Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Would have taken Bogle a few seasons ago but now he's no better than Aneke for that 3rd spot.

With the Schwartz deal falling through and the killer wage cap we're casting a small net in a small river for that line leading forward, were looking at:

Champ 3rd/4th choice
    Top league one
    Best of league 2 and below
    Prem kid loan

The champ choice - would have to put career over money and probably take a 50% pay cut say, 10k down to 5k - not crazy to assume a younger back up would take that deal. 

Top league one - they'd have to really want to move to London and play for us and Bowyer, otherwise would they see moving themselves and family to a club with similar aims and stature for the same pay worthwhile?

Best of league 2 and Below - shouldn't be a problem with wages, bigger club, step up, promotion chasing, just have to find that player, and of course, hope they make the step up, probably not ideal as the main striker.

Prem loan - plenty of quality youngsters, two loanees up top wouldn't be great with recalls etc 

Have no doubt we'll still get the two forwards in, just not sure the perm will be as good (on paper) as Schwartz was.

Fcking wage cap...

• If bowyer doesn't get us top six this season I reckon we should get somebody who can. We are not there yet, but we shouldn't be making excuses for him before the season has got going. I'm sure he didn't have to sell a £2m player. It is down to him to replace and not moan about it.

Please read carefully, I am not saying sack him. But I am saying don't give him a free pass to fail.
    I'm not aware that he has been moaning about replacing Bonne.
    No but I'd be surprised if he doesnt bemoan the fact he couldnt get a replacement if thats what happens by next Friday
    I just hope he wasn't completely dependant on Schwartz. I don't doubt we'll sign two strikers, but hope they are not desperate signings for the sake of it. 
  • edited October 2020
    If bowyer doesn't get us top six this season I reckon we should get somebody who can. We are not there yet, but we shouldn't be making excuses for him before the season has got going. I'm sure he didn't have to sell a £2m player. It is down to him to replace and not moan about it.

Please read carefully, I am not saying sack him. But I am saying don't give him a free pass to fail.
    I'm not aware that he has been moaning about replacing Bonne.
    No but I'd be surprised if he doesnt bemoan the fact he couldnt get a replacement if thats what happens by next Friday
    I just hope he wasn't completely dependant on Schwartz. I don't doubt we'll sign two strikers, but hope they are not desperate signings for the sake of it. 
    Yeah it what really worries me and I'm surely the most positive guy on this forum, but I really hope I can breathe easy when we know who the Strikers are that do come in

As it stands there is a nagging voice in my head (not my wife for once) that isnt confident
  • He has time to sort it out. He has just sold a Championship quality striker, and has a midfield full of Championship quality. He has enough time to sort it out and if I was a betting man, I will bet he will.

But if he doesn't I would look at the negative tactics after winning our first two post lockdown games and the tepid way he has set up so far this season. I appreciate there are circumstances to factor in. He needs to sort this out and like I said, I don't want to hear him moaning why we couldn't replace Bonne. 

We all want to see some positive business in this window and whilst it won't be easy, we don't want a manager who can do it when it was easy. It wasn't easy when he first got the job, but I suspect the minute he started to care if he had the job or not, we saw negative traits. I want to see the front foot manager will balls that set out to win games that Bowyer was when he first got his opportunity.
    I think you’re vastly overstating the capabilities of our midfielders. Watson and Pratley are the only players who have proved themselves at that level and they are the wrong side of 30 in footballing terms.
  • He has time to sort it out. He has just sold a Championship quality striker, and has a midfield full of Championship quality. He has enough time to sort it out and if I was a betting man, I will bet he will.

But if he doesn't I would look at the negative tactics after winning our first two post lockdown games and the tepid way he has set up so far this season. I appreciate there are circumstances to factor in. He needs to sort this out and like I said, I don't want to hear him moaning why we couldn't replace Bonne. 

We all want to see some positive business in this window and whilst it won't be easy, we don't want a manager who can do it when it was easy. It wasn't easy when he first got the job, but I suspect the minute he started to care if he had the job or not, we saw negative traits. I want to see the front foot manager will balls that set out to win games that Bowyer was when he first got his opportunity.
    I'm in complete agreement on the Bonne situation. I won't have any sympathy at all if we end up with a desperate signing. 

All in all though, he's earnt time and he's not had long to build the squad. Players going elsewhere. All because ESI were a bunch of wankers who wanted to ruin the club. He's stuck by us and it's an incredibly difficult job to suddenly build a promotion winning squad. 

Like I said though, I agree on Bonne because I don't think he had to make that job even harder by selling Bonne. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Laddick01 said:
    Lee Bowyer, alongside Gallen and Jackson is one of the very few positives this football club has had to hold onto over the past 4/5 years.

Macauley Bonne, a player who openly admitting to having his head turned, was sold for a price that was really good considering our situation.

Bowyer has been consistently screwed. Whether it be through negligent owners or this new EFL cap. But yeah, let’s sack the one man who has kept this club afloat in its most turbulent time if he doesn’t reach top 6. 

