but for him to even be considered for the elbow this season for me we’d have to finish bottom 8ish.  
    Don't think it's fair to say either way to be honest. If we bring in some decent players in the next week or so then our squad will be capable of finishing top 10 minimum. Injuries could play a part, players leaving or whatever. I don't think we can say, especially as this stage that Bowyer should be sacked if we finish below X. 
  • If we finish 7th in this crap league, I doubt it will feel like we are building towards something. The difference may be, I do not expect us to finish 7th. I expect us to do better. And I hope and believe Bowyer feels the same and has a bit more ambition than some of you lot. And I have been stating what I think failure looks like. And yes, failure has consequences in football. Of course, what is important is what Sandgaard thinks failure looks like.

I am willing to accept that Bowyer has a plan in relation to selling Bonne. I am waiting to see what it is without the awareness of what it could be. When he achieves it, it will be an example of his strengths as a manager. He is like the magician which will have me saying, how did he do that?  

I expect us to finish top six too, but I’d understand if we didn’t, we hit rock bottom in the build up to TS and there’s no blame on Bowyer for that.

Bowyer is not safe for life if that’s what you’re implying which I think most agree with but for him to even be considered for the elbow this season for me we’d have to finish bottom 8ish.  
    Don't think it's fair to say either way to be honest. If we bring in some decent players in the next week or so then our squad will be capable of finishing top 10 minimum. Injuries could play a part, players leaving or whatever. I don't think we can say, especially as this stage that Bowyer should be sacked if we finish below X. 
    Exactly. 

This squad, due to issues we’ve had in being able to strengthen, is only a couple of injuries away from being in a relegation battle - and were pretty adept at picking up injuries. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:

We've got Maddison now too. We've got the players to play both a 433 and a 442 diamond now. Be nice to vary up rather than just play 1 formation a la Robinson. 
    What striker have we got to play in a 433? 

Bowyer has often moved between a diamond and a 352, including in games and  using Beilik and Pratley to do so.

I don't even think we have the right midfielders to play 433, or full backs.

Of course Bowyer could go totally left field and play 2 wingers AND a diamond.  He did it in the second half against Leeds at home last season and was a thing of wonder. 
  • Posted about Ellis Simms on Friday. Very good young striker and one I think could do really well. The way strikers like Taylor, Grant, Leko, and Bonne all improved under Bowyer bodes well.

Would be happy if we sign Simms and one other senior striker.
  • Some of the digging out on here of people who have a different view to the majority is getting very tedious.
    Very cliquey.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    Posted about Ellis Simms on Friday. Very good young striker and one I think could do really well. The way strikers like Taylor, Grant, Leko, and Bonne all improved under Bowyer bodes well.

Have you ever seen Simms play?  Honest question. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:

Bowyer has often moved between a diamond and a 352, including in games and  using Beilik and Pratley to do so.

Of course Bowyer could go totally left field and play 2 wingers AND a diamond.  He did it in the second half against Leeds at home last season and was a thing of wonder. 
    How can you say we haven't got the full backs to play in a 433? I think Purrington would be ok in a 433 because there is way less importance in getting forward then there is with a diamond. Deji at RB too although we will get one in. If we play with the diamond there is reliance on the full backs to get forward, it's the one negative from the League 1 season. Purrington was weak in the final third, except of course for one moment (can't remember when that was...)

I agree on the striker capable of playing 433 at the moment, but even less in a diamond because we barely have 2 to play up there!

I don't think we will see much of the 352, I agree it worked with Bielik and Pratley, but we don't have Bielik and I suspect Watson will start over Pratley most of the time. Can't see them both starting in CM too often.  

I fully expect Bows to go with the 433
    Amos
    NEW, NEW, Famewo, Purrington
    Gilbey, Watson, Levitt
    Maddison, NEW, Doughty

That is roughly what I think our starting XI will be. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:
    Posted about Ellis Simms on Friday. Very good young striker and one I think could do really well. The way strikers like Taylor, Grant, Leko, and Bonne all improved under Bowyer bodes well.

I know the question wasnt too me, nor have I seen Simms myself, hadnt even heard of him until Sage mentioned him

32-goals in 21-appearances for Everton U18s last season though, big difference I know between U18 and Senior Football...

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:

I know the question wasnt too me, nor have I seen Simms myself, hadnt even heard of him until Sage mentioned him

32-goals in 21-appearances for Everton U18s last season though, big difference I know between U18 and Senior Football...

If he can be our young loaner... That'll do.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-transfer-decision-ellis-simms-19011580
  • edited October 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:

How can you say we haven't got the full backs to play in a 433? I think Purrington would be ok in a 433 because there is way less importance in getting forward then there is with a diamond. Deji at RB too although we will get one in. If we play with the diamond there is reliance on the full backs to get forward, it's the one negative from the League 1 season. Purrington was weak in the final third, except of course for one moment (can't remember when that was...)

I agree on the striker capable of playing 433 at the moment, but even less in a diamond because we barely have 2 to play up there!

I don't think we will see much of the 352, I agree it worked with Bielik and Pratley, but we don't have Bielik and I suspect Watson will start over Pratley most of the time. Can't see them both starting in CM too often.  

Amos
    Gilbey, Watson, Levitt
    Maddison, NEW, Doughty

Every transfer window Bowyer has signed a "10" who can't play anywhere else.  He now has 3 of them.

