Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• We need a modern day Shaun Bartlett.

Or a Darren Bent
    We've already got Washington.

• Good signing happy with that. 

My wish list

LB
    RCB
    MC
    F
    F

This would be exactly it....best case scenario. I could see bostock being the CM but LB & SG understandably will not invest our salary budget into another midfielder until we have signed the strikers and know what's left in the pot.

Expect we will also need philips to leave and maybe a young mid to go out on loan for us to bring in all of these 
  • Richard J said:
    Rochdale signing Bola on loan from Arsenal. 

Obviously he was one who went down the pecking order after the takeover. 
    Asked a friend who saw Brighton vs Arsenal U23 fixture - he did nothing of note in that particular game, didn't stand out at all.
  • CB and striker are the next two musts on the list for me. Another quality CB at least then gives you the option to play a 3 with Famewo and Pearce as the other 2. 
  • Ferryman said:
    Richard J said:
    Rochdale signing Bola on loan from Arsenal. 

Obviously he was one who went down the pecking order after the takeover. 
    Asked a friend who saw Brighton vs Arsenal U23 fixture - he did nothing of note in that particular game, didn't stand out at all.
    one player in the Arsenal U23 that would be a great signing is Balogun. 
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    I knew there was going to be 2 announcements today, I just assumed both were signings
    How many announcements to be made tomorrow?  :smile:

•                   Amos
    Gunter   Akin   Pearce    New LB
       Watson    Gilbey    Levitt
    Maddison    New ST    Doughty

Decent team with everybody fit (haha), Aneke i like but never fit. Washington not convinced so far and definitely need another CB.
    I really can't see Famewo and Pearce playing together as they are both left footed. 

After the last time LB paired two left central defenders together - Sarr and Pearce - it ended with Pearce having an awful game and LB saying he wouldn't want to do that again. 
    Famewo looks to be ok on his right foot too from what I have seen. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Sage said:

The biggest target though has to be a striker and I am pretty sure they're getting close to signing one. 

Smart move.

I see you're not daft enough to name the striker - in case it goes t*ts up, and you end up in the red on Dazzler's list.

Damn, you got me! The risk of being placed on that dreaded list keeps me up at night... :wink:
  • Sage said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Sage said:

The biggest target though has to be a striker and I am pretty sure they're getting close to signing one. 

Smart move.

I see you're not daft enough to name the striker - in case it goes t*ts up, and you end up in the red on Dazzler's list.

Damn, you got me! The risk of being placed on that dreaded list keeps me up at night... :wink:
    The fear of being named and shamed on Dazzler's dreaded list has killed off all the ITKs.  :smile:

• Happy with Gunter. Will be even happier when we get a couple of strikers on board. Not ITK but sure LB won't let us down with his choices.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2020
    The list can be good for your rep, not affect it at all or be bad for it. 

Moved Dubai's second 'signing' to withdrawn. 

(And everyone should get the idea by now it's a bit of fun. I may even stop updating it soon)
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    So who do we need now
    2 x striker
    1 x RB
    1 x CB

In order of importance
    I would say a RB is now way down that list.  Oshilaja can do a job there as cover.  Despite the stick he gets he is good enough to be a back up right back in league 1 isn't he? 

As long as Oshilaja never plays at LB again.
    To play 3 times in that position during the mini League 9 matches was just wrong. Ok against Hull they had a left footed guy on the right wing but he can't tackle with his left foot so why did he play there again ? Hopefully Bowyer won't have to play square pegs in round holes this season.

We will improve after this window and the next one. The quality of the two new strikers will determine if we finish in the top 6.

• You can't beat a nervous wink!
  • edited October 2020
    Gunter a good signing.

Now the two real key areas to get sorted.

A CB
    A CF

I agree, but I would turn CF into a good goal scorer. We have had CF who are not good goal scorers. Josh Magennis had a 1 in 4 scoring record at CAFC which isn't good enough if you want to be promoted from League 1.

Bradley Wright-Phillips had many games where he didn't function but he scored 1 in 2 games in League 1.

The days when we go for non scoring forwards like the hard working Josh Parker must be history.

Ps. It took me 6 attempts to spell Josh's Magennis's name correct, I'm pleased he left !
  • Do we know, or has it been confirmed that Matthews has 
    actually been told to go, or maybe he is away talking with
    another club, so he may still be involved potentially with us.
    I know we have Chris signed, but no problem having Matthews
    also :)
    Has been confirmed by Cawley that Matthews isnt training with the club anymore... His source is usually Bowyer 
    Has been confirmed by Cawley that Matthews isnt training with the club anymore... His source is usually Bowyer 
    Gotcha probably sound  :)
  • Was we looking at Ryan Shotton a while back? His names appeared a few times on social media lately.