Sometimes I think we have the most clueless fan base in football.
    Is that true though? If you look at our situation such as the wage cap and us supposedly under no pressure to sell, you have to ask whether it really was a great transfer? I don't think it was. 
  • Strangely quiet on rumours arnt we
  • Strangely quiet on rumours arnt we
    Still waiting on Gunter to sign and we've had Koiki play for the U23s today

There was also that Leeds kid that has been loaned out to Spain who we knew nothing about so there must be names flying around in the background
  • I am definitely in the camp of Bowyer getting replacements in prior to
    letting Bonne go, but the guy effectively asked for a transfer when he
    heard of the QPR interest, he went to see Steve, and we just gave in.
    Now, would it have rebounded on us if we just said tough luck Bonne,
    you are under contract and we can't let you go till January, i'm not too
    sure, Bowyer would surely have asked him knuckle down and better will 
    arrive in January, and if ok, then go and chase the dream.
    Shame we just crumbled and sold him far too soon :/
  • edited October 2020
    Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Lee Bowyer, alongside Gallen and Jackson is one of the very few positives this football club has had to hold onto over the past 4/5 years.

Macauley Bonne, a player who openly admitting to having his head turned, was sold for a price that was really good considering our situation.

Bowyer has been consistently screwed. Whether it be through negligent owners or this new EFL cap. But yeah, let’s sack the one man who has kept this club afloat in its most turbulent time if he doesn’t reach top 6. 

Sometimes I think we have the most clueless fan base in football.
    Is that true though? If you look at our situation such as the wage cap and us supposedly under no pressure to sell, you have to ask whether it really was a great transfer? I don't think it was. 
    We cleared whatever wage Bonne was one, got a 2 million pound fee and another squad slot in relation to the new rules.

Bowyer clearly didn’t rate Bonne that highly, and I think he and Gallen are far better to judge on this than any fan. 

I’m willing to put my faith in a man that wants the best for this club and knows far more about football than I ever will.
    I agree with the last statement. His passion for the club is not in dispute, and I want him to succeed, not just for myself as a fan but to reward him for what he's put up with. 

I understand what you're saying about Bonne, but for me it was a dangerous move. Let's say later in the week a club bids 5mil for Pearce and Deji. Now 9 times out of 10 you accept that offer because it's a generous one for the players concerned. But you have to weigh up what you can do with that. Can you adequately replace those two for 4k a week? 

Is the wage for Bonne a big deal? What would he have been on? 2k max I reckon. Even if it was over that, we can only use 2k of it anyway. 

I will definitely judge next week. But Bowyer will face in my opinion, deserved criticism if he starts moaning about not being able to replace him, especially if he mentions the salary cap. He knew the circumstances and took the risk. 
  • What's the news on Gunter are they still trying to find a biro?
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't get why people are worried, chill out. We got 2 weeks left and haven't got a game this weekend. Maybe if we haven't signed anyone by then I'll get twitchy. 
  • Would have taken Bogle a few seasons ago but now he's no better than Aneke for that 3rd spot.

With the Schwartz deal falling through and the killer wage cap we're casting a small net in a small river for that line leading forward, were looking at:

Champ 3rd/4th choice
    Top league one
    Best of league 2 and below
    Prem kid loan

The champ choice - would have to put career over money and probably take a 50% pay cut say, 10k down to 5k - not crazy to assume a younger back up would take that deal. 

Top league one - they'd have to really want to move to London and play for us and Bowyer, otherwise would they see moving themselves and family to a club with similar aims and stature for the same pay worthwhile?

Best of league 2 and Below - shouldn't be a problem with wages, bigger club, step up, promotion chasing, just have to find that player, and of course, hope they make the step up, probably not ideal as the main striker.

Prem loan - plenty of quality youngsters, two loanees up top wouldn't be great with recalls etc 

Have no doubt we'll still get the two forwards in, just not sure the perm will be as good (on paper) as Schwartz was.

Fcking wage cap...

Can he play for more than 30 minute full pelt? That would put him ahead of Aneke if so

Remember mate, if you say something about one of our own you'll get laughed at and called weird.
  • This time last week everyone was saying we should sell Bonne for less money than we eventually did.

Bizarre to start turning on Bowyer.
    No, not everyone. 
  • I must admit I'm a bit surprised Gunter hasn't been announced today if the likes of the BBC were running it yesterday as being virtually done. 
  • I know they really don't have to do this.  But it would stop a lot of the speculation (and worry to an extent) on here and elsewhere if the club put out a short statement.  Just to state that the club is working hard on strengthening the team, that they realise fans are concerned, and that there are still 2 weeks until the domestic window closes.  Would just be a recognition that would go some way to keeping the fans engaged.  Just a thought.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I must admit I'm a bit surprised Gunter hasn't been announced today if the likes of the BBC were running it yesterday as being virtually done. 
    He is probably away with Wales in a bubble and may not be able to sign until after the games