Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• I'm sure that there must be a way around this bloody wage cap problem.

For example:

Ask the selling club to pay the player a 'farewell bonus' and then buy something irrelevant like a car from said club for the same amount.

Buy a house for the player to live in for free with the agreement that he gets the house for free at the end of the contract.

Allow players to claim extortionate expenses on away days.

Buy free holidays for players.

I realise that my ideas may not be legally possible but surely there must be a loophole somewhere.
    If we've got the money and we want the player then pay a legal team to sort it out.
    I was thinking this the other day, in the past clubs used to own houses that players were able to live in (though not given for free at the end of the contract :-) ). Although I guess these days a simple 2 up 2 down would only be suitable for the servants & bitches.
    Has anyone bought Lyle Taylor's house yet  ;)
    He might need in back in a few months when he joins Ebbsfleet in loan.
  • T said:
    TEL said:
    siblers said:
    Apologies if been asked already and I can't find an answer myself.

If we get a player on loan and the club loaning the player agrees to pay x amount of his wage, is that amount still included in the salary cap? Or would just the amount that Charlton pay for the wage be counted in the cap? 
    wondered that too....sensible question :)
    i have found this - so it must work the other way as well 

Payments directly linked to a Club’s progression in cup competitions or promotion are excluded from the Cap, while any income generated from players going out on loan is deducted from the Club’s Salary Cap calculation

"Congrats on beating Brighton u23's on Penalties here is half a million quid and it's doubled if we go up"

That's surely the way to attract players on bigger wages at present? 
    And here is another 6 figure payment for making sure we got knocked out of the group stages of that good forsaken cup. 
  • Gunter being confirmed shortly according to Cawley
  • Wonder who the second signing is that Dubai said may sign?... Koiki?
  • Good - I did hit the enter button, half wanting a pleasant surprise! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Pleased with Gunter. Plenty of experience and always seemed to have a good attitude. If Bowyer think he’s a step up from Matthews then I welcome his addition. 
  • edited October 2020
    Koiki the other perhaps?
  • Pleased with Gunter. Plenty of experience and always seemed to have a good attitude. If Bowyer think he’s a step up from Matthews then I welcome his addition. 
    I don't think he sees it as a step up......just we need a right back & Matthew's is holding out for a Championship club. 
  • Perhaps Gunter will be unveiled in his Charlton shirt at Wembley tonight. Far more important than the friendly match!
  • Scoham said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I have a feeling there might be a signing or two today, haven’t been given any names.. but assume one is Gunter
    🚨 @Dazzler21 @Dazzler21 @Dazzler21 🚨 
     2 rows added.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pleased with Gunter, other than Koiki who else is a transfer target?
  • Confirmed on OS. Great signing.
  • Gunter is a very good signing at the level we are at, hugely experienced

....we can now watch him get injured tonight ;)