Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Tomorrow is just the International Transfer Market. Domestic Transfer Window shuts on Friday 16th October.
  • So is it unlikely we are getting Schwartz?
  • I can't see it especially with Randers FC having interest in him. Would be nice if we could pinch him though. 
  • So tomorrow is last chance saloon for celtic to up there bid for alfie 
  • FAVADDICK said:
    So tomorrow is last chance saloon for celtic to up there bid for alfie 
    We'll find out soon enough. Curious to see how our contract talks are going with him. We need the Phillips situation resolved ASAP too. 
  • It's not absolute priority but I'd still like to see us pick up a midfield spoiler. We're always better with that kind of player, a midfielder who can break up the play and then move it on. Bielik and Field made us better as a team overall by allowing the passers to move the ball on more quickly further up the pitch. Pratley is 600 years old and shouldn't be playing every game, so it would be good to bring in a younger player who is a bit more comfortable on the ball. I think we should be looking to shift Oztumer, JFC and maybe Lapslie as I don't really see them as being capable of playing the way we want to. We have a lot of midfielders but a lot of them play a very similar way and there's some in there who you'd rather not see play at all given the choice
  • FAVADDICK said:
    We'll find out soon enough. Curious to see how our contract talks are going with him. We need the Phillips situation resolved ASAP too. 
    Phillips and Doughty are part of the same agency (whether they have the same agent is anyone's guess) so I'd imagine Phillips stance on his contract is likely to be mirrored in Doughty
  • FAVADDICK said:
    Let's hope they forget what day it is, as well as what
    position Alfie plays ;)
  • Is phillips on his way then? Or been injured? 
  • Sponsored links:

• The latest I’ve heard is that Ronnie Schwartz to Charlton is back on. There has been interest from another Danish Superliga club (Randers) but we are in poll position to land his signature. The fee being talked about is somewhere in the region of £1.8 million Danish Kroner which is approximately £220,000. 
    Come on 24 hours to get it done 
  • Would be a great boost to get this done tomorrow and a good sign of intent for the next couple of weeks. Really hope it happens. Don’t know much about the lad but he has a good pedigree, excellent scoring record and it would just be a nice feeling to be buying players again. Another sign that the worst is behind us.
  • The latest I’ve heard is that Ronnie Schwartz to Charlton is back on. There has been interest from another Danish Superliga club (Randers) but we are in poll position to land his signature. The fee being talked about is somewhere in the region of £1.8 million Danish Kroner which is approximately £220,000. 
    Funny enough that's exactly the same figure a Danish newspaper (Ekstra Blade, was it?) website reported Schwartz was earning at Midtjylland FC.

I wonder if we are just taking on his contract, as Midtjylland happy to get a high earner off their payroll to free up space for a new signing?

Well with Randers involved we've got no chance.
    The latest I’ve heard is that Ronnie Schwartz to Charlton is back on. There has been interest from another Danish Superliga club (Randers) but we are in poll position to land his signature. The fee being talked about is somewhere in the region of £1.8 million Danish Kroner which is approximately £220,000. 
    I know nothing about danish football, what makes you think that?
    This really tickled me
  • edited October 2020
    The latest I’ve heard is that Ronnie Schwartz to Charlton is back on. There has been interest from another Danish Superliga club (Randers) but we are in poll position to land his signature. The fee being talked about is somewhere in the region of £1.8 million Danish Kroner which is approximately £220,000. 
    This really tickled me
    Bloody Randers!! The equivalent to the Green Street Green Wanderers. Come on Charlton!
  • It's not absolute priority but I'd still like to see us pick up a midfield spoiler. We're always better with that kind of player, a midfielder who can break up the play and then move it on. Bielik and Field made us better as a team overall by allowing the passers to move the ball on more quickly further up the pitch. Pratley is 600 years old and shouldn't be playing every game, so it would be good to bring in a younger player who is a bit more comfortable on the ball. I think we should be looking to shift Oztumer, JFC and maybe Lapslie as I don't really see them as being capable of playing the way we want to. We have a lot of midfielders but a lot of them play a very similar way and there's some in there who you'd rather not see play at all given the choice
    I worry that we've never really seemed to give Oztumer much of a chance (I'd almost be inclined to see if we could play him with Aneke, more as a kind of auxiliary striker than our normal interpretation of attacking midfielder).

My feeling is that he has been playing too far away from goal for us (often only on the field when we're on the back foot), and that his positioning for Walsall was further forward.

I can honestly see him as one we sell on, only to have him haunt us in the future (admittedly, there have been a few).
    I worry that we've never really seemed to give Oztumer much of a chance (I'd almost be inclined to see if we could play him with Aneke, more as a kind of auxiliary striker than our normal interpretation of attacking midfielder).

My feeling is that he has been playing too far away from goal for us (often only on the field when we're on the back foot), and that his positioning for Walsall was further forward.

I can honestly see him as one we sell on, only to have him haunt us in the future (admittedly, there have been a few).
    Walsall got the best out of Oztumer, with a stunning goals return.

But then they set their team up to allow Ozzy to perform, almost a free role, licence to make runs from deep unmarked and exploit pockets of space. He scored many of his goals with late runs.

They didn't seem to play him alongside the striker though.

• Oggy Red said:
    Funny enough that's exactly the same figure a Danish newspaper (Ekstra Blade, was it?) website reported Schwartz was earning at Midtjylland FC.

I wonder if we are just taking on his contract, as Midtjylland happy to get a high earner off their payroll to free up space for a new signing?

Two years left on his contract, so that amount would be Charlton/Midtjylland splitting the cost, yes.

What is strange to me is Randers being quoted this Friday as if Schwartz is available, if Midtjylland at that point were set for a deal with Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2020
    He has played for about 10 clubs since 2007, played in  Germany and Denmark, never staying more than two seasons.    
  • Oggy Red said:

Two years left on his contract, so that amount would be Charlton/Midtjylland splitting the cost, yes.

What is strange to me is Randers being quoted this Friday as if Schwartz is available, if Midtjylland at that point were set for a deal with Charlton.
    @norwayaddick    I guess we'll find out, one way or the other, by tomorrow evening when the international transfer window closes?

• Dansk_Red said:
    He has played for about 10 clubs since 2007, played in Norway, Germany and Denmark, never staying more than two seasons.    
    Fine by me, we’d only want him for 1 season.
    I know nothing about danish football, what makes you think that?
    😄😄
  • I agree. We need an extra body in midfield too, one better than those we already have.
  • We've signed Watson, Levitt and Gilbey, all of whom play central midfield, in addition to Morgan and Vennings, who are good enough to get game time. Are you saying our new signings aren't fit for purpose? They had energy against Sunderland, just nobody to pass to!

I think people have been thrown by the Gilbey injury. You don't sign a whole new midfielder and waste precious wages because of a minor injury 
    Fee of 220k and we are haggling over the fee structure? 
  • Happy international transfer deadline day. We have until 11pm tonight to sign players from abroad.
  • Also until 11pm tonight for any international sales - keeping in mind Celtic’s apparent interest in Doughty.