Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• J BLOCK said:
    MattF said:
    Good - Same with Lockyer - If you aint signing don't train with us. 
    To be fair I thought they had every right to train with us...

Bit like Roger Johnson after we released him and he kept training @ Sparrows Lane for a while
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    I have a feeling there might be a signing or two today, haven’t been given any names.. but assume one is Gunter
    Bravo sir! Looking forward to the second one.
  • J BLOCK said:
    MattF said:
    Lockyer was abit different to Mathews, he was still contracted to us!
  • Interesting timing, as Gunter will be away with the Welsh squad. I can understand why they would want to announce it before tonight, but surprised why it wasn't done earlier in the week
  • J BLOCK said:
    MattF said:

Bit like Roger Johnson after we released him and he kept training @ Sparrows Lane for a while
    Wasn't that because he had had a long injury and we were allowing him to get fit again to move on?
  • Very good signing. Well pleased with that. 
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:
    MattF said:

But he may end up with a club in our league. Best he leaves before others sign and he learns too much about tactics. 
  • Great signing. Throughout all this, I just really want to see Bowyer get the players that he could reasonably want, to be given the chance that he deserves to succeed. It seems very apparent that Gunter is someone that he has wanted for some time, so I am all for it.
    Washington is another player he wanted last year, while Maddison is someone we wanted in January! A bit of a trend here
  • J BLOCK said:
    MattF said:

What right do they have to train with our club? We aren't here to get players fit for other teams. We're here to train players who want to and do play for Charlton Athletic. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    MattF said:
    Lockyer was abit different to Mathews, he was still contracted to us!
    True - But he said he will not be signing a new contract and refused to do so. Get him out of the door if that's the case, we kept him fit for Luton. 
  • RB - Tick! 

Great signing, on the face of it as good as Matthews if not better based on he gets in ahead of him for the national side. He has never dropped to League one. Good work, next! 
  • Great news and if hes playing Wales he must be match fit. We really need to start signing players who can make an immediate impact.
  • Good signing.
  • But, but, but where are all the signings  :/
  • So who do we need now
    2 x striker
    1 x RB
    1 x CB

In order of importance
  • Sponsored links:

• 2 strikers 
    1 cb
    Job done. 

I honestly think we have the best midfield in league one once Gilbey is back 
    In theory! 
  • Perhaps Gunter will be unveiled in his Charlton shirt at Wembley tonight. Far more important than the friendly match!
    Yeah, you can imagine it, can't you?

The Wales team run out onto the pitch tonight - and there's Gunter wearing his red Charlton shirt!

• Great signing. Throughout all this, I just really want to see Bowyer get the players that he could reasonably want, to be given the chance that he deserves to succeed. It seems very apparent that Gunter is someone that he has wanted for some time, so I am all for it.
    Washington is another player he wanted last year, while Maddison is someone we wanted in January! A bit of a trend here
    Gilbey too, Bowyer said we wanted him in January but the embargo stopped us
  • Anyone know if Koiki is signing / has signed for us?  Absolutely zip on this thread that I can see.
  •                   Amos
    Gunter   Akin   Pearce    New LB
       Watson    Gilbey    Levitt
    Maddison    New ST    Doughty

Decent team with everybody fit (haha), Aneke i like but never fit. Washington not convinced so far and definitely need another CB.
  • 2 strikers
    1 CB

After that we still need an extra defender at least, as that would leave us
    1 LB (+ Doughty and Famewo)
    4 CBs (+ Pratley)
    1 RB (+ Oshilaja)

With an extra LB (Koiki), Purrington could play in the centre as CB cover I guess