Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Clarky said:
    DiscoCAFC said:
    I’m hoping this is calm before the storm as I’m starting to get worried now.
    I expect us to get 2-3 loan players in but It doubt they will happen until late next week as the loaning club maybe reluctant to let them go until they have finished their transfer business.
    Might start to see that happening now as after today Premier League clubs will only be able to sign from the Football League

Apart from Joe Roden (Swansea) to Spurs I cant see there being much movement in that direction now so wont be surprised if Premier League clubs start loaning out those kids now
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:
    LB on Phillips:

“What’s Dillon going to do if he doesn’t go? He is going to sit there not playing any games and is going to be forgotten next summer – no-one is going to take him."

Sorry don't buy that. A keeper of Phillips quality doesn't get "forgotten about". A home grown keeper of Phillips' quality on a free even less so. He will either get a place as a Championship number one or back up in the PL a la Elliott at Newcastle.
    You see, I think Bow is right.

If he doesn’t get a move now and waits until next summer, clubs are going to forget about him. They’ll instead go for players who have been playing well this season, not someone who refused to sign a contract and not played for a year.

He has had one full season in professional football in his entire career, that was last season. He’s 25 now, will be 26 by the time his contract is up. One full season by 26 is not going to attract many Championship clubs, that’s for sure, even with how good he was last season.

Players do listen to their agents far too much, forgetting the only reason they’re saying the things they do is because they have an agenda themselves, money.

If Phillips was really in demand, and clubs genuinely wanted him, he’d be gone by now.

The fact is, there may be interest but not enough to get a deal done for him to be playing at Championship level. That’s what he needs, there is no point him signing for another club to just sit on the bench.

He’d have been better off signing a deal with us, helping us get back up and then looking to move even if we do or do not get promoted this season. 
    Phillips made 73 consecutive League matches and generally recognised as being in the top three keepers in the Championship. And he might be prepared at some point to sign for another Championship club on a three or four year contract to initially sit on the bench on the basis that his opportunity will come and for more money and security. 

But, accepting that no one might come in for him, there is another issue. What if Amos gets injured and Phillips then refuses to play or even sit on the bench because of the way he's been treated? He could argue that we have a history of signing players on 12 month contracts (or with less than that left) but continue to play them, so why are we singling him out? He could also argue that, in keeping him out of the shop window, we have been detrimental to his career and restricted the possibility of him being sold. If the "out of sight, out of mind argument" hold water does it have to have a timescale? 

My concern is that we have now had Solly, Taylor and Davis who all refused to play for LB. Bonne said that he left because he didn't feel wanted after being publicly singled out for criticism and we don't appear to have found a ready made replacement for him. We have an impasse with Phillips and Doughty might well be the next to up sticks too. With the other departures, by my reckoning, that will leave us with no more than three or four players who played 20 plus games last season and they are hardly the ones who are going to be the difference between us being successful or not. 

In not playing Phillips and with him still being on the books we will end up paying him to sit at home.  In those circumstances Phillips won't be the only loser. And that's all without taking into account that he is the best keeper we have at the club.
    He made 73 consecutive league appearances but has only had one full season in his professional career in the EFL, that is the point I made. The amount of consecutive appearances doesn't matter, clubs will look and see only one full season.

There is also no chance that Phillips is going to sign for another club to be their number 2. He hated waited for his chance here and was very strong in his opinion, Andy Marshall would say the same. If Phillips is to be sold, he will only leave for a club where he will play. Security and more money is not his ambition, it's to be playing games and at the highest level he can.

Phillips was regarded as one of the best performers in goal in the league last season, but you have to ask the question as to why he has not been sold yet? I can assure you it is not because we have refused to, if a club matches our valuation, it's down to Phillips to go. There have been suggestions that he or his agent has been picky.

We have not been or will be detrimental to his career, far from it.

The club, and especially Bowyer, gave him the opportunity and stuck with him in the Championship after 6 months of League One. He improved enormously and Bowyer was full of praise for him. He was our POTY for a reason.

At the end of the day, we have been hurt too many times by players who have improved whilst at the club, to then leave for nothing and we suffer from it. Phillips has chosen not to sign a new contract when it was on the table, we can only do so much.

Phillips has made it clear he would like to leave and play Championship football. Fair enough, he done well last season, it's football and that happens. But he has not been treated in any kind of way or singled out. That's simply not true.

Bowyer and the club are doing what is best for the club and that is protecting ourselves, ensuring we get something from him in terms of a sale, and not including a player who doesn't want to be here anymore.

Please point me in the direction to where Bonne has said he left as he didn't feel wanted? Bonne left because he was offered more money to play for a club in the league above and did not have to move house. It is that simple.

Bowyer also praised him just as much as he criticised him, it was good management. When he wasn't doing it, he needed the honesty of Bowyer and when he played well, Bowyer said he was outstanding. Our manager is firm but fair and if players don't like the truth, they're in the wrong industry.

You can probably say well it doesn't need to be said publicly, but why not? If he can praise him publicly, why can he not say when he wasn't good enough? It's keeping consistency and honesty. Everything he says and does is to improve the players, I think you can say he has succeeded in that.

Bringing in a replacement is not as easy as that. A good deal was on the table for Bonne, we took it because it was too good to refuse. We have 2 weeks to bring in 2 strikers. Be patient because they will come. 

