Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• If the extension is for paperwork to be signed, not agreed surely it’s either all but sorted awaiting the signatures or off till Jan. One other possibility is we’ve paid the fee and had his contract terminated so he can sign whenever. That’s a risk though incase he simply turns us down and goes elsewhere. 
    I wondered this too. I guess it's possible the Danish club could terminate his contract so he could still sign for us.

Seems unlikely though 
    If they terminate it now though its outside of their transfer window so he surely wouldnt be allowed to play until January - With Hemed we could sign him as our Transfer Window had closed but a Transfer Window was still open in England (League One / League Two) so because of that we exploited a loophole which ultimately didnt really work
  • Oggy Red said:
    If the extension is for paperwork to be signed, not agreed surely it’s either all but sorted awaiting the signatures or off till Jan. One other possibility is we’ve paid the fee and had his contract terminated so he can sign whenever. That’s a risk though incase he simply turns us down and goes elsewhere. 
    Wouldn't signing Rocket Ronnie also need International clearance?

I would imagine so, but that wouldn’t line up with Martin saying ‘paperwork is in front of him.’ Also Arsenal have just signed Partey in a matter of 4 hours so unless we’re being very cautious I can’t see it being a huge issue. 
  • If the extension is for paperwork to be signed, not agreed surely it’s either all but sorted awaiting the signatures or off till Jan. One other possibility is we’ve paid the fee and had his contract terminated so he can sign whenever. That’s a risk though incase he simply turns us down and goes elsewhere. 
    I wondered this too. I guess it's possible the Danish club could terminate his contract so he could still sign for us.

Seems unlikely though 
    If they terminate it now though its outside of their transfer window so he surely wouldnt be allowed to play until January - With Hemed we could sign him as our Transfer Window had closed but a Transfer Window was still open in England (League One / League Two) so because of that we exploited a loophole which ultimately didnt really work
    My theory was it was done before the deadline.
  • edited October 2020
    Rudders22 said:
    so we didn't get him then
    Until Cawley confirms otherwise I'm keeping my hopes up

(No slur against you Rudders)
  • Scoham said:
    Don’t know about you lot but I’m staying up for the 1am deadline.

Urgh. Wish people would stop posting this. Bad memories 
  • Schwartz deal is off, according to Danish newspaper BT. Reported 2 minutes ago.
  • edited October 2020
    Looks like it’s collapsed...

hope Gallen has something up his sleeve, because we look buggered! 

I fear a mediocre season in league on awaits
  • Sponsored links:

• That link in English 

FOOTBALL Last season's top scorer in the Super League, Ronnie Schwartz, must stay at FC Midtjylland, even though he has had to look far for playing time this season.

Herning Folkeblad learns that the switch to the English club Charlton Athletic FC, which was close, has fallen to the ground at the last minute.

The 31-year-old striker came to FCM from Silkeborg IF during the winter break and helped win the Danish championship this summer. But this season he has not even been in the fighting squad at FCM.

According to Folkebladet's information, a change was largely in place. What has made it so that it has not come to anything after all is uncertain.

Ronnie Schwartz must thus stay with the champions with no prospect of playing time - unless there can be a switch through to a club in a country where the transfer window is still open.

• Look guys we've had our Danish superstar striker in Makienok, getting another so soon is just to much to ask!
  • And now I've broken my F5 button ...... and all for nothing.

• This has fast become Schrödinger's transfer
  • Still doesn’t really explain Martin Sandgaard’s comment, odd. 
  • MattF said:
    This has fast become Schrödinger's transfer
    Yeah, who would want to be Steve Gallen or Lee Bowyer tonight?

• Sponsored links:

• edited October 2020
    https://www.bold.dk/fodbold/nyheder/schwartz-rykker-alligevel-ikke-til-charlton/

Everything seemed to be in place, but Ronnie Schwartz still does not continue his career in English Charlton.

In the dying hours of Monday's transfer window, FC Midtjylland had agreed with Charlton on a sale of Ronnie Schwartz, but the agreement does not materialize.

According to bold.dk’s information, it is Schwartz himself who has chosen to turn down the offer from the League 1 club.

Schwartz thus looks set to stay at FCM unless he finds another club from a country where the window is not yet closed.

31-year-old Schwartz has not conceded a single minute for FCM this season.
  • edited October 2020
    https://www.tipsbladet.dk/nyhed/superliga/avis-ronnie-schwartz-skifte-er-faldet-til-jorden

Charlton will not benefit from Ronnie Schwartz this time around, it is reported.

BY MADS BYE MARBOE
    OCTOBER 6. 2020 KL. 00:36

It looked like Ronnie Schwartz would have to replace the Superligaen and FC Midtjylland with League One and Charlton, but that's not how it will go anyway. Herning Folkeblad experiences this.

According to the newspaper, the shift was largely in place before unknown causes caused the deal to fall to the ground.

It thus looks like Schwartz has to stay in FC Midtjylland, where the prospects for playing time are not good. It seems unlikely that a switch to another club has been negotiated in place before the transfer window closes.

FC Midtjylland picked up 31-year-old Schwartz from Silkeborg IF in the winter transfer window.

He has since scored six times in 15 matches and secured the Super League's top scorer title, but this season he has not even been in the squad.
  • Reckon Bowyer was stalling anyway.

This was a TS signing surely.
  • I'd prefer somebody who doesn't have to adjust to the country and harsh realities of L1 without any previous know how. 

I don’t understand the link other than the tenuous one of nationality. As far as we know, TS has spent the last 25 years in the States and the football he does watch is all English. I doubt he was even aware of who Ronnie Schwartz was until a couple of weeks ago.
    Wasn’t it said early on that though initial contact was made with Sandgaard, Gallen was happy with the signing? If we’ve pushed the deal to the deadline it’d seem we were definitely interested. 

I don’t understand the link other than the tenuous one of nationality. As far as we know, TS has spent the last 25 years in the States and the football he does watch is all English. I doubt he was even aware of who Ronnie Schwartz was until a couple of weeks ago.
    Plus i think i've read Bowyer has something in his contract that suggests he has final say in transfers anyway.
  • We move on.
    It may even have happened.

• I am not bothered to be honest. Never heard of him before 2 weeks ago.  We can do better. He will probably sign for another Danish club,  There are plenty of players of out there out that will be looking for clubs.