Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Vfrf said:
    seth plum said:
    Personally I don't buy the notion we still have two weeks.
    Yes technically we have, but I would prefer to have the players already here, and two weeks to fashion a credible team with an effective style.
    The problem will be the fecking about by agents right up to the wire. Yesterday with the on off Schwartz thing it is a good example of the agents blackmail approach.
    Right now we don't resemble much of a coherent team, but for example Lincoln and Doncaster seemed much more at ease with themselves.
    Sorry to seem rude when I say that but a few issues:
    - We do have nearly two weeks.
    - What we'd prefer is neither here nor there - lots of things we'd prefer.
    - Scwartz wasn't an example of blackmail he just didn't want to join.
    I do agree Lincoln and Doncaster seemed like a better unit.
    Not rude. A different perspective.
  • edited October 2020
    My statement is not saying to sack him now. I have said I don't want Bowyer sacked and have said I expect him to get the signings right. I have merely pointed out some things I think he has got wrong recently and potentially has got wrong now. And I am saying that he shouldn't have a free pass. I am expecting him to step up, but am not so far up his backside that I can't see the possibility of him not doing so and indeed don't think he should have a free pass to fail.

I was pretty amazed when he started Vennings on Saturday. Morgan was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch against Brighton. Why play Vennings above him? Could he have not got another ten or twenty minutes more out of Aneke who I was shouting at the screen for? Who are we lining up to replace Bonne? He is a Championship standard striker. It feels to me Bowyer has it in him, but like Soapbox, it is feeling like all the turmoil may have made him lose his mojo. he needs to get it back if that is the case.
  • Is this the new takeover thread?
  • masicat said:
    Not a Bonne fan. However , selling him when we did was a ridiculous thing to do. He should have been told he is here for the season, end of. 
    He's a jobbing player, not a schoolboy.

• This time last week everyone was saying we should sell Bonne for less money than we eventually did.

Bizarre to start turning on Bowyer.
    No everyone wasn't saying it, he started the season with a cracking goal at Swindon & because everyone expects him to score in every game some people started criticizing. Selling him is fine, selling him without having replacements signed up knowing that the embargo & wage cap has given other clubs an advantage over us & leaving us with one striker who isn't exactly a goal machine is fucking madness.
  • Is this the new takeover thread?
    No it's the new managerial sacking thread
  • Sponsored links:

• “The second I heard there was interest, my head was turned,” he said. “I’ll easily say that – my head was turned straight away.”

Fuck Bonne #TeamBowyer  
    Yes the thought of going to play for a manager who actually wanted him, how bizarre is that ?
  • Who of our current midfield is of Championship quality and capable of playing all/most the games in the Championship? Apparently our midfield is full of them.

How come we haven't had any bids from the Championship clubs for all these quality players?

How many of our midfield full of Championship quality do we expect to follow Bonne to the Championship?

I can only think of Doughty, Watson (and Maddison although no Championship clubs wanted Maddison).
    Was going to post similar. Surprised no one else has picked up on it to be honest. 
  • Valley11 said:
    200 new posts of hot air

Any transfer rumours?
    Yeah, the rumour is that Chris Gunter was going to sign but he took the only pen with him & so they have to wait for him to return from international duty before we can sign anyone else.
    Gunter takes pens?  Handy for a shoot out in the Playoff semi at the end of the season.

• I wouldn't be surprised to see another Man Utd player too. I was reading the other day about Nicky Butt wanting a few to go out to experience mens football. We know he talks to Bowyer so could be a handy link. Di'Shon Bernard might be worth a look, heard he's quite highly thought of and originally from South London. 
  • edited October 2020
    I trust Bowyer’s judgement on Bonne. He sees him every day in training. He has years of experience in professional football. He will have been aware of Bonne’s physical and mental state. Two million was a no brainer in my book. Of course he has to get replacements and I’m sure there are a number on his radar but it may not happen in two or three days like we would all want.
    The added issues the salary cap places on us has to be negotiated and I think in Gallen we have the right man to do so. It may not be exactly what we want it to be but I’m pretty sure it will be the best we could have done both short and long term.
    Let’s  wait and see and also understand that transfers are not as straightforward as fans want them to be. 
  • SamE7 said:
    THERE ARE 10.5 DAYS LEFT UNTIL THE DOMESTIC WINDOW SHUTS (if anyone wasn't aware). How do some of you get through your day to day lives?!
    I think you'll find only 9 days 23 hours & 58 minutes from the time of your posting until the window shuts.
  • bowyer has done am exceptional job and I am fully confident he will get us promoted. it will be tough this season as he has been hugely disrupted.. next season though I am very confident about. 

yes he has his views on players and I would have started Morgan saturday and maybe not had him play the whole game Wednesday. but all managers have their specific ideas

be patient and it will come 
  • seth plum said:
    Yes technically we have, but I would prefer to have the players already here, and two weeks to fashion a credible team with an effective style.
    The problem will be the fecking about by agents right up to the wire. Yesterday with the on off Schwartz thing it is a good example of the agents blackmail approach.
    Right now we don't resemble much of a coherent team, but for example Lincoln and Doncaster seemed much more at ease with themselves.
    Don’t worry, we’ll sign five players next Friday afternoon who won’t be eligible for the Saturday game and people will say don’t worry that game can be another free hit and there will still be another 41 games left it’ll be ok. I’m with you. I’d like to see them in now so they have ten days to integrate into things.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2020
    ButtleJR said:
    Southbank said:
    Unfortunately, the one player we need more than any other, somebody who can score 20+ goals in League One, is very unlikely to be currently unemployed.
    We will have to buy somebody, presumably by offering over the odds to another League One club who need the money. Anybody know who fits that bill?
    Mo Eisa?
    Scored in the EFL Trophy tonight.

