Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    Can we still sign free agents from abroad?
    I'd presume so... Provided that they got released from their club before 11pm yesterday
    We can sign anyone we want if they are free agents (from anywhere) or a domestic club. Either on loan or permanent, until next Friday.
  • SamE7 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Can we still sign free agents from abroad?
    I'd presume so... Provided that they got released from their club before 11pm yesterday
    We can sign anyone we want if they are free agents (from anywhere) or a domestic club. Either on loan or permanent, until next Friday.
    If Midgetland only release Schwartz today though he cant play for us until January if we were to sign him

As he'd have been released outside of Denmark's Transfer Window - Thats the point I was making
  • Dazzler21 said:
    If other teams in this league can do it on this budget so can we. Stop being so bloody negative. 

It's CONSTANT.

Still just under 2 weeks left of the window FFS.
    You seem to forget that all other teams in the league put their squads together BEFORE the wage cap came in. Look at Sunderland. They signed Danny Graham. Do you think he is on £3k pw ??

I know I am seen by many on here as pessimistic or (as Boris would say) a doomster & gloomster.......but some of you need to wake up to reality. We are not even playing on a level playing field.
    Danny Graham managed to hit the North Upper from inside the Covered End 6 yard box Saturday - thanks but no thanks 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    What has happened is the Bonne sale has potentially turned into a massive error. With the salary cap it is going to be difficult to entice a striker of the required quality from another lower league club, if there is somebody we need around. There may be some young Premier League loanees that fit the bill but we will probably face Championship competition for the best of those. 

£2m doesn't look such a great deal if it seriously lowers your chances of getting promoted. I am now waiting for a couple of rabbits of the attacking variety to be pulled out of the hat and hoping these are not left to the last minute, where we know things can go pear shaped!
    Plenty of time to find replacements, we will get a young forward on loan from the premier league..

Bonne had to go
    No he didn't

Clubs do refuse to sell players. Or say they'll only sell someone when they have a replacement brought in. There was no rush to do the Bonne deal, it could have happened during the international break...or been cancelled if we couldn't get a replacement in

Last summer we didn't sell Taylor to Brentford, the previous summer we didn't sell Bauer to Blackburn, and that was under Roland. Both players got on with it. 

If we were desperate for the cash, I could entirely understand selling Bonne without a replacement, but surely that's not the case now?
    He had to go, because he isn't good enough, if we didn't sell him then, we would have never have got 2 mill for him! 

Players are lined up, and we won't get them overnight, it takes a bit of time! 

With Bauer and Taylor they were too valuable to the side, so it was worth them playing out there contracts.. 
    there is lined-up and there is signed, two completely different matters. Let's see where we are at 5pm on Friday week. Until then though Bonne's sale looks bad business to me.
  • Unfortunately the wage cap means we are as equally as attractive to sign for as Accrington Stanley are. So when you remember that, it’s not surprising why someone from another country (during a pandemic and uncertainty) whose team just qualified to play in the Champions League doesn’t want to sign!
    And, as someone mentioned yesterday, we are in London where costs are higher, especially housing. A player considering us or Accrington could buy a house far cheaper there than he can here.
    Depends on the player and his ambition.

If he wants to stick around the lower reaches of league one then sign for Accrington. If he wants to join a side with hopes of getting back to the championship then he'd join us.

8-10k a month is easily a good enough wage to live very comfortably down south. Surely these days with players moving around often, most players just rent anyway?
  • Sponsored links:

• 3 year deal at that age and you decline it?

He must really not have wanted to be here.
  • A significant salary jump sounds promising, hopefully means we have a little more then most of us thought. 
  • Laddick01 said:
    3 year deal at that age and you decline it?

He must really not have wanted to be here.

Or perhaps his missus said, "No".......... ?

• I think the experience with Taylor shows us if a player wants out, you are better cashing in whilst you have a chance. Bonne admitted to having his head turned, his performances seemed to suggest that in my eyes. No point having a squad and salary place taken up by someone who's got one eye on the exit door.
    It'll take time but hopefully under TS this won't be happening every 6 months! 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    If other teams in this league can do it on this budget so can we. Stop being so bloody negative. 

It's CONSTANT.

You seem to forget that all other teams in the league put their squads together BEFORE the wage cap came in. Look at Sunderland. They signed Danny Graham. Do you think he is on £3k pw ??

I know I am seen by many on here as pessimistic or (as Boris would say) a doomster & gloomster.......but some of you need to wake up to reality. We are not even playing on a level playing field.
    Some clubs have players on more money than others shocker. 

I think Lee Cattermole was on about half as much as our whole starting 11 at Wembley.  That's before they bought on Grigg and McGeady.

Sunderland aren't the only other team in league 1.  I bet some clubs can only dream of paying what we are to some of our players.  Most clubs in this divison would bite your hand off for some of the "dross" we have.

