Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• What has happened is the Bonne sale has potentially turned into a massive error. With the salary cap it is going to be difficult to entice a striker of the required quality from another lower league club, if there is somebody we need around. There may be some young Premier League loanees that fit the bill but we will probably face Championship competition for the best of those. 

£2m doesn't look such a great deal if it seriously lowers your chances of getting promoted. I am now waiting for a couple of rabbits of the attacking variety to be pulled out of the hat and hoping these are not left to the last minute, where we know things can go pear shaped!
    And of course, if Orient are due £400k, then we receive £1.6m. How much of this is actually intended to buy players and how much is going to be used to wipe debts?
  • What has happened is the Bonne sale has potentially turned into a massive error. With the salary cap it is going to be difficult to entice a striker of the required quality from another lower league club, if there is somebody we need around. There may be some young Premier League loanees that fit the bill but we will probably face Championship competition for the best of those. 

£2m doesn't look such a great deal if it seriously lowers your chances of getting promoted. I am now waiting for a couple of rabbits of the attacking variety to be pulled out of the hat and hoping these are not left to the last minute, where we know things can go pear shaped!
    Plenty of time to find replacements, we will get a young forward on loan from the premier league..

Bonne had to go
  • edited October 2020
    So instead of signing for us, Schwartz would prefer to stay at Midtjylland with absolutely no prospect of any playing time.

Says a lot for us then!
    Maybe a team near the bottom of the 3rd tier of English football wasn't that enticing....🤔
  • Chunes said:
    Remember when we were in a relegation battle with a massacred squad and heading into the last day of the transfer window with still no reinforcements incoming? And everyone was calling those who were worrying 'bedwetters.'

Now we have a new owner, no transfer embargo, some very decent signings in already and only a cap to overcome and because some bloke we'd never heard of, who might actually never have been signing anyway, didn't come in, people are falling to pieces.

I really don't understand this site sometimes.
    It is the unknown factors of ‘salary cap’ and ‘decent signings already’ that mean people are jittery.  Add in a pandemic with no incoming revenue, you can understand why people are worried about the outcome. It is completely feasible that events could conspire to cause serious issues (even relegation) for a team that encountered all the above following relegation and most of their senior squad out of contract. It COULD be a perfect storm which we will hope does not happen but people are reasonably worried.  
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    What has happened is the Bonne sale has potentially turned into a massive error. With the salary cap it is going to be difficult to entice a striker of the required quality from another lower league club, if there is somebody we need around. There may be some young Premier League loanees that fit the bill but we will probably face Championship competition for the best of those. 

Plenty of time to find replacements, we will get a young forward on loan from the premier league..

Bonne had to go
    We may well do but he will be raw and probably have no first team experience and that’s who we will be relying on to fire us to promotion. Never works out well for us.
  • edited October 2020
    If Schwartz didn't want to sign for us, he's as bad as if not worse than Bonne. Good riddance. And welcome to the crazy world of the transfer market, Mr Sandgaard.
  • edited October 2020
    So instead of signing for us, Schwartz would prefer to stay at Midtjylland with absolutely no prospect of any playing time.

Says a lot for us then!
    Might say more about “him” tho...
  • Sponsored links:

• Not too fussed that Schwartz hasn't happened in the end , think he might have been decent but when put in the current context of things I can understand staying in Denmark.

Does make the striker hunt a bit harder now as domestically people will know we have the money from Bonne + any TS investment so could see some price hikes , but I trust Gallen and Bows to get 2 in. 
  • We need a striker in their peak and maybe a youngster on loan.
  • Would the likes of Paddy madden or Gnanduillett have to take a pay cut to come to us?
  • edited October 2020
    Or we need to get Aneke fit and keep him that way and if, and it is an if, Bowyer doesn't appreciate what Aneke can bring to the team, he needs to start doing so. I worry he pays too much attention to what he sees in training! I appreciate he couldn't play a full game on Saturday, but he was chronically underused at the end of last season. But when he came on defenders stood off him an extra half a yard. It was clearly noticeable.

The season we got promoted, we were fortunate Taylor was fit throughout and maybe we are looking at these levels of luck. But maybe there are some good strikers being lined up. I haven't said there are not, it is just I am having difficulty identifying where they are going to come from. 

My position was that Bonne shouldn't have been sold without a replacement. And he certainly shouldn't have been publicly blamed for missing chances against Lincoln that he didn't have.

In his first season in a struggling side, he was a one in three championship striker. All those people not rating him can ignore that fact as much as they like. But it remains a fact and the reason QPR forked out £2m for him.  
  • So instead of signing for us, Schwartz would prefer to stay at Midtjylland with absolutely no prospect of any playing time.

Says a lot for us then!
    Maybe a team near the bottom of the 3rd tier of English football wasn't that enticing....🤔
    Yes, I’m sure a professional footballer of 13 years would judge a team on their league position after 4 games!!!
  • Would the likes of Paddy madden or Gnanduillett have to take a pay cut to come to us?
    Probably, if you assume strikers are the best paid players at clubs AND the league average is 1.7k.  The 1st team striker average is probably about 3k?  With a lot on much more than that. 
  • Chunes said:
    Remember when we were in a relegation battle with a massacred squad and heading into the last day of the transfer window with still no reinforcements incoming? And everyone was calling those who were worrying 'bedwetters.'

Now we have a new owner, no transfer embargo, some very decent signings in already and only a cap to overcome and because some bloke we'd never heard of, who might actually never have been signing anyway, didn't come in, people are falling to pieces.

I really don't understand this site sometimes.
    Only sometimes?
  • edited October 2020
    We do have a strong midfield and that is a big positive.
  • So instead of signing for us, Schwartz would prefer to stay at Midtjylland with absolutely no prospect of any playing time.

Says a lot for us then!
    Do you know that the move didn’t happen for footballing reasons? The guy is 31, I’m assuming and yes this is an assumption without fact that he has a young family, moving to England, no help from parents and in laws, new schools, another new house. Maybe he decided the best thing for his family was to stay put and think about his family.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2020
  • It really doesn't matter why the move broke down. These things can and do. We don't know much about the player, we had to trust others on that. But at least if we had signed Schwartz a logic for selling Bonne would have appeared.
  • The rebuild will be a slow process over quite a few transfer windows. 
    If Bowyer settles on a team and formation, and sticks with it then top half should be possible this season which will be a good first step. 
  • Never heard of the guy before this happened . 
    If he doesn’t wasn’t to come then that’s his loss . 
    We move on . 
  • Schwartz not happening 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    What has happened is the Bonne sale has potentially turned into a massive error. With the salary cap it is going to be difficult to entice a striker of the required quality from another lower league club, if there is somebody we need around. There may be some young Premier League loanees that fit the bill but we will probably face Championship competition for the best of those. 

Bonne had to go
    We may well do but he will be raw and probably have no first team experience and that’s who we will be relying on to fire us to promotion. Never works out well for us.

Maybe raw and no first team experience, but will still be better than Bonne! 
  • If Schwartz didn't want to sign us, he's as bad as if not worse than Bonne. Good riddance. And welcome to the crazy world of the transfer market, Mr Sandgaard.
    I don’t blame any foreign player for not committing to us with what’s going on at the moment. Perhaps for 2k a week he eventually decided it wasn’t enough to move himself and his family to a new country during a worldwide pandemic. Also explains why we may go back in January, so both he and we can see where the world and Charlton stand. So comparing to Bonne is very unfair.
    To be fair we could have offered £5k a week... If we really wanted him.