Solly, Taylor, and Davis are all completely different to this situation and I fail to understand why they have been brought up. But as you have touched on the subject...

Solly didn't play for us for his own personal reasons which have yet to be disclosed, we may never know the full reason and that's completely up to him. However, he was not going to be offered a new contract for this season and hadn't featured due to the success of Matthews.

Taylor refused to play because he was selfish and did not want to risk himself getting injured when his team needed him the most. He focused only where he wanted to be playing this season rather than helping us survive which I am certain had he played the last 9, we would have done. It was nothing to do with Bowyer and Taylor himself says how much he respects him. His actions say otherwise, but that is not to do with Bowyer.

Davis refused to come back because he and his family was based in the Midlands and did not want to go back to London in uncertain times. Ultimately, he did not want to bother helping us as it made no difference to him. Again, nothing to do with Bowyer.

I really struggle to see what you're trying to get at with that point.

Back onto the actual point of Phillips... it boils down to doing what is best for the club. If Bowyer had a choice, Phillips would sign a new contract or have had already and be our number 1 this season. But he hasn't and once again, we are not putting ourselves in a vulnerable position, yet again.

Phillips has made his decision by listening to his agent, whether he is the best keeper at the club or not doesn't really matter anymore. He doesn't want to be here and so once we get a fair offer, it is up to him to complete his move.

We will say thank you for all your hard work and performances and giving us a good chance of survival last season, and good luck in future. No hard feelings. We are doing what is best for us, and he is doing what he believes is best for him.
    I'm expecting two strikers to come but how good they are going to be is another thing altogether! I certainly hope they are good additions.
  • DiscoCAFC said:
    I’m hoping this is calm before the storm as I’m starting to get worried now.
    Why we still have 11 days befoe the window closes.

I am really confused about the panic.

If we sign a player for money in the next 11 days they would have been training with there squad as well so would already have some fitness, same with a prem loan

Honestly the only thing I expected today was Schwartz, when we was told that was dead I didn't expect anything today, its not like we are looking abroad for players so no need to rush it
    Ok fair enough, I didn’t realise.
  • I seriously think the reason Phillips is not being pursued by better placed teams is due to his kicking. 
  • Ferryman said:
    Won’t be any incomings from Denmark today. Schwartz deal is off. 
    The new Chris Malkin!
    I remember we had just beaten Millwall at the Valley and had agreed a fee for Malkin. Alex Rae was having a beer in the players lounge and was ensuring everyone around him could hear his displeasure that Malkin was being sold. We ended up with Chris Whyte, Matt Jackson and Bradley Allen in the end. Millwall got relegated, we made the playoffs and Chris Malkin scored 6 goals over 3 years for Blackpool.
  • mendonca said:
    I seriously think the reason Phillips is not being pursued by better placed teams is due to his kicking. 
    It’s definitely the case. Everyone’s in love with the idea of a sweeper keeper that’s good with their feet and can start attacks quickly. Every keeper is expected to be a good shot stopper, even if Philips is better than average in that area
  • edited October 2020
    FCM have announced the signing of Luca Pfieffer from Wurzburger Kickers, allowing Schwartz to move on.
  • Schwartz needs to be done tonight doesn't it?
  • Sponsored links:

• @flyingkiwiDK

Any truth in this or you still hearing its dead 

• In regards to Gunter, Reading signing a right back on loan
  • Schwartz needs to be done tonight doesn't it?
    Yep. 

• In regards to Gunter, Reading signing a right back on loan
    Gunter was released by Reading anyway so it doesn't matter who they sign
  • Sponsored links:

• Danepak said:
    From the Danish tabloid Ekstra Bladet:

Then we have a final decision around Ronnie Schwartz.  The Superliga topscorer last season turns its back on Denmark and steams across the North Sea.  FC Midtjylland agrees with Charlton on a transfer to 2.5 million and Ronnie Schwartz has decided that it is the best destination for him.

2.5 million is approx 300k
    The conversation I overheard the other day (after Sunderland game)  did suggest someone of this mans age was pretty much done and dusted.  I hope that’s sorted now
  • Laddick01 said:
    @flyingkiwiDK must be a broken man at this point
    Ha ha ha.. aw it's ok he will get a bit of stick but all in good fun ! And we all appreciate his updates whatever the outcome.
  • Danish/Norwegian source below suggests AaB believe they have missed out on Schwartz and will be turning to their back up target.

Either google translate is wrong or Axel Moen is a tad racist.

Click on the tweet and translate, I was kind of shocked, and hopeful something is getting lost in translation 
  • "I am told that West Ham have reached an agreement to cancel Jack Wilshere's contract by mutual consent"
  • Danish/Norwegian source below suggests AaB believe they have missed out on Schwartz and will be turning to their back up target.

I'll tell you what, with all the Ronnie Schwartz 'will he/won't he saga', we've all improved our Danish  :smile:

• We signing someone?.
  • sasquatch said:
    DOUCHER said:
    is Ronnie Schwarz the bloke who is nicknamed hammer foot or something because of the power of his shot?
    He's nicknamed 'Plaffeministeren'.
    Plaffe is an unformal way of saying shoot (a weapon) in Danish.

Although not directly translated, I would call him The Shotgun Sheriff or just The Sheriff

Either google translate is wrong or Axel Moen is a tad racist.

Click on the tweet and translate, I was kind of shocked, and hopeful something is getting lost in translation 
    Schwartz means black ffs