I have never seen a group of players, who all have pedigree far higher than league 1, written off as being "shit" after 4 league games.  Its, well, unique. 
    Because they have been 'shit' so far this season.  I hope it comes good, but the performances have not been acceptable since the new seasons started.  It might be a hangover from relegation. It might be the teams are bonding, but Bowyer teams usually start the season pretty strong after a tough, physical pre-season.  Its not happened this time and we are on the backfoot.  Fingers crossed it improves. 
  • Well the positive there is we are clearly dishing out decent contracts so no more worrying about players contracts running down and us getting a bad deal 
  • Sponsored links:

• I guess contract length is one way around the salary cap? Pay him £2.5k pw over 3 years is same commitment as £3.75k pw over 2. Works for older players who know they wouldn't get a second or third year elsewhere 
  • Schwartz didn't happen, move along.....
  • MattF said:
    Three year deal and a "significant salary jump" - thats on his 4K a week! If true, that would really hurt our squad building in other areas. 

Midtjylland brought in another forward yesterday, so Schwartz now last in the pecking order of five strikers. And they usually only play one! Still, he sits on a decent contract.

Some comments in Denmark suggest he turned down the deal for family reasons. His spouse/girlfriend in the midst of studies in Denmark. As previously said: Quite sure we are better off! 
  • MattF said:
    So Schwartz turned down a 3 year deal

https://beta.bold.dk/fodbold/nyheder/ronnie-schwartz-takkede-nej-til-tre-aar-i-charlton

The Minister of Plaffa could not finally see himself in Charlton, which was ready with a large contract over three years, bold.dk.

Last season's top scorer in the 3F Superliga, Ronnie Schwartz, has not played a single minute for FC Midtjylland this season, and the 31-year-old striker has long looked like a new man in League 1 club Charlton.

But a few hours before the transfer window closed on Monday, the Minister of Plaffa got cold feet and declined a change. This is what several sources tell bold.dk.

FC Midtjylland and Charlton, which have been taken over by the Danish rich man Thomas Sandgaard, otherwise agreed on a transfer fee of 2.5 million kroner, and the papers were signed between the clubs.

Ronnie Schwartz had negotiated a lucrative three-year agreement, which according to bold.dk's information would ensure him a significant salary jump compared to his current agreement in Central Jutland.

But when he had to put the famous signature on the deal on Monday night, he jumped at the chance.

Ronnie Schwartz had otherwise looked at the conditions in Charlton and visited the club, which in recent weeks has been hot to pick up the Danish bombs.

But an adventure abroad was not the right thing to do, and so trade fell to the ground.

Now the experienced striker has a big task ahead of him in trying to get back on the team card of the defending champions, who on Monday further strengthened their attacking position.

Here, FC Midtjylland picked up the German striker Luca Pfeiffer in the Würzburger Kickers on a four-year deal.

Ronnie Schwartz has a contract with FC Midtjylland until the summer of 2022.
    Ronnie S from FC Midgetland can go get stuffed! Curls his lip at 3 year deal? What a melt.  He'd probably get a hangnail and spend more time bunging up the physios room than Chuks Aweaky anyway.  We're better off without these narcissist muppets.  Josh Parker on one leg would run rings around this Ron Black loser.
    Moving on.
  • BalladMan said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:

It's CONSTANT.

Some clubs have players on more money than others shocker. 

I think Lee Cattermole was on about half as much as our whole starting 11 at Wembley.  That's before they bought on Grigg and McGeady.

Sunderland aren't the only other team in league 1.  I bet some clubs can only dream of paying what we are to some of our players.  Most clubs in this divison would bite your hand off for some of the "dross" we have.

I have never seen a group of players, who all have pedigree far higher than league 1, written off as being "shit" after 4 league games.  Its, well, unique. 
    Because they have been 'shit' so far this season.  I hope it comes good, but the performances have not been acceptable since the new seasons started.  It might be a hangover from relegation. It might be the teams are bonding, but Bowyer teams usually start the season pretty strong after a tough, physical pre-season.  Its not happened this time and we are on the backfoot.  Fingers crossed it improves. 
    We have the same number of points from 4 games as we did when we got promoted.  So what you actually mean is this is exactly the same as 50% of Bowyer's previous starts to the season?

We have been shit, compared to some people's expectations, we have used about 18 players in 4 different formations.  Our season starts against Wigan.  If we are as unbalanced then as we are now I might join in the bed wetting. 
  • mendonca said:
    I wouldn't read into the salary jump line. They probably don't even know of the cap!

This shows the real world impacts of Covid. Moving country with the family in current times versus a pay rise and the security of a 3 year deal. 
    Thought you said don't read into the salary jump?