Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• SamE7 said:
    Or its because he's not interested in £2k per week 

We aren't under an embargo anymore, we can offer him £10k a week as long as all the other players don't come to more than £2.5m a year...as explained loads on this thread
    How close are we to that though 
    From what I've heard we have plenty of room but ultimately depends how many players Bowyer wants to bring in and also how much Gallen rates him. It's like with that Mowatt chap in January when we were linked (lol), he was asked the question 'Is he worth X' and Gallen said 'No, I'd only pay Y'.
    As good as Schwartz is, that could be 2-3 players worth depending on his demands so as always, just have to trust in LB/SG :)
  • Schwartz might not fancy league 1, or wage demands could be to much. 

We have the budget with wages, but why offer 10k to a 30yo when you can get two players who would be a good fit on 5k each for example 
  • SamE7 said:

We aren't under an embargo anymore, we can offer him £10k a week as long as all the other players don't come to more than £2.5m a year...as explained loads on this thread
    You really think that our completed squad with hopefully five or six more signings won’t come right up to the allowed limit. 
  • Schwartz may prefer to stay in Denmark.
    Bowyer said we could get 2-3 transfers in and 2-3 loans.
    I would suggest if we paid a player £10K a week then we'd be struggling to get anyone else.
    I would suggest if we paid a player £10K a week then we'd be struggling to get anyone else.
    £10kpw is £520k pa, that would be 1/5 of our overall salary cap so something tells me we're not paying that. To be honest even if it was £6k which works out at £312k that's an ask. I think it would take an extraordinary player to pay above 4k for the final 5/6 spots.
    Exactly, you'd guess we've got about 10k a week in total left. 
  • SamE7 said:

Nowhere near it apparently, as Bowyer said last week. I reckon the highest wage we have is about £5k
  • Sponsored links:

• Bubble said:
    won't Giggs want him to be playing in the Championship? After all that's why Lockyer left ...
  • I’m a bit confused about Schwartz. Reported fee of £220k for a striker even at age 31 is very cheap for clubs both in this country and in mainland Europe. Doesn’t appear to have been a stampede for his signature despite his scoring exploits last season. Even with little or even no competition for his signature, Charlton haven’t pulled this off. You have to wonder why ?
    You would hope it’s because Gallen and Bowyer have better options open to them. 
    Or thwarted by the wage cap ........ maybe they think they can juggle wages better to get in 2 players for what the would have to pay Schwarz?

• Imagine the meltdown today when we have no in's and over the course of 3 days sell Bonne and Doughty!!
  • mendonca said:
    Imagine the meltdown today when we have no in's and over the course of 3 days sell Bonne and Doughty!!
    From Cawley's tweet earlier looks like we're holding out on Doughty...I'm not sure we'll sign anyone today as today is really aimed at international transfers - but I'd be surprised and disappointed if we don't sign 3-4 by next Friday (and keep Doughty).
  • edited October 2020
    SamE7 said:
    SamE7 said:

Nowhere near it apparently, as Bowyer said last week. I reckon the highest wage we have is about £5k
    No doubt a player/players on existing contracts carried over from last season. Will only count for about £2k pw under wage cap.

I can't see that 5k pw would be offered to a new signing currently.

• SamE7 said:

Be interesting to work out. 

But I reckon we have a few 4-5ks and the rest I'd be surprised if they're on much more than £2K. 
  • edited October 2020
    Oggy Red said:
    SamE7 said:
    SamE7 said:

No doubt a player/players on existing contracts carried over from last season. Will only count for about £2k pw under wage cap.

I think I read that they're calculated at the league average (expected to be around £2.5k)

What happens if a kid is on £5k a week, then on 01/01/21 moves into the capped age range? Does that go down as average or is it full whack?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    SamE7 said:
    SamE7 said:

I think I read that they're calculated at the league average (expected to be around £2.5k)

What happens if a kid is on £5k a week, then on 01/01/21 moves into the capped age range? Does that go down as average or is it full whack?
    Pretty sure I read that age is taken at a reference date of 1 January 2020, so no I don't think so 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    SamE7 said:
    SamE7 said:

Fair enough, Dazzler.

The under 21 on the 1st January would apply for the whole current season, I should think.

For example, international under 21 squads count like that - currently a player who who attains 21 years of age after the 1st January is eligible to play the entire season.

• We could always pick up Gunnersaurus now that Arsenal have released him? Passes the height test, though looks slightly less mobile than Aneke.
  • We're going to end up losing Doughty for a development fee next summer aren't we? 
  • clive said:
    Reading between the lines on that report, Bowyer doesn't sound
    too confident of keeping Alfie, with  an English club interested, all
    this sounds like a re-run of the Bonne scenario  :/
  • I think so regarding Doughty. The only ray of sunshine for me is that I feel Doughty should be our last "mismanaged youth player" in terms of exposure to first team while on a short contract.

Imagine a clothes shop putting their best items on window display, and they're the only items on 70% discount in the shop. I'm hoping that is Old Charlton, and not the Rockstar's Charlton.
  • SamE7 said:

Ahead of the Maddison signing, Bows was talking about wanting 3 more senior players before needing to dip into the loan market where they can pick up some under 21s. I took this to mean they have enough head room to bring in 3 more senior players on competitive contracts (12-15kpw total?) before they reach the cap.

After the Maddison I'd guess we have 8-10kpw left which will go towards a RB (Matthew or more likely Gunther by the looks of things) and a striker (would have been Schwartz I guess but now looks like that's off). Hopefully I'm wrong and there's still enough room left for a senior right-sided CB as well but if not I'd guess they'll look to fill that and the additional striker slot with U21 loans that won't count towards the cap.
  • clive said:
    Reading between the lines on that report, Bowyer doesn't sound
    too confident of keeping Alfie, with  an English club interested, all
    this sounds like a re-run of the Bonne scenario  :/
    Depends where we are in the league I guess. January he will have four more months and maybe be a part of a Championship team with ambition and playing, or risk a move.
    If we don’t go up he moves.