That's 3 very wasted squad spaces, never mind wages, if he isn't going to play like that.

If I was a betting man Maddison is on a less significant wage than some might think.  Depending on injuries, suspensions, fitness etc it really wouldn't surprise me if lined up against Wigan as

Amos
    New, New, Famewo, New
    Watson or Pratley 
    2 of Levitt, Morgan, Jennings, 1 of the above
    Either Williams or Oztumer 
    Washington and New
  • Few players at Everton that need game time and are worth looking at... Callum Connolly, Matt Pennington, Josh Bowler, Ellis Simms.
    Pennington is 26 today! Barely ever played for them, decent amount of games in Championship over last 3 years though. 
    Has a year left on his contract - reckon he'd be available for less than a million if Everton don't want to loan him out for a season and lose out on a fee. Has almost 70 appearances in the Championship in the last three years.

Not sure what kind of money he's on and if he'd be willing to drop to League One.

Callum Connolly and Josh Bowler also have a decent number of second tier appearances to their name - Connolly helped Fleetwood to last season's play-offs. Ellis Simms is their academy rising star.
    Was just shocked to see he's 26. Crazy players like that stay so long, it's obvious he'll never make it at Everton now. Heard good things about Simms, don't know anything about the other two. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:

Amos
    Gilbey, Watson, Levitt
    Maddison, NEW, Doughty

Every transfer window Bowyer has signed a "10" who can't play anywhere else.  He now has 3 of them.

That's 3 very wasted squad spaces, never mind wages, if he isn't going to play like that.

If I was a betting man Maddison is on a less significant wage than some might think.  Depending on injuries, suspensions, fitness etc it really wouldn't surprise me if lined up against Wigan as

Amos
    New, New, Famewo, New
    Watson or Pratley 
    2 of Levitt, Morgan, Jennings, 1 of the above
    Either Williams or Oztumer 
    Washington and New
    I'm presuming you are counting Aneke as a 10 who I think will play predominatly as a striker. Bowyer's criticism of Williams says it all, and at best I think he'll play from the bench. Oztumer just hasn't done it for us, although it's fair to say he deserves a full season as this is his level. I wouldn't be against him leaving personally to free up the wages. 

Personally I want options though. I want a RB, CB and 2 strikers as the bare minimum. If we can sign someone like Clarke who wouldn't count towards the salary cap I think that can only be a positive move. 

• Is there any rumours amongst all this talk?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-transfer-decision-ellis-simms-19011580
    That’s a shame but maybe something we could do in January, if Bow and Gallen are interested?
  • Sage said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:

Honestly yes I have.

During lockdown I needed something to keep me going because it was doing my head in. So started finding bits and pieces on a range of football and academy football was one of them. I’ve looked into doing some scouting and have my level one in talent ID, but the higher professional qualifications are on the expensive side for me right now. I came across him during lockdown and then he appeared on the bench for Everton in the restart at the end of last season. I’ve since kept an eye on a few young players at different clubs and Simms is one of them, as is Robbie Gotts and Leif Davis at Leeds, he came off the bench for them against Man City on Saturday.

Simms scores goals with both feet, likes to play off the shoulder, relatively strong for his age and leads the line quite well for a young lad. He can hold the ball up and link play. But with his scoring record, he really needs men’s football now if he is going to continue his development. I do think it would be a good move and a player I hope Gallen has on his radar. 
    So is he any better than Davidson?

• Sage said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:

Honestly yes I have.

During lockdown I needed something to keep me going because it was doing my head in. So started finding bits and pieces on a range of football and academy football was one of them. I’ve looked into doing some scouting and have my level one in talent ID, but the higher professional qualifications are on the expensive side for me right now. I came across him during lockdown and then he appeared on the bench for Everton in the restart at the end of last season. I’ve since kept an eye on a few young players at different clubs and Simms is one of them, as is Robbie Gotts and Leif Davis at Leeds, he came off the bench for them against Man City on Saturday.

Simms scores goals with both feet, likes to play off the shoulder, relatively strong for his age and leads the line quite well for a young lad. He can hold the ball up and link play. But with his scoring record, he really needs men’s football now if he is going to continue his development. I do think it would be a good move and a player I hope Gallen has on his radar. 
    So is he any better than Davidson?

In my opinion, 100%.
  • Joe Gelhardt at Leeds, 18 year old striker, signed a 4 year contract this summer but not in current plans so perfect for a loan.
    Was at Wigan last year and played in a fair few Championship matches (albeit just a handful of minutes each week usually).
    Called up to England u19s this week. He has been involved with the younger age groups for the past 3/4 years, including captaining the u18s.

Wigan fan I was talking to today believes he has what it takes to be a Premier League starter in a couple of years.
    They would love him back for the season.
    Apparently Leeds were ideally looking to send him out to a Championship club but haven’t had any takers yet.

This Wigan fan believes a number of League One clubs have shown interest.
    No idea if we were one of those clubs but thought I’d post it anyway.
    "He’s built like an Irish bricklayer but reads the game very well and can play in a 9 or 10 role. Long way for a northern lad to move on loan at a young age so must be guaranteed games under bowyer" 

Leeds supporting mate who knows his onions 
  • Does Bowyer go for a 3-3-3-1 like England's 2018 world cup team?

Famewo Pearce New CB

New RB Gilbey Doughty

Levitt Madison Williams/Oz

New CF