Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Martin Sandgaard has said there is still hope for Shwartz. 

“He’s got the paperwork in front of him”
    Where has he said this? Not questioning you just curious lol
    I asked him. He’s a streamer so you can easily contact him if you really wanted to. 

Schwartz didn’t sign the paperwork in the end unfortunately, we may go in for him in January apparently.
    What's his twitch? 
  • Looks like it’s to plan B, or maybe even plan A. I can’t imagine this was a target Lee and Gallen had in mind just one that landed on their lap and they wanted to do. It does potentially put more pressure on us getting a striker in, with domestic clubs now knowing we have no other option. 
  • Rudders22 said:
    I am not bothered to be honest. Never heard of him before 2 weeks ago.  We can do better. He will probably sign for another Danish club,  There are plenty of players of out there out that will be looking for clubs.  
    I'm not bothered about him BUT he was clearly a main target of ours, and you imagine that when we sold Bonne it was in the expectation that he would be one of the replacement strikers. 
  • Well at least we didn't sell Doughty, did we?
    Yet. Can still be sold to a PL club up to 5pm Friday week.
  • He'd be shit for us anyway!
  • Rudders22 said:
    I am not bothered to be honest. Never heard of him before 2 weeks ago.  We can do better. He will probably sign for another Danish club,  There are plenty of players of out there out that will be looking for clubs.  
    I'm not bothered about him BUT he was clearly a main target of ours, and you imagine that when we sold Bonne it was in the expectation that he would be one of the replacement strikers. 
    Agree. Seems like a lot of hassle to negotiate for 2 or 3 weeks on and off, get a medical done, etc. Can't imagine he wasn't wanted by Bowyer and Gallen. Hopefully he wasn't a factor in the Bonne decision and there are plenty more on the list.
  • Hopefully we wake up to good news but if the Danish press are correct that it is off, then we move on.
  • Rudders22 said:
    I was going to say that if the Sandgaard deal fell through:

‘I’m not bothered to be honest. Never heard of him six weeks ago. We can do better. He will probably buy another League One Club. There are plenty of other potential owners out there looking for clubs.’
  • Sponsored links:

• IF our best chance of getting strikers is now loans, then we need to start signing some defenders on permanent deals, seeing that we have 2 loans in our squad already.
  • Gallen and Bowyers job seems almost more difficult this transfer window than any before (except for the Jan Southall debacle), with huge holes in our squad, a tiny salary cap and the relatively cheap overseas transfer market closed and a week to go in the UK... Good luck with that chaps!
  • Not sure what it was doing on the transfer thread but a bit late to the journey down memory lane I met Lucien Masiello when he was "running down" his Italian contract "unofficially advising" a team in the London Spartan League.

Based on the team performance he was good at the job.

Really nice, very confident guy who was seriously stitched up by his first Italian club who dumped him onto a C level club by letter without a word. Our Chairman would have loved to sign him but it was too much of a risk as he was simply too well known locally.
  • People still use Wikipedia as a source because it's always completely 100% accurate 
    It's true Paulie
  • See just like that its back to FC Midtjylland

• Sponsored links:

• Just logged in and read through. Have to say I was absolutely delighted with the signings. Emphasising the 'was' as having got through the evenings posts I was elated and deflated all at the same time. The 'We couldn't quite get the deal over the line' is not a joke anymore. I'm pretty annoyed that the rumour mill is wrong again. It would be nice to know why the deal for Schwartz fell through. Surely the bullshit days have passed. 

• edited October 2020
    What has happened is the Bonne sale has potentially turned into a massive error. With the salary cap it is going to be difficult to entice a striker of the required quality from another lower league club, if there is somebody we need around. There may be some young Premier League loanees that fit the bill but we will probably face Championship competition for the best of those. 

£2m doesn't look such a great deal if it seriously lowers your chances of getting promoted. I am now waiting for a couple of rabbits of the attacking variety to be pulled out of the hat and hoping these are not left to the last minute, where we know things can go pear shaped!
  • A week or so ago I had no clue who Ronnie Schwartz was. His career doesn't  look that wonderful and I have no idea what calibre the teams he has played for are like. 
    Why should Ibbe pissed off by another who will only disappoint in the end.
    Not sure why Jordan Ibbe would be pissed off, or disappointed. He just got his move sorted to Derby.

;-) (Ibe I know)
  • edited October 2020
    I'm not sure how the closing of the international window has changed anything to be honest. We're not signing anyone from abroad. Big whoop. Onwards.
  • What has happened is the Bonne sale has potentially turned into a massive error. With the salary cap it is going to be difficult to entice a striker of the required quality from another lower league club, if there is somebody we need around. There may be some young Premier League loanees that fit the bill but we will probably face Championship competition for the best of those. 

£2m doesn't look such a great deal if it seriously lowers your chances of getting promoted. I am now waiting for a couple of rabbits of the attacking variety to be pulled out of the hat and hoping these are not left to the last minute, where we know things can go pear shaped!
    Yeah but if Bonne wanted away then sell him. Can’t be having sulky players who think QPR is a move to the promised land 
  • Just logged in and read through. Have to say I was absolutely delighted with the signings. Emphasising the 'was' as having got through the evenings posts I was elated and deflated all at the same time. The 'We couldn't quite get the deal over the line' is not a joke anymore. I'm pretty annoyed that the rumour mill is wrong again. It would be nice to know why the deal for Schwartz fell through. Surely the bullshit days have passed. 

Were we definitely, actually, in for him in the first place? 
  • So instead of signing for us, Schwartz would prefer to stay at Midtjylland with absolutely no prospect of any playing time.

Says a lot for us then!
  • se9addick said:
    Just logged in and read through. Have to say I was absolutely delighted with the signings. Emphasising the 'was' as having got through the evenings posts I was elated and deflated all at the same time. The 'We couldn't quite get the deal over the line' is not a joke anymore. I'm pretty annoyed that the rumour mill is wrong again. It would be nice to know why the deal for Schwartz fell through. Surely the bullshit days have passed. 

Were we definitely, actually, in for him in the first place? 
    I guess we return to the ITK issue and rumour not being fact. WIOTOS