Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• I think if the money is right LB may be happy to cash in on Alfie. 
  • clive said:
    Reading between the lines on that report, Bowyer doesn't sound
    too confident of keeping Alfie, with  an English club interested, all
    this sounds like a re-run of the Bonne scenario  :/
    Really reading between the lines.

He's going to someone, the "english club" have not made an offer but if you want him Celtic you had better put in a big bid today or we will spend the next 2 weeks discussing it with the "english club" why you can't get a look in. 
  • We could always pick up Gunnersaurus now that Arsenal have released him? Passes the height test, though looks slightly less mobile than Aneke.
    Will Mesut Ozil be Gunnersaurus's replacement?
  • I think if the money is right LB may be happy to cash in on Alfie. 
    But is the money any great use to us with a wage cap/

Are we really going to pay a club £1m for a striker ..... and pay the player £4k pw?

• If Doughty doesn't come under the wage cap because of his age (which I believe is true), surely there is no excuse to not lock him down to a good contract and keep him long-term, as a statement from TS
    Thats great on paper, but you can't make him sign. 
  • We get compensation even if Alfie goes cross border in the summer – that’s the difference between him and Dillon [Phillips]. We don’t get a penny wherever Dillon goes in the summer.

“We have to weigh up the pros and cons if Alfie goes, we’d need someone ready to replace him.

“There is a club that is interested in this country as well. And it works the same way – what are they prepared to pay? If it’s right we’ll consider it. But we don’t want to sell Alfie, of course we don’t. In an ideal world Alfie signs the contract and keeps progressing.

He ain’t the finished article, for sure. In my eyes he should stay, sign his contract and crack on.”

So basically if Celtic were interested in Dills we'd still be playing him? This to me is double standards to me from Bowyer. Neither will sign a new deal but because it suits us we will play Alfie but not Dillon. And is the first part even correct? Did we get compo for Aribo when he went 'cross border'.

• We get compensation even if Alfie goes cross border in the summer – that’s the difference between him and Dillon [Phillips]. We don’t get a penny wherever Dillon goes in the summer.

“We have to weigh up the pros and cons if Alfie goes, we’d need someone ready to replace him.

“There is a club that is interested in this country as well. And it works the same way – what are they prepared to pay? If it’s right we’ll consider it. But we don’t want to sell Alfie, of course we don’t. In an ideal world Alfie signs the contract and keeps progressing.

He ain’t the finished article, for sure. In my eyes he should stay, sign his contract and crack on.”

So basically if Celtic were interested in Dills we'd still be playing him? This to me is double standards to me from Bowyer. Neither will sign a new deal but because it suits us we will play Alfie but not Dillon. And is the first part even correct? Did we get compo for Aribo when he went 'cross border'.

We did for Aribo, just not as much if he stayed in England.

We can survive without Phillips, we won’t without Doughty
  • Sponsored links:

• Won’t be any incomings from Denmark today. Schwartz deal is off. 
    Andy Delort saga all over again.
  • Oggy Red said:
    I think if the money is right LB may be happy to cash in on Alfie. 
    But is the money any great use to us with a wage cap/

Are we really going to pay a club £1m for a striker ..... and pay the player £4k pw?

Maybe not in short term but it may be better than compensation money if goes on a free and doing what is best for the club longer term. 

I could be wrong but sounds similar to the talk before Bonne was sold. 

Bowyer may even be thinking he wants a diamond again and Alfie don’t fit into that so worth getting it done if right 
  • Looking at the possible loans available -
    Jake Clarke Salter from Chelsea ( CB )
    Dara o Shea from West Brom (CB)
    Ben Johnson from West Ham (RB )
    Liam Miller from Liverpool ( STR ) 
    Kenneth Zohore from West Brom ( STR)
     Our choice or his?
  • I'd be happy with Gunter. But as we all know, I want to look at our portfolio of signings, and then assess what our realistic aim for this season should be.
     Our choice or his?
    No idea 

I'm not sure it's double standards, if we sell him now for £800k but after a season he turns into a machine worth £3m, then we benefit from that as much as him (if he moves to an English team). As for Aribo, I'm sure it was something silly like £400k
  • Sponsored links:

• If Doughty doesn't come under the wage cap because of his age (which I believe is true), surely there is no excuse to not lock him down to a good contract and keep him long-term, as a statement from TS
    What if he doesnt want to stay ?

• shine166 said:
    If Doughty doesn't come under the wage cap because of his age (which I believe is true), surely there is no excuse to not lock him down to a good contract and keep him long-term, as a statement from TS
    Thats great on paper, but you can't make him sign. 
    Of course, but if we're doing well (which is a big if at the moment admittedly), and are saving elsewhere on the wage cap we should have the ability to offer him a pretty competitive contract
  • SamE7 said:

We get compensation even if Alfie goes cross border in the summer – that’s the difference between him and Dillon [Phillips]. We don’t get a penny wherever Dillon goes in the summer.

I'm not sure it's double standards, if we sell him now for £800k but after a season he turns into a machine worth £3m, then we benefit from that as much as him (if he moves to an English team). As for Aribo, I'm sure it was something silly like £400k
    all I'm saying is that neither will sign a new contract but one get's picked and one doesn't. Why? Just because Alfie is under 24. 
  • Looking at the possible loans available -
    Jake Clarke Salter from Chelsea ( CB )
    Dara o Shea from West Brom (CB)
    Ben Johnson from West Ham (RB )
    Liam Miller from Liverpool ( STR ) 
    Kenneth Zohore from West Brom ( STR)
    Not a chance. Was playing Championship last season and is apparently wanted by clubs in Belgium and Turkey
  • This isn't me moaning as I'm well aware TS has effectively saved the club from going into admin and I'll be forever grateful for that, but is anyone else getting slightly concerned that we still appear to be going after the same targets? It seems to me that we're still going for older free agents and loans. I was hoping we might begin paying fees for players in their prime.

Once again not moaning, just sharing my thoughts on our transfer activity
    I did "hope" for this but I just don't think it is viable with the wage cap and time we have. I would expect Gallen and Bows to have a List A, B, C. List A should contain the best, hungry, younger players from the league below, but we've not heard of any names. 
  • edited October 2020

We get compensation even if Alfie goes cross border in the summer – that’s the difference between him and Dillon [Phillips]. We don’t get a penny wherever Dillon goes in the summer.

For the millionth time, you don’t play a keeper who has openly stated they won’t sign a new deal and want to leave.

I don't understand why you can't.

You simply can’t compare Doughty’s situation with Phillips’.

I can and I did.

• edited October 2020
    The cap is severely limiting which targets we can realistically go for. I'm sure we can pay fees now, but the wages for players that command a fee are almost certainly too high to ensure the squad as a whole fits within the cap. Even selling Dillon only frees up whatever the "average" League 1 wages are (somewhere around £2K a week?). Now that we have financial backing, the cap is a disaster!