Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Strangely quiet on rumours arnt we
    Yes. Before the takeover we had 5,6 , 7 oven ready signings waiting to sign. Since the takeover only 3 have come in plus we've lost a player. 

In terms of who we've been linked with

LB - Koiki
    RB - Gunter, Matthews, Randell Williams
    CB - ?
    ST - Schwartz, John-Jules
    Yes. Before the takeover we had 5,6 , 7 oven ready signings waiting to sign. Since the takeover only 3 have come in plus we've lost a player. 

LB - Koiki
    CB - Lynch, Hanagan
    Have we actually been linked for Williams or is that a fan wishlist?
  • edited October 2020
    Davison should be able to take the Bonne role (of last season) surely? 

LB - Koiki
    CB - ?
    Just shows you that talk is cheap, and in reality it ain't that easy is it :/
  • mendonca said:
    Davison should be able to take the Bonne role (of last season) surely? 
    Davison needs a loan. If we are forced to utilise him in the way we were forced to utilise Bonne then we won’t be getting out of this division. We need two more strikers in the door pdq. 
  • I thought selling Bonne was a mistake. I was warning against it before it happened and I hope to be proven wrong. That is all Bowyer has to do. prove me wrong. As for the clueless fan base point, selling a championship player and not being able to replace that player is not good business. All this crap about his head being turned. You can say the same about Taylor at the start of last season.
  • Who of our current midfield is of Championship quality and capable of playing all/most the games in the Championship? Apparently our midfield is full of them.

How come we haven't had any bids from the Championship clubs for all these quality players?

How many of our midfield full of Championship quality do we expect to follow Bonne to the Championship?

I can only think of Doughty (and Maddison although no Championship clubs wanted Maddison).
    I agree, we seem be overrun with midfielders but with the exception of Doughty, Maddison, Gilbey and Watson who should be our first choice who else in our squad are of the same class. 
    Even Pratley has had a poor start to the season compared to last. Think we need to get rid of a few players who aren't going to pull their weight 
  • I don’t agree with Muttley, but he’s allowed to have a different opinion
  • Sponsored links:

• Got a feeling we’re going to struggle to sign some half decent players because of the wage cap but fancy us to nab a few quality loan signings from Prem clubs like Beliek and Cullen 
  • Yaya Sanogo is a free agent. 
  • Unfortunately, the one player we need more than any other, somebody who can score 20+ goals in League One, is very unlikely to be currently unemployed.
    We will have to buy somebody, presumably by offering over the odds to another League One club who need the money. Anybody know who fits that bill?
    Thats nice :)
    Thats nice :)
    probably not free enough ;)
  • Gunter is probably with the Wales squad it might be done but we want to announce it with him at The Valley or Sparrows Lane.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not a Bonne fan. However , selling him when we did was a ridiculous thing to do. He should have been told he is here for the season, end of. 
  • cafc-west said:
    I know they really don't have to do this.  But it would stop a lot of the speculation (and worry to an extent) on here and elsewhere if the club put out a short statement.  Just to state that the club is working hard on strengthening the team, that they realise fans are concerned, and that there are still 2 weeks until the domestic window closes.  Would just be a recognition that would go some way to keeping the fans engaged.  Just a thought.
    Urgh I hate those statements - It like having a meeting at work for the sake of it
    They're the best kind!!
  • There's always something with Charlton (fans). New Owner and Takeover is old hat isn't it!? Come on.
  • If we could agree on wages and forgive his top-5-worst-CAFC-red-cards-in-living-memory, Sanogo might be a very good option
  • Is it time to panic, oh please say it is.
  • If bowyer doesn't get us top six this season I reckon we should get somebody who can. We are not there yet, but we shouldn't be making excuses for him before the season has got going. I'm sure he didn't have to sell a £2m player. It is down to him to replace and not moan about it.

Please read carefully, I am not saying sack him. But I am saying don't give him a free pass to fail.
    Who would you suggest as that new manager ?