Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    So who do we need now
    2 x striker
    1 x RB
    1 x CB

In order of importance
    I would say a RB is now way down that list.  Oshilaja can do a job there as cover.  Despite the stick he gets he is good enough to be a back up right back in league 1 isn't he? 

As long as Oshilaja never plays at LB again.
    To play 3 times in that position during the mini League 9 matches was just wrong. Ok against Hull they had a left footed guy on the right wing but he can't tackle with his left foot so why did he play there again ? Hopefully Bowyer won't have to play square pegs in round holes this season.

We will improve after this window and the next one. The quality of the two new strikers will determine if we finish in the top 6.

I also doubt he would be up against the same quality of opposition this season.... 
  • Gunter a good signing.

Now the two real key areas to get sorted.

A CB
    A CF

I agree, but I would turn CF into a good goal scorer. We have had CF who are not good goal scorers. Josh Magennis had a 1 in 4 scoring record at CAFC which isn't good enough if you want to be promoted from League 1.

Bradley Wright-Phillips had many games where he didn't function but he scored 1 in 2 games in League 1.

The days when we go for non scoring forwards like the hard working Josh Parker must be history.

Ps. It took me 6 attempts to spell Josh's Magennis's name correct, I'm pleased he left !
    Magennis was a converted goalkeeper. There have improbably been keepers with a better scoring record that his at c/f !
    To be fair his goal scoring record with us, 10 goals a season isn't L1, isn't horrendous as he also did a lot of good work for the team as a target man. If he had been paired with a decent goalscorer, which is what Ajose was meant to be, nobody would questioned his worth

Yann's ratio in the title season was after all only 1 in 3, as we had BWP to be the main scorer plus goals from elsewhere on the pitch, notably Jacko
  • edited October 2020
    Was we looking at Ryan Shotton a while back? His names appeared a few times on social media lately.
    Big experienced defender, better than we currently have. So I would be happy with that 
  • edited October 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    So who do we need now
    2 x striker
    1 x RB
    1 x CB

In order of importance
    I would say a RB is now way down that list.  Oshilaja can do a job there as cover.  Despite the stick he gets he is good enough to be a back up right back in league 1 isn't he? 

As long as Oshilaja never plays at LB again.
    To play 3 times in that position during the mini League 9 matches was just wrong. Ok against Hull they had a left footed guy on the right wing but he can't tackle with his left foot so why did he play there again ? Hopefully Bowyer won't have to play square pegs in round holes this season.

We will improve after this window and the next one. The quality of the two new strikers will determine if we finish in the top 6.

I also doubt he would be up against the same quality of opposition this season.... 

Agree, at RB or CB, depending on injuries or form but a lively Right winger, right wing back or right midfielder will expose him even in League 1 if he is ever a LB again.
  • Sorry but fail to see how Gunter is a 'great signing'.

Matthews was probably our best player for the last few games of last season and our best defender for most of it.

It looks like we have failed to to retain his services despite the new ownership buzz which seems to have fizzled out before it even started.

Our squad still looks painfully weak even for this league. When people start fondly remembering Magennis who despite his great effort, had the turning circle of  a large container ship with one engine broken, you know there is a major problem.
    I read the situation that originally Matthews wanted to go elsewhere but has since realised it might be better to stay put (due to the takeover). But we have moved on, he is no longer training with us as we have sorted his position now.
  • edited October 2020
    Who was the guy Roland vetoed us signing after we sold KAG and went to Plymouth (I think) instead? What's he up to these days?
  • Sponsored links:

• Was we looking at Ryan Shotton a while back? His names appeared a few times on social media lately.
    Out of contract so agent will be working hard to get him a gig for the season. Wrong side of 30 but a good right footed CH. No doubting he could do a job for us though.

Matthews was probably our best player for the last few games of last season and our best defender for most of it.

It looks like we have failed to to retain his services despite the new ownership buzz which seems to have fizzled out before it even started.

Our squad still looks painfully weak even for this league. When people start fondly remembering Magennis who despite his great effort, had the turning circle of  a large container ship with one engine broken, you know there is a major problem.
    Who is playing for wales tonight, Gunter or Matthews?
    The " i "  newspaper reporting Wales rb tonight is N Williams.

Connor Roberts has been their RB in recent games. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Oggy Red said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I knew there was going to be 2 announcements today, I just assumed both were signings
    How many announcements to be made tomorrow?  :smile:

😉
    Proper ITK.

And to think I used to believe you were the Fake Sheik. :smile:

• Who was the guy Roland vetoed us signing after we sold KAG and went to Plymouth (I think) instead? What's he up to these days?
    Was it Freddie Ladapo? Now at Rotherham

Dunno yet... Teams havent been announced ;)

A short story.

Gunter is first choice international right back, picked ahead of Matthews.

I knew I should have checked before typing.

ok, who is away on international duty, Gunter or Matthews?
  • Sponsored links:

• Who was the guy Roland vetoed us signing after we sold KAG and went to Plymouth (I think) instead? What's he up to these days?
    Wasnt that Mo Eisa @ Peterborough?
    No, Graham Carey I believe?
  • edited October 2020
    Sorry but fail to see how Gunter is a 'great signing'.

I'm relieved that Gunter isn't starting tonight. I can't stand it when our players get long injuries in International matches.

Plenty of Charlton games he could pick  :/
  • SamE7 said:
    Who was the guy Roland vetoed us signing after we sold KAG and went to Plymouth (I think) instead? What's he up to these days?
    No, Graham Carey I believe?

No none of the names mentioned so far are the one I was thinking of. Have a feeling he was being released by Wolves (maybe) but my memory is fuzzy.
  • edited October 2020
    Sorry but fail to see how Gunter is a 'great signing'.

I'm relieved that Gunter isn't starting tonight. I can't stand it when our players get long injuries in International matches.

Didn't "he who should not be named", bog brush head injure himself tripping over a blade of grass training with the Timbukto squad?

We are not lucky.

Didn't "he who should not be named", bog brush head injure himself tripping over a blade of grass training with the Timbukto squad?

We are not lucky.

Let soapy stays fit then  ;)

(I'll get me coat)