Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Ferryman said:
    Won’t be any incomings from Denmark today. Schwartz deal is off. 
    The new Chris Malkin!
    Let’s hope we don’t sign Bradley Allen instead. 
    Sad to say, I do believe we've missed the boat on that one.

He’s only 49. He’s probably got 15 mins left in him.
    So longer than Aneke?
    Am I the only one who read that as Anelka?

I'll get me coat.
  • We need to do some business now. The story of Charlton in recent years is hanging on for players we don't get.
  • CAFC could negotciate with Phillips and come to an arrangement to cancel his contract before the window shuts,  thus making him a free agent.
  • Can I be the first to announce that Darren Purse has been having talks.🧐
  • Dansk_Red said:
    CAFC could negotciate with Phillips and come to an arrangement to cancel his contract before the window shuts,  thus making him a free agent.
    Why would we want to do that? - We'd get him off the wages but then we're missing out on a potential fee for him too
    And a sell on clause to try to recoup the monies we would lose on his value due to his contract.

We also have the January window, if he fails to leave now, there is a chance he could still be sold in January.
  • bobmunro said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Ferryman said:
    The new Chris Malkin!

So longer than Aneke?

I'll get me coat.

Yes you are Bob.

Am I the only person who when he see's
    the Name Gok Wan reads Go Wank ?

Sorry, back to the transfers.

• Dansk_Red said:
    CAFC could negotciate with Phillips and come to an arrangement to cancel his contract before the window shuts,  thus making him a free agent.
    We could, but why are we rejecting fees and then giving him away?
  • We need to do some business now. The story of Charlton in recent years is hanging on for players we don't get.
    Ahh, the old "They really wanted to come to Charlton, but we couldn't quite get the deal over the line."

We must.have one of those rubber stamp and ink sets,  with an admin worker sat at a desk and Bowyer shouting out, "Next window, next window, next window, next window, next window."
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2020
    Reported to join on the BBC...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54422719

• Bowyer was right to cash in on Bonne as he didn't want to be here - he even said his "head was turned" and it was good money.

Bowyer is right to keep Dillon out of the team - sign a new deal or leave. Plus in Amos we have a keeper that is proven to good enough for this level.

I think everyone needs to relax a bit. Our deadline is next Friday so Lee and Steve should take their time to bring in the right players for the team and club. Why rush someone in now when they can't play until the 17th anyway!
    I agree.

However, one thing with getting people through the door earlier, is they get a week or so training with their new teammates, building relationships and working within a system. 

Would be nice for any of our new signings to hit the ground running and we start getting into form.
  • bobmunro said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Ferryman said:
    The new Chris Malkin!

So longer than Aneke?

I'll get me coat.
    Still accurate :)
  • Dansk_Red said:
    Why?
  • I can't wait for the day when the incoming players are better than the players leaving.

Until that happens you keep on dropping.
    That's how football works 
  • Dansk_Red said:
    Why would we want to do that? - We'd get him off the wages but then we're missing out on a potential fee for him too
    Redrobo said:

Dansk_Red said:
    We could, but why are we rejecting fees and then giving him away?
    Dansk_Red said:
    Why?
    Don’t think this idea has passed the focus group @Dansk_Red
  • edited October 2020
    I can't wait for the day when the incoming players are better than the players leaving.

Until that happens you keep on dropping.
    That's how football works 
    Are we assuming Matthews (who is being kept out of the Wales squad by Gunter) is better than Gunter?

Surely that's our only way of comparing them is how they perform in the same squad... And Gunter hasn't played in ours but another professional Manager sees Gunter as better than Matthews in the same squad.  

If Bowyer thinks Gunter is
    1. Better
    and
    2. More affordable
    and
    3. More achievable

Then I guess IBWT. 

• Sponsored links:

• Reported to join on the BBC...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54422719

The BBC has just come across Pete O'Rourke's twitter from this morning. 

• edited October 2020
    dickplumb said:
    dickplumb said:

The news brought to you five days ago by me. Am I regarded as ITK now?
    Only if he signs.
    Plus, how do we know if O’Rourke didn’t get the info from your post?
    It came from a very, very good source, who would know. All I said was that Gunter was at the Training Ground and the Valley. I didn’t say he had signed.
    You are only ITK if Michael Morrison signs too...  😂
  • Apparently we've just signed Chris gunter on a 2 year deal 
    Do we have some kind of link up with the Welsh national team?

We've now had Williams, Lockyer, Matthews, Ledley (albeit not for long) and Levitt. Now about to sign Gunter, can't be coincidence surely. It's just a shame Bale didn't sign.
  • Apparently we've just signed Chris gunter on a 2 year deal 
    Is he going to play up front because as it stands WE NEED SOME FUCKING  STRIKERS  !!!
    Need a RB more.
  • Keep checking in but still no news on Mbappe on 2k per week.

I suppose the non-international deadline is more likely going to be the "crucial" date for us. The irony of us finally having an owner seemingly willing to spend when the new salary cap has kicked in is a cruel blow. But I'd rather be where we are now than in a non-TS owned world.

Time for some SG/LB magic.
  • Suggested Gunter back in May, do I get a promote if he signs?
  • Chris Gunter may not be a glamorous name, but I would be glad if he did sign. Experienced guy, who is a long-term international with plenty of recent Championship experience, he should be a class above and exactly the kind of player to build a strong League 1 team around.
    I like Matthews too, but if the rumours are true, Bowyer simply prefers Gunter, or at least prefers him at a cap-friendly price. I seem to remember him saying, when we sold Dijksteel, that full back was not a priority position for him, so I cannot see him using excessive cap space there.