Fook the EFL Trophy Mo, come and play for us in the league.
  • Macronate said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Southbank said:
    Unfortunately, the one player we need more than any other, somebody who can score 20+ goals in League One, is very unlikely to be currently unemployed.
    We will have to buy somebody, presumably by offering over the odds to another League One club who need the money. Anybody know who fits that bill?
    Mo Eisa?
    Scored in the EFL Trophy tonight.

Fook that Mo, come and play for us in the league.
    Can’t see Peterborough selling to us. 

They wouldn't want us strengthened. 
  • seth plum said:

Lee Bowyer might well have said that himself.

• What about Jack Clarke, Spurs winger/forward who they signed from Leeds. Only played 6 games at QPR so I'm not sure a load of Champ clubs will be interested and move to League 1 might do him good. 
    Agree with this, he needs a move to a League One club to reignite his career a little bit.

Leeds got the deal of the century selling him for £9mil with a sell on. He went back on loan at Leeds and didn’t play, went to QPR and didn’t get a look in. He only got the move as he burst onto the scene and done well. Someone like Bow is probably exactly what he needs.

He would have to play out wide though, by no means is he a forward.
  • If we are going to start talking about getting rid of a young, up and coming, attack minded, football on the ground, sought after manager who has previously worked wonders.

Can I be the first to suggest we replace him with a young, up and coming, attack minded, football on the ground, sought after manager who has previously worked wonders?

• Have Leeds got anyone worth us looking at ? Bowyers stock at Leeds is still very high.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    He has time to sort it out. He has just sold a Championship quality striker, and has a midfield full of Championship quality. He has enough time to sort it out and if I was a betting man, I will bet he will.

But if he doesn't I would look at the negative tactics after winning our first two post lockdown games and the tepid way he has set up so far this season. I appreciate there are circumstances to factor in. He needs to sort this out and like I said, I don't want to hear him moaning why we couldn't replace Bonne. 

We all want to see some positive business in this window and whilst it won't be easy, we don't want a manager who can do it when it was easy. It wasn't easy when he first got the job, but I suspect the minute he started to care if he had the job or not, we saw negative traits. I want to see the front foot manager will balls that set out to win games that Bowyer was when he first got his opportunity.

We all want to see positive signings and front foot football, but we have no idea what might happen this season, Doughty could break both his legs during the international break. 

Why make stupid statements about sacking Bowyer if we don’t make top six during a season of transition? Bowyer could win the league the season after? 

Let’s not forget all the other clubs haven’t had the wage cap and have been building promotion winning squads over the course of 3-4 seasons. We’ve lost the majority of the squad and need to replace with this stupid cap.

I ask again, who do you think would do a better job? 
    Who has been building promotion winning squads for 3 or 4 seasons?  
    Pretty much anyone who you expect to be in and around the top 6. 

Peterborough, Sunderland, Doncaster, Fleetwood, Blackpool, Portsmouth etc. They’ve all added to their squads and strengthened in the areas needed. 

That’s not including Ipswich, Hull, us, and anyone else who may have a good season. It’s why it’s so stupid to say we should sack Bowyer if he doesn’t get top 6 this season. 
    Have you seen Sunderland's transfers this summer?  Their squad is unrecognisable from 4 months ago, let alone 4 years ago.

The churn of players at this level, every year, is unbelievable.

Edit: Of course it would be bloody stupid to sack Bowyer any time in the next 18 months.  What ever happens. 
    Okay, take Sunderland out of it - although they’re undoubtedly building a Parkinson style squad despite player retention. That’s just arguing semantics. 

A blind man could see the other teams have been slowly building up their squads before the cap. Particularly Peterborough and Blackpool. 
  • Have Leeds got anyone worth us looking at ? Bowyers stock at Leeds is still very high.
    Robbie Gotts.

Central midfielder who can also play right-back. Bielsa said he is very sorry for not playing him because he is a really good player. Been on the bench loads for Leeds. 
  • edited October 2020
    Who of our current midfield is of Championship quality and capable of playing all/most the games in the Championship? Apparently our midfield is full of them.

How come we haven't had any bids from the Championship clubs for all these quality players?

How many of our midfield full of Championship quality do we expect to follow Bonne to the Championship?

I can only think of Doughty, Watson (and Maddison although no Championship clubs wanted Maddison).
    Was going to post similar. Surprised no one else has picked up on it to be honest. 
    But people are happy to wank themselves silly because of Marcus Maddison's league 1 stats, but are happy to shit all over players that have hardly played in league 1 (because they have been playing at a higher level) in their lives, because they have played in a disjointed and un balanced team for 4 games.

Beyond parody.